Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: boxee seems to get to forums and log in ok but it wont read any threads(havn't got time for a log, going out for the day now)
Thanks for the log. Fixed the bug and found some others. The generic browser and the boxee browser share a lot of the same code, so some of my changes can affect boxee, which is what happened here.
(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: also avatars in PM box is a bit strange, mine displays if I send myself a pm, but not in the sent to others
If you'll notice, I have the user and avatar of who the PM is sent to. This is perhaps a little confusing if you compare it to the actual forum in a browser. There are two reasons why they are shown this way. One is that, without modification, the interface doesn't have any other place to put the 'to' user(s) and the second is that I didn't see a reason to show the name and avatar of the sender since you know your own name and what your avatar looks like Smile
What I think I'll do is ad "To: " before the name.
(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: also the green light is on in some of your sent to me PM's & is not in other pm's that you have sent to me

ie my sent pm box on some of your sent to me pm's is telling me your online some are saying your offline, when actually according to the thread your offline.
Yeah, for some reason the data that comes with the other boxes for online status is not correct. I thought I had accounted for that, but I guess not.
(2012-06-24, 18:37)hasselhof Wrote: Done some more testing.

I've been through all the forums on the online database SmileAngel all 89 of them.
eek
(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: And I'd say about 12% of them are a little problematic, whether it be the forum is no longer available or Json errors etc.
Which means 88% work. Woohoo, a passing grade! Smile
(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: Anyway here is a link with an individual log and screenshot of the errors
I think users are adding the forums to the online database without trialing them first, I wonder if the option to "Add to the online database" after a forum has been tapatalk & forumrunner verified could be removed and a confirmation/info message to add to online database once happy it's working, or do you think people wouldn't bother or remember to add to the online database with this method.

All the errors occur on changing to said forums and then them failing to load except the citybug.com error which is "bad boolean value" this one is from digging down to threads.
Something extra to get your teeth intoBig GrinConfused
Checked out the logs:

tibimate.li and capestowners.co.za: This showed I needed to handle some errors returned from the tapatalk plugin. I added that, and now it shows a message in spanish (same in both) which translates in Google as: "Remember, this forum is in 'Maintenance Mode'"

tapatalk.com is now support.tapatalk.com which is why it gives the moved permanently error. Perhaps I should handle this error with a message. Added to todo.

homebrewtalk.com, digital-forums.com: it appears they removed forumrunner or that the forumrunner plugin is broken on this site (there is still the mobile javascript in the page that tells your phone to use the app) but the plugin doesn't seem to be accessible. Added handling this sort of issue to the todo.

holidaytruths.co.uk: Like homebrewtalk, has the javascript but doesn't work. Shows in a search on my phone but doesn't work there either. Added a todo for handling the 'Not Found' error this generates. This is a 'contact the forum admin if this problem persists' type error.

avforums.com: no javascript on the page, but a search of the forum says they have forumrunner (well their own app based on forum runner) not sure the issue here. As with all these forums, they couldn't have been added unless there was a plugin responding at one point.

a4-freunde.com: looks like they switched to tapatalk. I should make a way to update the database when this is the case. Added to the todo.

debian.linux.pl: Was a bug with encoding (forumrunner). Fixed for next update.

citybugclub.nl: Works on phone. Have to look into it. Some sort of parsing error.

fss support forums: error is due to missing name. Aaarrrghh... with the missing names. I thought I fixed that. Maybe it slipped in after I edited the database but before I 'fixed' the bug. I'll edit the database, and let me know if you see any more show up without names.

v1.0.6 - ruuk - 2012-06-26

Version 1.0.6

Changes:
- Fixed some more bugs causing errors with boxee
- Tapatalk: Added handling for errors messages returned from the plugin (ie Forum is in maintenance mode)
- Forumrunner: Fixed encoding issue
- Added 'To:' in front of username when private messages are sent messages
- Tapatalk: Fixed bug with online status displaying incorrectly in other PM boxes/folders (sent?)
- Forumrunner: Added 'Contact admin if continues' message when failing to connect to plugin
- Tapatalk: Notify users on "Moved Permanently" errors that the forum may have moved
- Tatatalk & Forumrunner: Notify users on "404 Not Found" errors that the interface is removed, missing or moved etc
- Tatatalk & Forumrunner: Now in some instances, when forum interface is broken, FB can detect a change of interface (ie from Forumrunner to Tapatalk) and notify the user
- Forum lists are now sorted alphabetically (ie choose forum, remove forum, set logins)

On my REPO.

