Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-23

Thanks ruuk themes look cool, you've been working hard thanks again speak to you soonBig Grin

v1.0.14 - ruuk - 2012-07-24

Version 1.0.14

Changes:
- Online database now points to 2ndmind.com (got my domains and new hosting all set up)
- Added the ability to share Parser Browser forums to the online database (with required simple rating system)
- Improved the forum selection dialog with interface icons, and rating icons for Parser Browser forums when adding from online)
- Parser Browser: Fixed a recently created bug where some [url] tag artifacts were remaining in posts
- Adding a forum to the online database now includes theme data
- When adding a forum already in the online database, the dialog now shows that it exists and was updated
- No longer asks for description and logo when adding the current forum to the online database

On my REPO.

v1.0.15 - ruuk - 2012-07-24

Version 1.0.15

Changes:
- Fixes a bug created with the last version that caused forums to be added/updated with a null URL

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-29

Hi ruuk,

Done some testing using version 1.0.15

Web viewer updated to 0.9.1 ok.

Help section looks great.

Getting logo's gives only the higher quality available images, with the ignore forum images in posts switched on, great idea

Setting heading colour is easy I like the mixer pallet.
Are you in the process of creating the online theme database selection if there are more than one ?
The VW Vortex theme that someone had created online, I was able to overwrite it with my theme, but their theme had disappeared

Being able to update an existing online database forum is an excellent feature.

Thanks for using your 2ndmind.com for databases

Parser browser simple rating system works ok when adding to online database.

There's a definite improvement in forum selection dialog & icons for parser browser forums.

Dialogs appear at the correct times when you req them for example "The forum exists, but was updated", it's like you've become one with FB Smile

Maybe a more flexable icon selection, say also using Google images to get the logo's ?

Could the main header logos have a smoother edge to them, so they don't appear to sharp edged, see VW Vortex icon ?.

Thanks for the continued support & updates

Well done on your suggestion in the XBMChub Tapatlak thread, about the popup, which kept XBMChub working with FB Smile

John.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-29

(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Getting logo's gives only the higher quality available images, with the ignore forum images in posts switched on, great idea
Actually that setting is for posts and should have no effect when getting logos.
In the Parser Browser, it's hard to distinguish post images from smilies and such. This option removes images that have the forum's URL path in them so that they don't clutter up the post display. There is the danger that this could remove images that are supposed to be part of the post (especially if the forum allows uploading images) which is why I made removing them optional.
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Setting heading colour is easy I like the mixer pallet.
It took a bit of work designing it, which is one of the reasons I hadn't done theming before now - because I knew I'd have to do all the work to make a color chooser.
By the way, before you ask - yes I will be extending the theme to the other views Smile
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Are you in the process of creating the online theme database selection if there are more than one ?
The VW Vortex theme that someone had created online, I was able to overwrite it with my theme, but their theme had disappeared
I plan to but haven't started anything yet. Everything with the database has a number of issues to consider because anyone can modify it. For example, if I make it so there can be multiple themes, I probably have to limit the number that can be added, which means that I have to decide either to overwrite an existing theme when a the limit is reached or ignore new themes. I also have to create some way of choosing a theme. I have to decide if it should ask when they add the forum to choose a theme, or make it a later option.
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Being able to update an existing online database forum is an excellent feature.
It should help reduce dead forum and logo URLs. One of the forums you mentioned not working a while back started working again when I re-added it in FB. Updating the database allows that fix to be passed on.
Of course if there is a great logo in the database, anyone can change it to a stupid one Smile
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Thanks for using your 2ndmind.com for databases
I'm just glad to have my hosting sorted out. My old hosting was going downhill. It took me over a week just to get in touch with someone there to ask a question.
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Maybe a more flexable icon selection, say also using Google images to get the logo's ?
I've thought of that (as you know I already have a Google Images plugin so I have most of the code already) and the main issue I need to consider is the fact that I can't trust the image URLs I get from google to be stable (not that the ones from the forum are guaranteed to keep working either). I was thinking of making it so that you could use Google Images, but only for your locally viewable logo.
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Could the main header logos have a smoother edge to them, so they don't appear to sharp edged, see VW Vortex icon ?.
Smoothing the edges runs the risk of fading out an important part of the logo. I could make it optional, but then I'd have to save another piece of data for the forum. And for the database. And if there are multiple themes, I need to have the option for each theme. Perhaps I could have a faded border. But then you'd have to set a separate color for that, and that wouldn't help with logos that have background gradients, which fading the actual logo would. Hmm...
(2012-07-29, 14:30)hasselhof Wrote: Well done on your suggestion in the XBMChub Tapatlak thread, about the popup, which kept XBMChub working with FB Smile
Well, the whole section on the forum for FB would have been kinda silly if it didn't work with the forum Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-29

