Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-09, 05:00)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-07-08, 17:14)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

what do you think to the idea of a popup for a new post to the users subscribed threads, even without FB running. Would this need to be a service?.
With maybe an option to turn of alerts when video is playing, then to show alerts when video is finished

I've actually thought of this before (as well as for PM's)
I've also had the idea for global bookmarks for forums/threads/posts (ie you select the bookmark and it changes to that forum and goes to the bookmarked resource)
Also the possibility of an address book/friends list type thing where for instance I could have some random user, say hasslehof, and all his aliases for different forums linked together and I could send pm's to one of those aliases without changing forums.
Also with the address book idea, an option to highlight posts for that user when browsing various forums.

There are a lot of possibilities that arise when you bring a bunch of forums together in one app. I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of. Eventually I'll start adding this sort of thing when I feel like what's currently there is in a good place.

And yes, I would need to create a separate service addon (and that could be required, and hence auto installed)

BTW, I didn't miss your previous post, but I'll have to answer that later when I have more time Smile

I seem to remember you mentioning it before some time back.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-11

Hi ruuk,

Thanks for the update

Have done some more testing

The question about "Does this forum require a login is worded better now thanks.

A fully supported Tapatalk forum now adds to the online database fine using the "Add current forum to online database" option
But a previously experimental forum adds to local database fine, but when offered to online database it says "Forum not found or compatible" see logs for moneysupermarket retrogamer webuser
and see screenshot of message for all three Smile

"Add current forum to the online database" which is already in the online database, tells me that it is already there, it's now working ok, I also tried to add a forum to a wrong topic folder and it still told me it was already in the online database Smile which is all good.

Here is a log of me sitting in Tapatalk idle for ten minutes with "1sec" visable, then I click refresh after the 10 mins and it still says "1 sec" I'm not sure this log is all that useful for you.

when adding http://recipehelpers.com/forum/ it finds it ok with green box, allows description, and icon, but then when you select it from local database you get an error message see log & screenshot.

Xbmchub has been quite busy but no questions yet FB at XBMCHUB maybe everything is in the description Smile

Thanks again for update

over and out. Smile

John.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-11

(2012-07-11, 00:07)hasselhof Wrote: But a previously experimental forum adds to local database fine, but when offered to online database it says "Forum not found or compatible" see logs for moneysupermarket retrogamer webuser
and see screenshot of message for all three Smile
You're not supposed to be able to add Parser Browser forums yet. I need to work out how I'm going to handle it. In the next update, I've made it so that option is disabled for those forums.
(2012-07-11, 00:07)hasselhof Wrote: Here is a log of me sitting in Tapatalk idle for ten minutes with "1sec" visable, then I click refresh after the 10 mins and it still says "1 sec" I'm not sure this log is all that useful for you.
So you weren't able to get the 'ago' without a seconds number again? If you do, that's when I need a log.
The time that it reports is the last time you interacted with the forum, so anything you do will show you with a very low seconds count. Only other users will have longer times.
(2012-07-11, 00:07)hasselhof Wrote: when adding http://recipehelpers.com/forum/ it finds it ok with green box, allows description, and icon, but then when you select it from local database you get an error message see log & screenshot.
That forum has links for the forums (to explain - I tried it on the Forumrunner android app, and when I click a forum, it opens the browser to the appropriate page on the forum)
This was causing the errors because it was returning a web page instead of a JSON object.
The next update will display the forums correctly and open WebViewer when those types of forums are clicked in the list.
(2012-07-11, 00:07)hasselhof Wrote: Xbmchub has been quite busy but no questions yet FB at XBMCHUB maybe everything is in the description Smile
Or you're the only one using Forum Browser... it's sure quiet in this thread as well... **cricket chirps** ... Smile
Either that or there's a horde of lurkers Smile

Oh yeah - enjoy your holiday. And as a bonus for a job well done, I'll keep your wages at the usual rate while you're gone.
Version 1.0.12

Changes:
- Opening a forum subscription now leaves the subscriptions window open (so when closing the forum's threads window it returns to the subscriptions list)
- Added settings option 'Always Show OK Button In Message Dialogs'
- Multiple fast button presses will no longer trigger multiple quit confirmation dialogs
- Improved smiley formatting - now ignores smiley text not preceded by whitespace -example "promptSadname)" used to trigger a smiley
- Added more smiley handling (phpbb)
- Forumrunner: Fix for forums where the listed forums are links - now opens the link in WebViewer when the forum is selected
- Improved page info fetching when adding a forum by changing the reported user-agent (browser type)
- Added the ability to disable items in options menus
- 'Add Current Forum To Online Database' now disabled in the options menu. (For Now)

On my REPO.

promt:post

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-11

interestingly the example from my last post triggered a smiley on the Android app.

+1 to Forum Browser Smile

(2012-07-11, 19:08)ruuk Wrote: interestingly the example from my last post triggered a smiley on the Android app.