Also, the database will now replace forums that have changed type (ie from Forumrunner to Tapatalk) when a user adds it and it tests as valid.
The database will also not add a forum if there is not a least name, type and url set. This is more of a behind the scenes thing, but will prevent problems in the future. If you see "ERROR: One or more values empty" when adding a forum to the database, let me know with a log.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-26

Thanks for the update will check it out later Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-26

hasselhof: I figured out the last two forums with errors that you gave logs for.

makelaughlove.com: Requires login. Fixed. FB will now check for 'guest ok' and ask for login details if not set.

citybugclub.nl: Tapatalk plugin seems broken for this type of forum, but I made it work Smile

These fixes will be in the next update.

(2012-06-24, 21:46)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: boxee seems to get to forums and log in ok but it wont read any threads(havn't got time for a log, going out for the day now)
Thanks for the log. Fixed the bug and found some others. The generic browser and the boxee browser share a lot of the same code, so some of my changes can affect boxee, which is what happened here.

I'm betting that's a right pain to accommodate for

(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: also avatars in PM box is a bit strange, mine displays if I send myself a pm, but not in the sent to others
If you'll notice, I have the user and avatar of who the PM is sent to. This is perhaps a little confusing if you compare it to the actual forum in a browser. There are two reasons why they are shown this way. One is that, without modification, the interface doesn't have any other place to put the 'to' user(s) and the second is that I didn't see a reason to show the name and avatar of the sender since you know your own name and what your avatar looks like Smile
What I think I'll do is ad "To: " before the name.

That sounds like a good solution working great in V 1.0.6 much more understandable, good idea

(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: also the green light is on in some of your sent to me PM's & is not in other pm's that you have sent to me

ie my sent pm box on some of your sent to me pm's is telling me your online some are saying your offline, when actually according to the thread your offline.
Yeah, for some reason the data that comes with the other boxes for online status is not correct. I thought I had accounted for that, but I guess not.

Looks like it's all sorted in V 1.0.6 or maybe coincidence, all your sent to me PM's are lit up as if you are online, just checked and you areBig Grin

(2012-06-24, 18:37)hasselhof Wrote: Done some more testing.

I've been through all the forums on the online database SmileAngel all 89 of them.
eek

Yes eek, was very labour intensive, i had a glimpse of what it's like to be in your world for an hour & a half

(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: And I'd say about 12% of them are a little problematic, whether it be the forum is no longer available or Json errors etc.
Which means 88% work. Woohoo, a passing grade! Smile

Passed with flying colours if you ask me

(2012-06-24, 08:09)hasselhof Wrote: Anyway here is a link with an individual log and screenshot of the errors
I think users are adding the forums to the online database without trialing them first, I wonder if the option to "Add to the online database" after a forum has been tapatalk & forumrunner verified could be removed and a confirmation/info message to add to online database once happy it's working, or do you think people wouldn't bother or remember to add to the online database with this method.

All the errors occur on changing to said forums and then them failing to load except the citybug.com error which is "bad boolean value" this one is from digging down to threads.
Something extra to get your teeth into
Checked out the logs:

tibimate.li and capestowners.co.za: This showed I needed to handle some errors returned from the tapatalk plugin. I added that, and now it shows a message in spanish (same in both) which translates in Google as: "Remember, this forum is in 'Maintenance Mode'"

Yes Spanish message appeared in V1.0.6 somethimg to do with maintanance

tapatalk.com is now support.tapatalk.com which is why it gives the moved permanently error. Perhaps I should handle this error with a message. Added to todo.

support.tapatalk.com is working great in V1.0.6, this is very fast, well i suppose they are the bees knees. There is still an entry in the online database for "tapatalk.com

homebrewtalk.com, digital-forums.com: it appears they removed forumrunner or that the forumrunner plugin is broken on this site (there is still the mobile javascript in the page that tells your phone to use the app) but the plugin doesn't seem to be accessible. Added handling this sort of issue to the todo.

When I first tried this forum again I got a red box saying contact admin, I then readded the forum to the online database and it's working a treat now with V1.0.6

holidaytruths.co.uk: Like homebrewtalk, has the javascript but doesn't work. Shows in a search on my phone but doesn't work there either. Added a todo for handling the 'Not Found' error this generates. This is a 'contact the forum admin if this problem persists' type error.