Speaking of VWVortex, I looked at the site and noticed that they changed the logo. I went to re-add it and the logo didn't show up in the list. I found the issue so now logo parsing will be better (on the next release.
In any case, the logo and theme are now changed on the ODB.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-31

I'm on a plane headed to Alaska. I may be out of touch for the next seven days Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 21:04)ruuk Wrote: I'm on a plane headed to Alaska. I may be out of touch for the next seven days Smile

Enjoy your holidays

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 21:33)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 21:04)ruuk Wrote: I'm on a plane headed to Alaska. I may be out of touch for the next seven days Smile

Enjoy your holidays

thanks, i intend to Smile
i just landed in Ketchikan.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-08-08

I'm back from vacation. I saw many bears and totem poles Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-08, 21:38)ruuk Wrote: I'm back from vacation. I saw many bears and totem poles Smile

Welcome back Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-08-08

Web viewer seems to be problematic in so much as links to peoples XBMC logs @ XBMC.org. are not being processed.Also images on WT.com dont seem to be being processed from the left menu higher quality images . Posting from FB so logs will follow Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-08-09

Hi ruuk

sorry about the delay

WT.com log

Clicking on many of the higher quality images from the left side menu

Trying to read a paste binned log from XBMC.org

Clicking on a couple of pastebin logs from a user in xbmc.org

v1.0.16 - ruuk - 2012-08-10

Version 1.0.16

Changes:
- More improvements to image parsing for logo chooser
- Improved dark background color detection (for switching header text to white)
- Fixed a skin bug where the '#' character was showing as '&35;'
- Fixed a bug causing errors when opening links in WebViewer
- Now properly translates '&' to '&' in links

On my REPO.
(2012-08-08, 23:46)hasselhof Wrote: Web viewer seems to be problematic in so much as links to peoples XBMC logs @ XBMC.org. are not being processed.Also images on WT.com dont seem to be being processed from the left menu higher quality images . Posting from FB so logs will follow Smile

Thanks for the logs. Both problems were actually in Forum Browser. Should now be fixed in the above update.

RE: v1.0.16 - hasselhof - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-10, 21:20)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.16

Changes:
- More improvements to image parsing for logo chooser
- Improved dark background color detection (for switching header text to white)
- Fixed a skin bug where the '#' character was showing as '&35;'
- Fixed a bug causing errors when opening links in WebViewer
- Now properly translates '&' to '&' in links

On my REPO.
(2012-08-08, 23:46)hasselhof Wrote: Web viewer seems to be problematic in so much as links to peoples XBMC logs @ XBMC.org. are not being processed.Also images on WT.com dont seem to be being processed from the left menu higher quality images . Posting from FB so logs will follow Smile

Thanks for the logs. Both problems were actually in Forum Browser. Should now be fixed in the above update.

Thanks for the update

Both problems are now sorted Smile thank you.

The Improved dark background colour detection (for switching header text to white) is working great.

In the online database there are two entries for xbmc4xbox could you please remove the xbmc4xbox.org & keep the xbmc4xbox.org.uk xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum.
I couldn't get a good icon for xbmc4xbox could you swap the icon from the .org to the .org.uk.
When I tried to readd to update the icon FB didn't give a suitable icon, do you maybe still plan on using your Google app with FB ?

Could you also possibly change the Forum section in the online database from Food & Dining to Food Drink & Dining ?, as I've added a couple of Whisky forums in there, they just seem to fit together Food & Drink.

When do you think you will push an updated version to the xbmc.org repo ?.