Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: v0.9.51 RC9 - ruuk - 2012-06-05

(2012-05-30, 23:53)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed on many releases but forgot to mention the top right stop button in forum browser,
on my tv looks better with the word stop in black, as opposed to the word stop being white
see Screenshot, it shows up the progress bar much better on Transparency skin
I randomly get the word stop in both black and white, mostly white, the black appears
when changing forums eg changing to xbmchub

Can you verify this is still the case. I've been using the Dark skin and watching and haven't seen it in white yet. Somewhere along the line I changed it to black everywhere and forgot about it Smile But let me know if you see it again.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-05, 22:34)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 14:52)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Is there a way of getting xbmc.log and a screenshot
from local machine to a viewable place on internet
via forum browser that you can think of

I've thought about seeing if I could make an option to send a log to pastebin (I'm pretty sure there is a pastebin addon/module I could use) and then share the link in a post.
Right now though, of course, you could just use the pastebin addon.

Also my X-Note addon will allow you to create notes in Evernote with the XBMC log and with screenshots. If you did that in a shared notebook I think that would come close to the result you are looking for. You would need to sign up for a free Evernote account of course. There would also be a bonus for me here as no one but me has tested that addon and given me any feedback Smile

On a somewhat related note I'm thinking of making a sort of clipboard functionality, so you could for instance copy a link, image url or message content from a post and paste it into another post (perhaps even on another forum) which leads me to another idea which would be to make a clipboard addon module that would allow addons that use it to share clipboard functionality between them. So for instance you could create a note in X-Note, copy the link to the note to the "clipboard", close X-Note, open Forum Browser and paste from the "clipboard" into a post. Of course, I really don't need to be writing another addon Smile

Will look into it Smile

(2012-06-05, 22:55)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-30, 23:53)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed on many releases but forgot to mention the top right stop button in forum browser,
on my tv looks better with the word stop in black, as opposed to the word stop being white
see Screenshot, it shows up the progress bar much better on Transparency skin
I randomly get the word stop in both black and white, mostly white, the black appears
when changing forums eg changing to xbmchub

Can you verify this is still the case. I've been using the Dark skin and watching and haven't seen it in white yet. Somewhere along the line I changed it to black everywhere and forgot about it Smile But let me know if you see it again.

Will keep my eye out.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-08

Hi ruuk,

Here are some screenshots of general browsing with forum browser with dark skin, when the word stop is white in colour

1 is clicking on "Change forum"
2 is clicking on "XBMC Announcements" ie first thread on XBMC.org
3 is clicking on "Front page news" thread in "Roobarb's Forum"

Hope this helps

John

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 17:53)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Here are some screenshots of general browsing with forum browser with dark skin, when the word stop is white in colour

Hope this helps

John
Does this happen every time? I can't get it to do the same, and the skin files show the color being set to black.
I'll have a new version up soon, let's see if it still does it when you update to that.

(2012-06-08, 19:05)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 17:53)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Hope this helps

John
Does this happen every time? I can't get it to do the same, and the skin files show the color being set to black.
I'll have a new version up soon, let's see if it still does it when you update to that.

yes its all the time , it's black for a milli second, when if you like taking the keypress then it changes to white on acting on the command

also iust noticed that in web viewer when viewing my last log from x-note, I can't scroll down the log with remote, come to think of it I've never been able to with remote, I can see the first portion of the log though, I will have to test with keyboard.

I can't scroll down the log with the keyboard either am I supposed too be able to ?

Test
http://www.evernote.com/pub/hasse.../x-note_test"_test_"

test

Hi ruuk,

I'm now able to create the xbmc.log & xbmc screenshot combined note, I then publish it ( I think that's what I'm supposed to do) Then it gave be a shortened url. (All of that was done in xbmc via x-note on windows at the moment) I then went to www.evernote.com, managed to get the correct link, wrote it down, and typed it into forum browser with the following "[url=" at the start and "]test[/url]" at the end

I was then presented with a web viewer screen with a comment see screenshot
I will add it in a mo with x-noteSmile

Hi ruuk ,

I'm getting confused where I'm posting between here and x-note threads lol

here is the screenshot but this is done in a browser, screenshot is on my webspace
not in x-note/forum browser, because when I'm currently posting it from forum browser, web viewer gives me the screenshot I've posted in this post, hope that makes sense

Hi ruuk

here is a log
for this screenshot on windows

that screenshot appears when I host my screenshot and log on evernote via x-note, the given url is typed into forum browser long hand Smile
and viewed in forum browser from the left hand menu while in full screen post view

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-08, 21:09)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

here is a log
for this screenshot on windows

that screenshot appears when I host my screenshot and log on evernote via x-note, the given url is typed into forum browser long hand Smile
and viewed in forum browser from the left hand menu while in full screen post view

Well, it looks like EVERNOTE isn't viewable via webviewer. I'll see about making forum browser open EVERNOTE links in x-note.

v0.9.52 RC10 - ruuk - 2012-06-09

Version 0.9.52 RC10

Changes:
- Improved thread termination
- Set focused color on stop button to possibly fix some issues with it changing to white on some skins

- Experimental:
- FluxBB: logins, view thread subscriptions
- MyBB: logins, view forum and thread subscriptions
- PhpBB: logins, view forum and thread subscriptions
- IPBoard: logins, view forum and thread subscriptions
- Generic: logins, view thread subscriptions
- Captcha handling
- Pre-forum-list login page handling
- Now handles <object> tags as links (mainly for embedded video)
- Better login handling
- New backend html parser based on html5lib (should now handle most html well)
- Cookies now saved to file so FB won't re-login if unnecessary
- Post context menu now has 'User Extra Info Option' for collected info not listed under username (info icon shows in user info area when available)
- Some colored text handling

On my REPO.
hasselhof: torrentday.com should work now with the captcha and everything. Let me know how it goes.
Oh, and you can view the extra info (uploaded, downloaded, ratio, etc) from the context menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-09

Hi ruuk,

A video to show me using Dark skin, changing from xbmchub to xbmc.org, clicking on a thread, clicking on a post
keep your eye on the stop button, it changes from black to white

seems I can't play these embedded video in FB

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-09

Hi ruuk,
what do you mean about "improved thread termination" is it that you can press stop from selecting a thread, and generally being able to press stop button

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-09

(2012-06-09, 10:37)hasselhof Wrote: A video to show me using Dark skin, changing from xbmchub to xbmc.org, clicking on a thread, clicking on a post
keep your eye on the stop button, it changes from black to white

seems I can't play these embedded video in FB

I think I've found the issue. I changed something for the forums view to see if it fixed the issue, and it looks like you no longer get the white text when changing forums. If I carry that change to the other views, I think we will be good.

I'll look at the embedded video issue. I think I know the problem.

(2012-06-09, 18:30)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,
what do you mean about "improved thread termination" is it that you can press stop from selecting a thread, and generally being able to press stop button

Well there are a few things.
1. I added some code to catch the stop button in some more places (within some loops).
2. The 'Parent Dir' action wasn't being caught correctly in some instances, so that the stop button seemed to work, but the background thread was never told to stop. I fixed that.
3. I made it able to actually kill the thread if it doesn't stop right away. Before, if it got stuck in an endless or long loop, when you exited, it would sit all day waiting for it to end. Of course it's best if I just avoid the endless loops Smile