+1 to Forum Browser Smile

Your programming skills are a cut aboveSmile

Forum subscription now falls back to subscription index page thank you.

The "OK" on windows option works a treat thank you.

Exiting forum browser with long press no longer gives you multiple quit confirmation dialogs thank you.

Smiley with no white space ie promt:post works a treat from forum browser as you saw.

Can't see an option to disable items, i'm going blind I tell you.

recpehelpers.com does nothing on clicking anything see log
what I did was click every forum.

I haven't added a forum to the online database to try Improved page info fetching yet but I will, it's my bro's 40th today so I'm off to see him

Thanks for your time & effort.

(2012-07-11, 19:28)hasselhof Wrote: Can't see an option to disable items, i'm going blind I tell you.
It's not an option, it's a change I made to the options menu code to allow options to be disabled, so that I could make items disabled (specifically so that Parser Browser forums would have the "Add Current Forum To DB" option disabled, but I may in the future use it elsewhere)
Disabling in this instance is better than just not showing the option, as it shows that the option is normally available, just not in this case.
(2012-07-11, 19:28)hasselhof Wrote: recpehelpers.com does nothing on clicking anything see log
what I did was click every forum.
WebViewer needs to be updated, which is probably my fault. The version on the repo probably needs to be updated because I made a change that Forum Browser uses.
(2012-07-11, 19:28)hasselhof Wrote: I haven't added a forum to the online database to try Improved page info fetching yet but I will, it's my bro's 40th today so I'm off to see him
This will affect some forums where no description and no image were being found because FB was being denied due to the reported browser type.

WebViewer updated on my repo.
This will fix errors when FB opens WebViewer.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-20

posting from forum browser via XBMC running on my android Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-20

(2012-07-20, 18:06)ruuk Wrote: posting from forum browser via XBMC running on my android Smile
hi ruuk hope your well Smile
Would that be the new Android phone version of XBMC
using forum browser if so thats cool ,have you used it much ? Does it squish you battery ?.Also noticed my location next to my avatar is that a new Tapatalk plugin that xbmc.org are using do you know?

(2012-07-20, 19:40)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-07-20, 18:06)ruuk Wrote: posting from forum browser via XBMC running on my android Smile
hi ruuk hope your well Smile
Would that be the new Android phone version of XBMC
using forum browser if so thats cool ,have you used it much ? Does it squish you battery ?.Also noticed my location next to my avatar is that a new Tapatalk plugin that xbmc.org are using do you know?
Well, it's some version I got off the xda-developers forum that I searched around for after the announcement that it was in moving along in development. On may Samsung Galaxy II it worked very well. I looked great and navigated well. I only tested playing some video from youtube - which was slow, but that may have been network related. I know the video is via a software renderer at this point so I'm not expecting much anyway. I installed FB from the main repo easily, and it looked and worked basically the same as on my computer. The skin mod failed, but I expected that. The interface worked but is pretty terrible for touch screen of course. When this is ready for the android market, I'll probably make a touch specific skin. I'll finally be able to make this more iPad friendly now. I don't own (or intend to own) an iPad and when people have asked for me to make the interface more iPad friendly (for various of my addons), I've been basically unable to help. Having XBMC on android will finally allow me to tailor skins for a touch interface.
I've really only just installed it and spent very little time with it so I don't know about how it affects battery life.
So far I have been impressed with how well it works (it is better than I expected at this stage).

Where are you seeing your location? In FB or the phone app...?

I just added a windows share on XBMC Android and played some video. SD played fine, and 720p played fairly well with some dropped frames.
(2012-07-20, 19:40)hasselhof Wrote: Also noticed my location next to my avatar is that a new Tapatalk plugin that xbmc.org are using do you know?

I just noticed the location next to may avatar in my web browser. That must be what you mean. That would just be something they enabled in the MyBB config. It won't make it any more accessible to FB or the phone app.

Here's a little preview of something I've been working on Smile

v1.0.13 - ruuk - 2012-07-22

Version 1.0.13

Changes:
- Now requires WebViewer 0.9.1 or greater
- Updated help
- ParserBrowser: Added handling for forum type SMF (Simple Machines Forum) (Currently very basic with page handling - readonly)
- ParserBrowser: Added handling for Gender stat in posts (Shows in extra info)
- Now handles image URLs with '/../../../' or similar in them in posts and when getting a logo when adding a forum
- Added settings option 'Parser Browser: Ignore Forum Images' - when enabled it will filter out images hosted on the forum (ie smileys and arrows and stuff)
- Added the ability to set a theme (just 'header' color for now) for the forums display with a new color dialog (options menu)
- Added the ability to share current forum theme to the online database (options menu)
- Online database now replaces existing forum details instead of reporting that it already exists
- Online database now pointing to domain 2ndmind.tk (with new hosting) until I can get my crappy registrar (also provider of my crappy old hosting) to answer my emails, chats or phone calls

On my REPO.