Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - dj_gerbil - 2012-04-08

Sorry ruuk, still not working Sad I had a quick look at the log myself and it seems to be struggling to get the local forum config from the server. Also, when it's requesting something, it seems to somehow be asking with two variables, even though there's only one within the brackets so I'm wondering if somehow it's getting a tuple or a list from somewhere.

Log File's here

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-04-08

(2012-04-08, 11:49)dj_gerbil Wrote: Sorry ruuk, still not working Sad I had a quick look at the log myself and it seems to be struggling to get the local forum config from the server. Also, when it's requesting something, it seems to somehow be asking with two variables, even though there's only one within the brackets so I'm wondering if somehow it's getting a tuple or a list from somewhere.

Log File's here

What it looks like to me is that it expects no args (when it it says 2 it is talking about 'self' and the one in the brackets). It's another python version thing, just moved up the chain. I'll have to look at the code when I get home, but I think I'll try a try/except to cover each case and hope that takes care of it.

v0.9.12 - ruuk - 2012-04-08

Version 0.9.12

dj_gerbil: I think this one will do it. If not, I'm gonna lose it Smile (btw, thanks for continuing to test these updates)

Changes:
- Man I hope this is the final fix for the xmlrpclib python version conflicts Smile
- Added 'Edit' to message view context menu

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/files/script.forum.browser-0.9.12.zip

v0.9.13 - ruuk - 2012-04-10

Version 0.9.13

Changes:
- Added an option in settings (enabled by default) to account for the bug in the Tapatalk MyBB plugin which unsubscribes you from the thread when you edit a post. The fix just checks the plugin version, checks whether you are subscribed to the thread, and if you are then it re-subscribes you to the thread after saving the post.
- Added password hashing for forums that require or support it
- Removed delete option from post view context menu when not users post
- Added keyboard mod options in settings which displays a more suitable keyboard when editing posts
- Improved some post display handling
- Added 'Enable SSL' option in settings which causes Forum Browser to connect with https

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/files/script.forum.browser-0.9.13.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-04-10

hi im back from short break and i'm currently testing your latest version ,this is a test using my asrock remote from within forum browser.THIS IS A"Test"

checking to see if my post count increases testing *this is an edited message

test to see being logged in a forum ,change to different not logged into forum then back to auto logging me back in then adding a post

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-04-10

(2012-04-10, 19:40)hasselhof Wrote: test to see being logged in a forum ,change to different not logged into forum then back to auto logging me back in then adding a post

Did everything go well?

Hi ruuk

this addon is coming along nicely, I really like the polished look and feel to it, I also like the stylish icons you have made for each forum.

I have done a bit more testing and have included a debug log,
I also had switched "on" in the forum browser addon settings "Log Debugging"
& "enable mybb edit post bug resubscribe fix"

Log is here :- http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/10.April%202012%20xbmc%20debug.log

Just a reminder of my setup

XBMCbuntu eden v11.0(xbmc.org)
Asrock ion 330ht
Transparency skin
Using a remote controller
Forum Browser 0.9.13
Web Viewer 0.8.5

Some more observations I have made :-

I had installed from scratch and web viewer 0.8.2 was installed instead of v 0.8.5 can you ask it to install v 0.8.5

I set my login details in the "Set Logins" setting and I had to close down forum browser and restart forum browser to get it to actually register my login ie show the green light, is this the expected method.

As you noticed I was able to successfully post in the forum no problem, I was also able to edit my post, and while logged in I changed forums and came back to xbmc.org which logged me in automatically and again I was able to post no problem, also my post count increased, which is all good. But I was not able to delete my post, you will see from my log that I tried more than once to do this, see what you think.

I was also not able to quote again see the log as to what you think.

Subscriptions & messages all worked fine as expected, could the word subscriptions be possibly changed to bookmarks or favourites ?

The favourites separator is now visible thanks.

One thing I did like about the older versions I have tried, was the "use forum colours" and the "light" & "dark" options.I especially liked the black background with white writing as this to me is less eye strain.

My avatar info on the left is nice accept my user name is a bit blurred in red maybe green would be better? .Why does it say Tapatalk when I'm logged into xbmc.org. I like the green icon in top right corner to show me logged in maybe this could be carried to all screens?

Could you look at including some nice fanart, like your web view fanart ?.

At the end of the log you will see I got it to script error, this was triggered by me logging into xbmc4xbox trying to post a reply but failed, so I came completely out of forum browser to try to re enter xbmc4xbox to see if it needed to register my login details but couldn't get back into forum browser, I did notice that before I tried to post a reply in the xbmc4xbox forum I saw the green icon in top righthand corner was showing green as if I were logged in.I was able to access the addon settings I tried a couple of options to no avail and then proceeded to set setting to default but couldn't get past script error .

Apart from that It was a complete pleasure to use, very user friendly, easy on the eye, the keyboard addition is a godsend I especially like the abcd format.
I think the forum list will grow very quickly once this is offered to the official repo. which I don't think will be very far away now.

Hope you understand the above, sorry for it to drag on & on, but this addon is I use alot and like you want it to be as good as it can be.

I've ran out of testing time for tonight, but I will check in before bed to see your findings if any.

