Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 19:36)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-20, 10:17)hasselhof Wrote: Just deleted a PM from xbmc.org, worked ok, but can it be refreshed to see it disappear instantly, instead of going out of PM's and back into PM's to see it disappear.
I was just looking (and tested) and it already does that. If it doesn't refresh on delete again, send me a log.

(2012-05-21, 00:09)hasselhof Wrote: can you make forum browser handle underlined text please ?
Not really. The best I could do is to fake it like _this_.

Hi mate
Underlining is no biggie, it's just on fullscreen posts it has [u /u]

I've sent myself a couple of private messagesSmile
The first one got a green confirmation window, so I clicked ok, then straight away a red box appeared "error getting posts" clicked ok and my pm appeared.
The second message got a green confirmation window only and appeared straight away Smile
I then deleted one of the PM's no problem, green confirmation window
I then deleted the second pm, I got a green window but message never disapeared, clicked refresh from context menu, it still never disappeared, I went out of pm's and back in again it then disappeared.

I think it would be better to have focus on the set title of pm straight away, as when I send a pm I get a message that i've forgot to title messageSmile

I will send you my log in a mo

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-21

Here is Screenshot

Here is Log

Cheers

Just noticed that in forum browser the above screenshot isn't showing, but in normal browser it shows. I posted the link differently this time, I gave the link a name via xbmc.org forum in normal browser.

Edit test

v0.9.48 RC6 - ruuk - 2012-05-22

Version 0.9.48 RC6

Changes:
- Removed 'Enable SSL' settings and SSL usage - I found it wasn't actually using an SSL connection, and when I fixed it found that none of the forums worked via SSL
- Experimental: Now handles Forums/Threads/Posts on IP.Board also added some generic forum type handling (still working on it).
- After editing a post from the posts view, returns focus to the same post after refresh. In full post view, re-opens the post after refresh.
- Improved error handling and error messages when viewing private messages

On my REPO.

Here's an update, though it looks like RC7 is guaranteed Smile

hasselhof: This may fix the issues you've been having.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-22

(2012-05-21, 21:14)hasselhof Wrote: Just noticed that in forum browser the above screenshot isn't showing, but in normal browser it shows. I posted the link differently this time, I gave the link a name via xbmc.org forum in normal browser.

This is now fixed and will be in the next update.
This is just a test
Underline test

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-22

Hi ruuk

Got update v0.9.48 rc6, thank you very much

had a real quick go before work

Edit post bug, by which you lose your subscription is back

I couldn't see your underlining, but I suspect you know that already

my new requested IP board WT.comSmile (Thank you for getting this to work)& vw vortex I think from memory, when viewing images in forum browser the images are very low qaulity
I did a test and saved a couple of random images via forum browser and saved the same images via normal browser, the quality was as follows

Forum browser 150x113 , normal browser 800x600
Forum browser 90x150 , normal browser 1952x3264

is there any way to retrieve the higher quality images ?

Thanks again for the update will test the PM later etc.

John.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-22

(2012-05-22, 07:39)hasselhof Wrote: Edit post bug, by which you lose your subscription is back
Do you ever edit from your phone? The bug is in the forum plugin, so it still will happen when using your phone because the phone app doesn't have a fix for it.

Edit: For instance I was just unsubscribed when editing this post from my phone.

If that's not the problem, the re-subscribe may fail if there is a connection error...

(2012-05-22, 14:46)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 07:39)hasselhof Wrote: Edit post bug, by which you lose your subscription is back
Do you ever edit from your phone? The bug is in the forum plugin, so it still will happen when using your phone because the phone app doesn't have a fix for it.

Edit: For instance I was just unsubscribed when editing this post from my phone.

If that's not the problem, the re-subscribe may fail if there is a connection error...

Hi ruuk yes I sometimes edit from my phone but I havn't recently
Im sure that xbmc.org had a bit of down time yesterday when I edited
my post,using forum browser. I believe there was a yellow message saying timeout, so it
could be me editing on my phone or website downtime. I will keep my eye out.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-22

(2012-05-22, 07:39)hasselhof Wrote: I couldn't see your underlining, but I suspect you know that already
You will only see it in your own posts (on tapatalk). I can get more formatting info for a users own posts with tapatalk by getting the message for edit. Other users posts have very little formatting. Just quote, link and image I think.
(2012-05-22, 07:39)hasselhof Wrote: Forum browser 150x113 , normal browser 800x600

Could you point me to the specific images, so I can test?