Saw the contact admin, try in a browser, then re-add message, but still didn't work, It's on your todo list Smile

avforums.com: no javascript on the page, but a search of the forum says they have forumrunner (well their own app based on forum runner) not sure the issue here. As with all these forums, they couldn't have been added unless there was a plugin responding at one point.

Got a message to re add, try in a browser, Re-added now ok

a4-freunde.com: looks like they switched to tapatalk. I should make a way to update the database when this is the case. Added to the todo.

Got message to try in a browers etc, re added now ok , they changed to Tapatalk

debian.linux.pl: Was a bug with encoding (forumrunner). Fixed for next update.

Working great in V1.0.6

citybugclub.nl: Works on phone. Have to look into it. Some sort of parsing error.

Still bad boolean value

fss support forums: error is due to missing name. Aaarrrghh... with the missing names. I thought I fixed that. Maybe it slipped in after I edited the database but before I 'fixed' the bug. I'll edit the database, and let me know if you see any more show up without names.

a4-freunde.com, this one showed up without a name, when re-adding it to the online database

RE: v1.0.6 - hasselhof - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 07:09)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.6

Changes:
- Fixed some more bugs causing errors with boxee
- Tapatalk: Added handling for errors messages returned from the plugin (ie Forum is in maintenance mode)
- Forumrunner: Fixed encoding issue
- Added 'To:' in front of username when private messages are sent messages
- Tapatalk: Fixed bug with online status displaying incorrectly in other PM boxes/folders (sent?)
- Forumrunner: Added 'Contact admin if continues' message when failing to connect to plugin
- Tapatalk: Notify users on "Moved Permanently" errors that the forum may have moved
- Tatatalk & Forumrunner: Notify users on "404 Not Found" errors that the interface is removed, missing or moved etc
- Tatatalk & Forumrunner: Now in some instances, when forum interface is broken, FB can detect a change of interface (ie from Forumrunner to Tapatalk) and notify the user
- Forum lists are now sorted alphabetically (ie choose forum, remove forum, set logins)

On my REPO.

Also, the database will now replace forums that have changed type (ie from Forumrunner to Tapatalk) when a user adds it and it tests as valid.
The database will also not add a forum if there is not a least name, type and url set. This is more of a behind the scenes thing, but will prevent problems in the future. If you see "ERROR: One or more values empty" when adding a forum to the database, let me know with a log.

Thanks for another brilliant update.
Boxee is working great now
Can see the extra messages you've added
As stated previously the To in sent Pm's is much better
Not seen any errors as of yet.

The online database is getting very hard to see what's what, although it's better now it's chronologically ordered.
To get them into categories maybe, there could be a extra question, say for eg "Is the forum car related" or music related etc, I don't have a clue how hard that would be for you, but as I say it's getting harder to choose something that your intrested in, now there are more forums being added.

I like the message in the support.tapatalk.com forum that states how log a user has been in the thread, but thinking about it, it's not all that useful really, and just extra work for you.

Had a quick look at makemelaugh.com got a yellow window see link
By the way umoch at xbmc.hub, hasn't been very well so I'm waiting for him to get back to me Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-24, 18:37)hasselhof Wrote: There is still an entry in the online database for "tapatalk.com
Now removed.
(2012-06-24, 18:37)hasselhof Wrote: Saw the contact admin, try in a browser, then re-add message, but still didn't work, It's on your todo list Smile
Well, the message was the fix. I changed it to say try to try in browser, re-add and contact admin if it still doesn't work. In this case it's not going to work when re-adding it. It's just broken on the forum's end. Change is in the next update.
(2012-06-24, 18:37)hasselhof Wrote: Still bad boolean value
That's fixed in the next update.
(2012-06-24, 18:37)hasselhof Wrote: a4-freunde.com, this one showed up without a name, when re-adding it to the online database
Well, all the entries in the db have names currently. When did that happen, after I asked to watch for that or before? If after, are you saying it had no name locally?

ignore a4-fruende that was my mistake.

RE: v1.0.6 - ruuk - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 21:30)hasselhof Wrote: The online database is getting very hard to see what's what, although it's better now it's chronologically ordered.
To get them into categories maybe, there could be a extra question, say for eg "Is the forum car related" or music related etc, I don't have a clue how hard that would be for you, but as I say it's getting harder to choose something that your intrested in, now there are more forums being added.
Yeah, the list is getting big. I'll do something eventually, but it's not an easy thing. For one thing I have to use PHP and MySQL and I'm not an expert with those (though I may be by the time I'm done messing with the DB). The other is that it involves some non-minor changes in the DB, the DB code and in FB itself to make all that happen. My plan is to get the generic browser out of being experimental and then I will mess with improving the DB stuff.
(2012-06-26, 21:30)hasselhof Wrote: I like the message in the support.tapatalk.com forum that states how log a user has been in the thread, but thinking about it, it's not all that useful really, and just extra work for you.
Not sure what you're refrering to there... your seeing this in what context?