All the best, and keep up the excellent workCool

Oh and thank you for my reputation, it stinks being in the redSad

Thank youBig Grin

John

Re: RE: v0.9.12 - dj_gerbil - 2012-04-10

(2012-04-08, 20:26)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.12

dj_gerbil: I think this one will do it. If not, I'm gonna lose it Smile (btw, thanks for continuing to test these updates)

Changes:
- Man I hope this is the final fix for the xmlrpclib python version conflicts Smile
- Added 'Edit' to message view context menu

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/files/script.forum.browser-0.9.12.zip

Hi ruuk

Sorry for not replying sooner, i'm sat in the middle of a field at the mo with lousy internet so only just noticed your message. I'll try downloading the update as soon as I get a chance and post my findings.

Cheers, Chris.

Sent from my MB860 2

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-04-10

(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: I set my login details in the "Set Logins" setting and I had to close down forum browser and restart forum browser to get it to actually register my login ie show the green light, is this the expected method.
I'll have to add some code to check for new login data and login after set logins is finished.
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: As you noticed I was able to successfully post in the forum no problem, I was also able to edit my post, and while logged in I changed forums and came back to xbmc.org which logged me in automatically and again I was able to post no problem, also my post count increased, which is all good. But I was not able to delete my post, you will see from my log that I tried more than once to do this, see what you think.
The tapatalk plugin doesn't support deleting yet. Actually it does, but only for forum moderators. I can't do it from my phone either.
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: I was also not able to quote again see the log as to what you think.
It looks like one time was due to a socket timeout.
I think I fixed the error that caused the rest. It's all over your log Smile
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: Subscriptions & messages all worked fine as expected, could the word subscriptions be possibly changed to bookmarks or favourites ?
Well, then someone would be asking if I could change it to subscriptions Smile
I have it as subscriptions because they are subscribed threads in the forums I use. Maybe I could make an option.
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: The favourites separator is now visible thanks.

One thing I did like about the older versions I have tried, was the "use forum colours" and the "light" & "dark" options.I especially liked the black background with white writing as this to me is less eye strain.
Well, using the tapatalk api made the "Forum Colors" option not as relevant or possible. I do plan to add a dark skin, but that will be after I get the code settled down and put it on the repo. Skin design takes a lot of time.
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: My avatar info on the left is nice accept my user name is a bit blurred in red maybe green would be better? .Why does it say Tapatalk when I'm logged into xbmc.org. I like the green icon in top right corner to show me logged in maybe this could be carried to all screens?
I was thinking of highlighting the whole area on the left hand side instead of coloring the name. The name highlight was easy because it was already there, and I chose red because I don't want it to be confused with the green of the 'Online' indicator and activity.
Also, I do plan on putting the 'Logged In' indicator on all screens.
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: Could you look at including some nice fanart, like your web view fanart ?.
I plan to eventually.
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: At the end of the log you will see I got it to script error, this was triggered by me logging into xbmc4xbox trying to post a reply but failed, so I came completely out of forum browser to try to re enter xbmc4xbox to see if it needed to register my login details but couldn't get back into forum browser, I did notice that before I tried to post a reply in the xbmc4xbox forum I saw the green icon in top righthand corner was showing green as if I were logged in.I was able to access the addon settings I tried a couple of options to no avail and then proceeded to set setting to default but couldn't get past script error .
Found the startup error and fixed it. xbmc4xbox is a non-tapatalk forum and since I've been concentrating on tapatalk it is not surprising that I've created some bugs in the other code (though I've been trying not to Smile ). The post error looks like it's probably a change in the forum that made the scraping fail. If all the forums had the tapatalk plugin my life would be much easier Smile
(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: Apart from that It was a complete pleasure to use, very user friendly, easy on the eye, the keyboard addition is a godsend I especially like the abcd format.
The keyboard is just a modified confluence keyboard. I guess the Transparency skin has qwerty Smile
Yeah, XBMC needs a good multi line text input, but for now this is the best I can do Smile

v0.9.14 - ruuk - 2012-04-10

Version 0.9.14

Changes:
- Fixed a bug preventing quoting.
- Fixed a startup bug on non-tapatalk forums
- Now resets indicators after login data changes
- Failed logins now show a message next to the indicator

Get it here:

http://forumbrowserxbmc.googlecode.com/files/script.forum.browser-0.9.14.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-10, 20:51)hasselhof Wrote: I had installed from scratch and web viewer 0.8.2 was installed instead of v 0.8.5 can you ask it to install v 0.8.5

I submitted v0.8.6 of WebViewer to the repo. It just ads version logging and removes some code that could print passwords to the log.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-04-11

Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-04-11

Hi ruuk

Log is here :- http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/xbmc.log

Logging in to xbmc.org works straight away, I don't have to close down forum browser and restart it any more to log in, as soon as I entered my loggin details and confirmed them the green light came on. Thanks.

But there was a problem with the xbmc4xbox loggin though, I set me loggins,for xbmc4xbox then changed forum to xbmc4xbox and got
an error message that showed up 4 times on the trot I had to keep clicking ok.

the new web viewer v0.86 didn't show still the v0.8.2 , but maybe we will have to wait a while before it shows on the official repo

I liked the notifications next to everyones avatar , I could see you were reviewing my reputaion, and later I could see you were looking at your subscriptions,.While I was looking at this thread from inside forum browser addon it said that I was in tapatalk forum ?.

Looking good so far, as you can see from the bottom of my log the wife wants to watch a film so im off for now

thanks for my reputaionBig Grin

atb

John