[RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)
v0.9.33 - ruuk - 2012-05-01 02:30
- On startup error, fix focus and hide activity icon
- Improved message dialogs (can show longer messages)
- Changed 'Setting' button to 'Options'
- New options menu with icons and descriptions
- Fixed default quote matching so forums that do not have them defined will still show quoting decently
- Added help option with forums window help which includes an option to view the changelog
- Added option in settings to cache logos locally to disk
- Subforums now display indented
On my REPO.
RE: v0.9.33 - hasselhof - 2012-05-01 13:51
(2012-05-01 02:30)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.33
Now that's a very good addition
the last couple of updates seem to be getting ever closer to the offial repo release
have you given much thought to the fanart for addon view and repo view,and a possible splash screen.
I will try your updates when im back from my holiday
Im struggling to get used to quoting with my android phone so sorry about the presentation of message.
v0.9.34 - ruuk - 2012-05-03 00:00
- Fix encoding error when formatting quotes
- Reverse boxee replies order to match the rest
- Use skin animation for activity indicator in dark skin
- Added help for threads window, subscriptions window, posts window, full message view window, message editor window and addon settings
- Now when 'Open Thread At Newest Post' is enabled, it will jump to the newest post. Previously it just opened to the page containing the post.
- Applied skin mod font to post editor
- Fixed some quote handling issues
- When selecting buttons on posts view, selected post now loses highlight to better show where the focus is
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple refreshes of the posts view (and perhaps others). This bug was also causing triple error messages.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong page to be displayed after following a post link form the post view
- Button in Private Messages window now says 'Send PM' instead of 'Post Reply'
- Moving off list in Message Editor now removes highlight to better show where the focus is
- Message editor no longer shows 'Add Line Before' and 'Delete' when there are no lines in the editor
On my REPO.
From now until main repo release I'm feature freezing development.
Please let me know of bugs or usability issues. You can request features, but I'll just add them to my long term list for now.
Presently I'll be working on cleaning up the code, optimizing some things and filling in the gaps of the forum interfaces so that things work as expected for each forum as best as possible.
Once that is done, some testing and then release.
RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-03 00:10
Thanks ruuk. Looks like there's been a lot of bug crunching going on. Nice one.
RE: v0.9.33 - ruuk - 2012-05-03 08:04
(2012-05-01 13:51)hasselhof Wrote: have you given much thought to the fanart for addon view and repo view,and a possible splash screen.
I have an idea about the fanart that incorporates some of the fanart you posted.
A splash screen is meant to show that a program is loading before the interface shows up. It's not really a useful thing for an XBMC addon because most of the initial load time is just python interpreter startup overhead, so the splash screen would just show up a half second before the addon.
RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-03 14:27
This is in color
RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-03 15:27
(2012-05-03 14:27)ruuk Wrote:
v0.9.35 - ruuk - 2012-05-04 18:27
- When selecting buttons on threads view, selected thread now loses highlight to better show where the focus is
- Moved all forumbrowser modules into one folder
- Forumrunner: Now handles announcements
- Choosing 'Go To Newest Post' from the page button menu now jumps to the new post when it goes to the newest page
- Tapatalk: Added code, php and color post tag processing
- Tapatalk: Optimization of message processing
- Better error messages
- Fixed a bug causing error after creating/editing a post
On my REPO.
Bunch of 'under the hood' changes. I've been breaking a lot of things and fixing them again
Posting this version because of the posting bug and because it's at a fairly stable point.
RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-04 22:27
I was sitting around playing with Tapatalk on my phone and noticed the latest threads tab (which has the most recently posted to threads). I could definitely add that. Of course, from that, I could then possibly get todays posts because they would be at the end of those threads. Of course that would take a lot of fetching.
It looks like in the future, tapatalk's api level 4 (it's level 3 on all forums now) search function might be able to to do it.
RE: v0.9.35 - hasselhof - 2012-05-04 23:20
(2012-05-04 18:27)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.35
I have to take my hat of to you,i've been looking through your google code page at all the items that go into forum browser and i'm well impressed.
I feel bad for all the requests that i've been asking for,I knew it was involved but not to what extent.
I just get the nice shiny product.I reallly apriciate all your hard work.
Update looks great thank you.
(2012-05-04 22:27)ruuk Wrote:
Most recently posted to threads will be great.