Edit: I think I know what you are talking about now. I can add this perhaps. Added to the todo.
(2012-06-26, 21:30)hasselhof Wrote: Had a quick look at makemelaugh.com got a yellow window see link
Next update. So it wouldn't work for you yet Smile
(2012-06-26, 21:30)hasselhof Wrote: By the way umoch at xbmc.hub, hasn't been very well so I'm waiting for him to get back to me Smile
Yeah, he pm'd me as well and mentioned he was unwell.

v1.0.7 - ruuk - 2012-06-27

Version 1.0.7

Changes:
- Tapatalk: "Get Online Users" availability is now checked in the initial forum config info
- Tapatalk: Now checks if guest is ok before displaying forums, and if not, and no login details are set, asks if you want to set them now
- Tapatalk: Fix for 'Simple Machines Forum' forums giving 'bad boolean error' value and not showing thread authors
- Added activity splash when getting online users list
- Added context menu to 'Online Users' list with option to PM selected user and an option to view user info
- Online users now sorted alphabetically
- Show how long ago users activity was in posts list
- Show extra info in posts list context menu for tapatalk forums (works for some forums, such as xbmchub.com)

On my REPO.

hasselhof: Tell me what you think of the new current activity display in posts. Especially, let me know if the times are accurate.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-28

Thanks for the update some of the additions sound great will try to check them out later.

RE: v1.0.7 - hasselhof - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-27, 20:54)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.7

Changes:
- Tapatalk: "Get Online Users" availability is now checked in the initial forum config info
- Tapatalk: Now checks if guest is ok before displaying forums, and if not, and no login details are set, asks if you want to set them now
- Tapatalk: Fix for 'Simple Machines Forum' forums giving 'bad boolean error' value and not showing thread authors
- Added activity splash when getting online users list
- Added context menu to 'Online Users' list with option to PM selected user and an option to view user info
- Online users now sorted alphabetically
- Show how long ago users activity was in posts list
- Show extra info in posts list context menu for tapatalk forums (works for some forums, such as xbmchub.com)

On my REPO.

hasselhof: Tell me what you think of the new current activity display in posts. Especially, let me know if the times are accurate.

Thanks for the updateSmile

Did some more testing

Went onto makelaughlove.com & FB told me about guest account not ok, & asked me to log in, that's brilliant this will solve a lot of problems well done.
citybugclub no longer displays the boolean message, it's working a treat, nice one.
Getting online users activity splash was needed and works a treatSmile
The context menu added to the online users window, with the options to PM & view user info is a great idea and works brilliantly. XBMchub admin havn't turned this feature on as you may already know.
Online user list is a lot better alphabetically.
The show extra info works nicely on XBMChub.

The current activity display in posts feature is a definite plus for FB, my usage so far is positive, everyone who is online has a time online next to there name, but obviously I don't know how long they have been online I can only assume this is correct.Maybe we can do a test between us what do you suggest Smile
My activity display is saying "In Tapatalk - 1s ago", when I first go into posts, then approximately 1 min later I click refresh and then I see "In Tapatalk - ago"
with no time info.I can sit in Tapatalk for x amount of minutes click refresh and it still says "In Tapatalk - ago" with no time info.I notice your time increasing in Tapatalk, then when you went into PM's to reply to me your PM time was 1 min etc, then when you went in Tapatalk it reset to 1m 2m in Tapatalk etc Smile
So to conclude your time and others online was increasing when clicking refresh, my time initially was 1 sec when first went to posts, then the activity display went to "-ago" and never increased or displayed a time in Tapatalk. Hope this make sense, here is some screenshots

