Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-19

Well, I'm still not sure why some forums were added to the online DB with no names, but I added some code to the online DB that extracts the name from the url if it isn't there.
If anyone has any issues, let me know.
Who do I think I'm kidding. Hasselhof, if you have any issues let me know Smile

**ruuk listens to empty sounding echoes**

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 22:04)ruuk Wrote: Well, I'm still not sure why some forums were added to the online DB with no names, but I added some code to the online DB that extracts the name from the url if it isn't there.

I I I will will will let let let you you know know Big Grin

Hi ruuk

I've just checked my subscriptions and had two updates,
am I right in saying that the new updates should be bold and rise to the top of the list?
One of the subscription updates rose to the top of the list and was bold, and one was bold but about 6th in the list.

Thanks for the update v 1.0.4
Checked out the new PM exit feature, that's exactly what I was thinking, brilliant, send to the author works as does quote or not quote, and as soon as you've filled in a PM title and you back out of the PM window, the option comes up to ask if you are sure you want to exit Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-19

(2012-06-19, 23:23)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 22:04)ruuk Wrote: Well, I'm still not sure why some forums were added to the online DB with no names, but I added some code to the online DB that extracts the name from the url if it isn't there.

I I I will will will let let let you you know know Big Grin

Hi ruuk

I've just checked my subscriptions and had two updates,
am I right in saying that the new updates should be bold and rise to the top of the list?
One of the subscription updates rose to the top of the list and was bold, and one was bold but about 6th in the list.
Currently, subscriptions are listed in the order I get them. I'll add sorting by newest update to my todo list.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-19

Thanks for the update v 1.0.4, did some more testing Smile
Checked out the new PM exit feature, that's exactly what I was thinking, brilliant, send to the author works as does quote or not quote, and as soon as you've filled in a PM title and you back out of the PM window, the option comes up to ask if you are sure you want to exit Cool

Just added a new forum to the online database www.musicbanter.com , was able to choose a picture (albeit low quality, but good enough for an icon)
it scraped the description ok, When I was happy with the functionality I used the Add current forum to the online database, and it worked a treat Smile
It displays in the online list as musicbanter.com Smile and at the top of the active/selected forum it also shows as musicbanter.comSmile
so all hunky dory.

This is wicked that you can just add a forum and have full functionality.

Just noticed that the local list gives a Forum interface description, but the online database description doesn't have the forum interface description.
Just added another forum to the online database "muzicforums.com "as a double check and all is well.
The local list also displays the name of the forum without the www etc, looks a lot neater.
I was going to ask for a purge of local list feature, useful to get rid of the doulble entries that appear in my local list,
but maybe that should stop now the www etc have been taken off the descriptions.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-19, 23:52)hasselhof Wrote: I was going to ask for a purge of local list feature, useful to get rid of the doulble entries that appear in my local list,
but maybe that should stop now the www etc have been taken off the descriptions.
Yeah, that should be cleared up. I'd like to avoid any code that clears duplicates if possible, and just try to make FB not make them in the first place. Hopefully that's how it will work from now on Smile

I just got a pm from Abrasher, (i'm on my phone at the moment, camping in the olympic mountains, and can't remember his xbmchub name) and it looks like he's going ahead with getting Forum Browser represented there.

I suppose it will be nice to get it in the hands of more people, considering how much work i've put into it. The addon i've written that has the most users would have to be Facebook Media (Facebook says there are around 24,000 users who've activated it), but i've put many times more work into Forum Browser.

Well, I guess I'll get back to waiting for my wife and daughter to get out of the store while I sit and keep the dog company Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-21, 20:40)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-19, 23:52)hasselhof Wrote: I was going to ask for a purge of local list feature, useful to get rid of the doulble entries that appear in my local list,
Yeah, that should be cleared up. I'd like to avoid any code that clears duplicates if possible, and just try to make FB not make them in the first place. Hopefully that's how it will work from now on Smile

I just got a pm from Abrasher, (i'm on my phone at the moment, camping in the olympic mountains, and can't remember his xbmchub name) and it looks like he's going ahead with getting Forum Browser represented there.