(2012-05-22, 19:38)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 07:39)hasselhof Wrote: I couldn't see your underlining, but I suspect you know that already
You will only see it in your own posts (on tapatalk). I can get more formatting info for a users own posts with tapatalk by getting the message for edit. Other users posts have very little formatting. Just quote, link and image I think.
(2012-05-22, 07:39)hasselhof Wrote: Forum browser 150x113 , normal browser 800x600

Could you point me to the specific images, so I can test?

Hi ruuk , sorry to mess you about, as I said this morning it was a quick test that I did, and VWVortex images are the same quality in forum browser as they are in normal browser it's just the experimental requested forum I asked for (WT.com) that is showing lower quality images, so I fully understand the situation with experimental stuff so don't worry about it.

Regarding the underlining, I can't see it in my own posts which I know have underlining.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-23

(2012-05-22, 21:12)hasselhof Wrote: Regarding the underlining, I can't see it in my own posts which I know have underlining.
What I mean is, the formatting codes are only in your own view. If you look at my posts, you won't see any [u] codes. The handling (such as it is) isn't there at all yet. Next release.

(2012-05-22, 21:12)hasselhof Wrote: it's just the experimental requested forum I asked for (WT.com) that is showing lower quality images

I'll keep it in mind for when it's no longer experimental Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-23

(2012-05-23, 00:29)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-22, 21:12)hasselhof Wrote: Regarding the underlining, I can't see it in my own posts which I know have underlining.
What I mean is, the formatting codes are only in your own view. If you look at my posts, you won't see any [u] codes. The handling (such as it is) isn't there at all yet. Next release.

(2012-05-22, 21:12)hasselhof Wrote: it's just the experimental requested forum I asked for (WT.com) that is showing lower quality images

I'll keep it in mind for when it's no longer experimental Smile

I see what you mean about the underlined [u u/] thats better

the pm's are acting as described yesterday in post 361

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-23, 07:09)hasselhof Wrote: the pm's are acting as described yesterday in post 361

For this problem, I need logs every time. I can't duplicate what you are describing. I did get a yellow error on the second pm I created, but that was because it was too soon after the first one and the error told me so. I waited the amount of time the error indicated and posted another pm and that worked fine.
Right now this is the only outstanding issue that needs fixing before release. Hopefully if you can get this to happen again and get me a new log, I can fix it Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 01:07)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-23, 07:09)hasselhof Wrote: the pm's are acting as described yesterday in post 361

For this problem, I need logs every time. I can't duplicate what you are describing. I did get a yellow error on the second pm I created, but that was because it was too soon after the first one and the error told me so. I waited the amount of time the error indicated and posted another pm and that worked fine.
Right now this is the only outstanding issue that needs fixing before release. Hopefully if you can get this to happen again and get me a new log, I can fix it Smile

hi ruuk
I will get you the logs, with my own pm's, could you send me a couple of pm's
to test with, to make the scenario real.Smile

Test for video - ruuk - 2012-05-25

Test youtube 1

Test youtube2

Edit: Both worked Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-25

Hi ruuk,

The glitch with the PM's I was seeing, is what you said it wasWink ie the xbmc.org forum in a browser has a time delay between posting pm's,
and also if you delete a PM there is a time delay before you can post another PM,
but it will let you delete as many PM on the trot as you like, so the yellow box "error getting posts" is an indication of the "wait a few seconds before posting again"

with the above in mind I went onto forum browser, I PM'd myself, got a green box ok, waited five minutes (it's far less waiting time I know), PM'd myself again got another green box ok. So that solved the glitch with the "error getting posts" message.IE wait a little in between posting. I suspect you may not have any control over the message, but it may be better to say "wait .....seconds before posting again"., instead of "error getting posts"

I had thirteen messages in my inbox, I deleted them all no problems until the last one, I got the green box "message deleted", but the last message stayed visable, I had to go out of PM's and back into PM's to see the last one disappear. I seem to remember you saying that your were going to fix that, so maybe it's in the next release.

So basically It seems to be ok.

What I did notice, (again if you have mentioned it in the todo list, or it can't be achieved just ignore), but I had 13 messages 5 unread 8 read forum browser said
13/13 , or is it supposed to be like that?

Anyway here is the log form my linux machine for all the above

Log
(2012-05-25, 16:42)ruuk Wrote: Test youtube 1

Test youtube2

Edit: Both worked Smile

I suspect that you have been watching Duran Duran via forum browser ? Big Grin