Nice update, again thanks a lot Smile

RE: v1.0.7 - ruuk - 2012-06-28

(2012-06-28, 19:45)hasselhof Wrote: The current activity display in posts feature is a definite plus for FB, my usage so far is positive, everyone who is online has a time online next to there name, but obviously I don't know how long they have been online I can only assume this is correct.Maybe we can do a test between us what do you suggest Smile
My activity display is saying "In Tapatalk - 1s ago", when I first go into posts, then approximately 1 min later I click refresh and then I see "In Tapatalk - ago"
with no time info.I can sit in Tapatalk for x amount of minutes click refresh and it still says "In Tapatalk - ago" with no time info.I notice your time increasing in Tapatalk, then when you went into PM's to reply to me your PM time was 1 min etc, then when you went in Tapatalk it reset to 1m 2m in Tapatalk etc Smile
So to conclude your time and others online was increasing when clicking refresh, my time initially was 1 sec when first went to posts, then the activity display went to "-ago" and never increased or displayed a time in Tapatalk. Hope this make sense, here is some screenshots

As far as accuracy, I just needed to know if they were obviously wrong. For instance 1 hour ago. Your results sound more accurate than mine. I never get less the 1 minute. These are only going to be as accurate as the difference between the forum's clock and the clock in your computer. What I was concerned about was issues with timezones or daylight savings (which I'll really need to test when we set our clocks back again over here later in the year)
In any case it seems like it's working as intended, other than the blank number which I'm sure is because it is less than 1 second. I'll fix that.

v1.0.8 - ruuk - 2012-07-01

Version 1.0.8

Changes:
- Tapatalk: Signatures will now show in posts when available (ie xbmchub.com)
- Added settings option 'Hide Signatures In Posts'
- Made user info windows scrollable
- Tapatalk: How long ago on activity now shows 0s ago when less than one second ago
- Improved logo detecting when adding a forum
- Removed Parser Browser from experimental and integrated it into normal 'Add Forum' process
- Removed Boxee from the included forums and added it to the online database
- Removed old VBulletin parserbrowser code
-
- Experimental:
-- FB now passes the web session to WebViewer preserving logged in status and such
-- Fix for relative URLs in posts not passing properly to WebViewer
-- VBulletin: Full post formatting, PM create/delete and subscribe/unSubscribe threads/forums
-- Fix for over-eager error message detection after creating a post

On my REPO.

As you can see I moved the exprimental Parser Browser into the main 'Add A Forum' flow. You will likely need to set your login info again when re-adding these forums.
There is still a lot of work to be done for this, especially with informing the user of the caveats that may come when using the parser browser.
This is just the first step.

VBulletin forums should now work pretty well. I got Boxee (and hence other VBulletin forums) to work basically the same as before but with the new Parser Browser. My limited tests with other VBulletin forums seemed to work well also.

This nice thing is, now when you 'Add A Forum', it will most likely succeed Smile (As long as the URL is correct Smile )

Speaking of URLs, you can often get away with entering something like forum.xfce.org, but especially with the Parser Browser, you may need the full URL to the forums page (ie http://some.forum.com/forum/forums.php)

v1.0.8 - hasselhof - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 22:38)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.8

Changes:
- Tapatalk: Signatures will now show in posts when available (ie xbmchub.com)
- Added settings option 'Hide Signatures In Posts'
- Made user info windows scrollable
- Tapatalk: How long ago on activity now shows 0s ago when less than one second ago
- Improved logo detecting when adding a forum
- Removed Parser Browser from experimental and integrated it into normal 'Add Forum' process
- Removed Boxee from the included forums and added it to the online database
- Removed old VBulletin parserbrowser code
-
- Experimental:
-- FB now passes the web session to WebViewer preserving logged in status and such
-- Fix for relative URLs in posts not passing properly to WebViewer
-- VBulletin: Full post formatting, PM create/delete and subscribe/unSubscribe threads/forums
-- Fix for over-eager error message detection after creating a post

On my REPO.

As you can see I moved the exprimental Parser Browser into the main 'Add A Forum' flow. You will likely need to set your login info again when re-adding these forums.
There is still a lot of work to be done for this, especially with informing the user of the caveats that may come when using the parser browser.
This is just the first step.

VBulletin forums should now work pretty well. I got Boxee (and hence other VBulletin forums) to work basically the same as before but with the new Parser Browser. My limited tests with other VBulletin forums seemed to work well also.

This nice thing is, now when you 'Add A Forum', it will most likely succeed Smile (As long as the URL is correct Smile )

Speaking of URLs, you can often get away with entering something like forum.xfce.org, but especially with the Parser Browser, you may need the full URL to the forums page (ie http://some.forum.com/forum/forums.php)

Thanks ruuk sounds great will check it out in coming days Smile