I suppose it will be nice to get it in the hands of more people, considering how much work i've put into it. The addon i've written that has the most users would have to be Facebook Media (Facebook says there are around 24,000 users who've activated it), but i've put many times more work into Forum Browser.

Well, I guess I'll get back to waiting for my wife and daughter to get out of the store while I sit and keep the dog company Smile

Nice the olympic mountains, take a well earned break, enjoy yourselves.
The guy from xbmc.hub is umOuch[INKMD]

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-22

Hi ruuk,

I've just took a look at xbmchub's fusion easy addon installer, I don't know if your aware of it, but it's xbmchub's repo if you like
which you set up via file manager in xbmc, inside this is a new link to forum browser, but it is currently pointing to your older google code page
v 0.9.1.5. of forum browser. I've given umOuch[INKMD] a PM to point him to your repo, but I've also told him to ignore the PM
if that's what you had instructed him to do ie v 0.9.1.5. Smile. There currently is no more evidence of forum browser on xbmc.hub as of yet.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-22

(2012-06-22, 14:38)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

I've just took a look at xbmchub's fusion easy addon installer, I don't know if your aware of it, but it's xbmchub's repo if you like
which you set up via file manager in xbmc, inside this is a new link to forum browser, but it is currently pointing to your older google code page
v 0.9.1.5. of forum browser. I've given umOuch[INKMD] a PM to point him to your repo, but I've also told him to ignore the PM
if that's what you had instructed him to do ie v 0.9.1.5. Smile. There currently is no more evidence of forum browser on xbmc.hub as of yet.

I sent him a pm explaining what versions are where, so hopefully that helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-23

Hi ruuk

did you get your PM, or maybe you havn't time

John

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 15:51)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

did you get your PM, or maybe you havn't time

John

I'm at work. I'll get back to you when i'm home Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-23

Hi ruuk,

seems to be a problem with Boxee see log

Boxee in a browser works fine

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-23

(2012-06-23, 21:12)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

seems to be a problem with Boxee see log

Boxee in a browser works fine

Yeah, I caught that and fixed it recently. The fix will be in the next update.

v1.0.5 - ruuk - 2012-06-24

Version 1.0.5

Changes:
- Tapatalk: Thread subscriptions now sort with recently updated on top down to least recently updated on the bottom
- Fixed a bug causing errors with Boxee
- Removed "Send PM To ..." from Private Messages view, as it is already there in the form of Reply/Forward
- Updated the online help with new features and changes

On my REPO.

Just FYI, Forumrunner subscriptions were already were sorting properly.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-24

Hi ruuk
thanks for the update, all the help is ok.Smile
boxee seems to get to forums and log in ok but it wont read any threads(havn't got time for a log, going out for the day now)
also avatars in PM box is a bit strange, mine displays if I send myself a pm, but not in the sent to others

also the green light is on in some of your sent to me PM's & is not in other pm's that you have sent to me

ie my sent pm box on some of your sent to me pm's is telling me your online some are saying your offline, when actually according to the thread your offline.

log for boxee Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-24

Hi ruuk,

Done some more testing.

I've been through all the forums on the online database SmileAngel all 89 of them.
And I'd say about 12% of them are a little problematic, whether it be the forum is no longer available or Json errors etc.

Anyway here is a link with an individual log and screenshot of the errors
I think users are adding the forums to the online database without trialing them first, I wonder if the option to "Add to the online database" after a forum has been tapatalk & forumrunner verified could be removed and a confirmation/info message to add to online database once happy it's working, or do you think people wouldn't bother or remember to add to the online database with this method.

All the errors occur on changing to said forums and then them failing to load except the citybug.com error which is "bad boolean value" this one is from digging down to threads.
Something extra to get your teeth intoBig GrinConfused