Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- mcborzu - 2010-11-25

MaDDoGo Wrote:mcborzu, are all the strings added into the language file? If true, let me know and I'll start spanish translation before you submit to the repo.

Cheers!

Oh yea, super easy too. Maybe about 20 are new the rest can be copied and pasted from Confluence and Night...

- macshield - 2010-11-25

Kallaide Wrote:Image

Here's what I was talking about.... I'm not the best at explaining things, Sad

Anyway, like I was saying. I couldn't see a need for the Random TV Episodes on the right when viewing the TV Shows window. So I added a settings option in Skin - Movies/TV that lets you set either the TV Airing Today or Random Episodes for the right side...

First off let me say I am loving this skin, thanks mcborzu for all your hard work.
Second I like your idea Kallaide, would you mine sharing this mod?

Thanks

- sammydog69 - 2010-11-25

Kallaide Wrote:Oh I also fixed the centre sub-menu bar. There was an anomaly with one of the lines that made it stand out more than the others (Not sure if that was intentional or not though...lol) Anyways, I changed the height of it and adjusted the spacing to have the sub-menus as middle as possible in each section.

I thought that I was being picky about the menu bar because no one else had mentioned it Smile

I'd be really grateful if I could get my hands on the updated files and the mod you've made.

Mcborzu continues to raise the bar when it comes to XBMC skins. It's amazing what the community can produce. I still haven't seen anything commercial that even comes close to being as polished as XBMC.

- MaDDoGo - 2010-11-25

Hi mcborzu,

I am translating the skin and I have found a little mistake. In sentence 41407 you have to put the name of your fantastic skin Smile
Besides that, I miss a TVTunes button.

PS: Here's the strings.xml

PS2: I found that views aren't translated.

PS3: Addon.xml lines:
Quote: <summary lang="Spanish">Skin "The Carmichael" creado por mcborzu</summary>
<description lang="Spanish">The Carmichael está diseñado para presentar tus archivos multimédia a través de una interfaz unificada. La facilidad de uso y el diseño unificado de todas las vistas son la finalidad de este skin.</description>
<disclaimer lang="Spanish">Is hay algún problema con el skin, puedes postear el problema en los foros de XBMC: forum.xbmc.org/</disclaimer>

- Japaja - 2010-11-25

I have a bug. It says "Scanning music - 0%" stays there forever. Only way to remove it is to change to different skin restart xbmc and then change back. But once I restart again.. same thing. Smile Oh, I'm on Dharma RC1.

- jimkaf - 2010-11-25

Heya mcborzu and well done so far with this skin. It's quite tidy and has a professional look to it. Now, on with a bug and a couple suggestions:

1) On two installations I'm running, both on windows 7 + dharma RC1, the TV Tunes while browsing the shows seem to be running fine, until you actually play a video. Once you do, it's like the script isn't even fired anymore.

2) Could there perhaps be a trigger to enable/disable the HD Movies Menu? For example I happen to keep only HD Movies so it's a little redundant in this case having both Movies and HD Movies.

3) It'd also be great if we could run the logo/thumb/clearart downloader script too from the info screen of a TV Show.

Again thanks for all the hard work and for taking the time to read this input.

- Kallaide - 2010-11-26

Macshield & Sammydog69,

The code I used when making the alterations was close to a week old now and Mcborzu has updated at least once since then, plus anything he's worked on since. I can supply it, however any of the newest changes he's made (including bug fixes) will not be present as well as the fact that as soon as you do update it to fix any issues you'll lose all the changes I've made...

In other words, I'd suggest waiting until we hear back from Mcborzu on whether he likes the change and if he wants to use it. This way it will be in the system and you can keep up with the bug fixes and changes.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-26

Kallaide Wrote:Macshield & Sammydog69,

The code I used when making the alterations was close to a week old now and Mcborzu has updated at least once since then, plus anything he's worked on since. I can supply it, however any of the newest changes he's made (including bug fixes) will not be present as well as the fact that as soon as you do update it to fix any issues you'll lose all the changes I've made...

In other words, I'd suggest waiting until we hear back from Mcborzu on whether he likes the change and if he wants to use it. This way it will be in the system and you can keep up with the bug fixes and changes.

Haven't decided yet...

1. I hate alot of skin settings, I always try to keep them to bare minimal...
2. I like the boxes on both sides balancing each other out
3. I need something on Videos to balance that out also...

Side note I don't think I touched Home or Includes in a couple days...

- Kallaide - 2010-11-26

Yea I know... You said that about 50 times on the Night thread... lol Although I never quite understood it. I only ever go into the settings once and I'm done with it. To me, the more options I have with setting the Skin the way "I" like it the more I like it. It's kinda like comparing IE to Chrome, IE is Microsoft and it's their way, where as Chrome (and Firefox for all you who haven't switched over,) let you customize and make it more personalized, much like what XBMC is all about. Hmm... I think I just convinced myself to start my own skin... LMAO, My wifes gonna kill me if I start coding again....

Opps got a bit off topic there... I'll post the files I changed and created, I just have to figure out where to host em... Where's the best place to host a skin?

- mcborzu - 2010-11-26

Update 11-26
-Fixed label/logo overlap on 'now playing' queue screen
-Fixed Music scan
-Some more strings
-Added logo button to info screen

**only git updated**

@MaDDoGo
added these today
Quote:<!-- Views -->
<string id="31028">Big Grid</string>
<string id="31029">Landscape</string>
<string id="31030">Music Wrap</string>
<string id="31031">Banner</string>
<!-- End Views -->
<string id="31032">Try to leave atleast 9 on screen to fill width of Home screen</string>

<string id="31249">Get Logo</string>

- cainecollin - 2010-11-26

Love it. Especially now that there is banner support, Only thing: Am I just missing the setting to show "Shut Down" ?

- Broads - 2010-11-26

+ 1 on a shutdown panel, for shut down, logoff etc. Unless you can put the options on the settings panel menu?.

- MaDDoGo - 2010-11-26

Wow, thank you mcborzu Smile Here are the translations:

Quote:<!-- Views -->
<string id="31028">Cuadrícula Grande</string>
<string id="31029">Landscape</string>
<string id="31030">Music Wrap</string><!--Is this is a music fixed cover view??-->
<string id="31031">Banner</string>
<!-- End Views -->
<string id="31032">Intenta dejar mínimo 9 en pantalla para rellenar el ancho de la pantalla principal</string><!-- I have to see where is this to confirm-->

<string id="31249">Descargar Logo</string>

Cheers!

- Japaja - 2010-11-26

mcborzu Wrote:Update 11-26
-Fixed Music scan
**only git updated**
Thanks, works fine now. Appears for 2-3 sec then the RSS kicks in. Smile

BTW Can anyone explain to me how do I populate the pictures pane like music, tv shows and movies. It's just not working. Confused

- byxil - 2010-11-26

I translate for italian language. the file is here

something is still missing to this skin, but for now is the best Big Grin

good job
thanks