Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 21:06)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Krankie882 has a dependencies not met problem, but no log, take a look if you get time

Link

Thanks for letting me know. I was subscribed the the Forum Browser thread and not the forum. I've fixed that Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-27, 23:39)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 21:06)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Krankie882 has a dependencies not met problem, but no log, take a look if you get time

Link

Thanks for letting me know. I was subscribed the the Forum Browser thread and not the forum. I've fixed that Smile

Nice one , thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - dj_gerbil - 2012-08-28

Hey Ruuk, not really FB related but which version of XBMC for droid are you using? I've tried a couple I've found but they don't seem to like my tablet Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 11:49)dj_gerbil Wrote: Hey Ruuk, not really FB related but which version of XBMC for droid are you using? I've tried a couple I've found but they don't seem to like my tablet Sad

Version dated: 20120714

Got it from this link: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/07/15/pre-built-xbmc-apk-is-available-heres-what-it-looks-like-running-on-a-nexus-q/

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-28, 11:49)dj_gerbil Wrote: Hey Ruuk, not really FB related but which version of XBMC for droid are you using? I've tried a couple I've found but they don't seem to like my tablet Sad

Have you seen this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1813089

There are nightly builds here for both neon enabled and non neon devices (ie Tegra 2). Apparently only neon devices are officially supported by the XBMC team. It appears that these builds have unsupported changes (whatever that really means Smile ) but I get the impression between the two versions there a person may have a better chance of getting it working.
Don't quote me on any of that, as this is just what I gathered from that page with out checking out anything Smile

UPDATE: The neon build from this link seems to work the same for me as my previous install. One interesting thing I noticed on both versions is that the audio stutters if the volume is not on full. Go figure.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-08-30

Some updates:
Current versions of Forum Browser and WebViewer are accepted on the main repo.
Just FYI, Forum Browser v1.1.0 is now also on my repo. I was updating my X-Note addon, so I updated Forum Browser as well. It's just a version change, so nothing to report.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-08-31

Hi ruuk,

When looking in the online database in the catagory "Internet" i see xbmchub & xbmc4xbox, but when I do "show all" I don't see xmbc4xbox or xbmchub. Also I don't see xbmc.org in any of the database catagories, I think you said it won't show because FB comes preloaded with xbmc.org.
Do you see xbmchub & xbmc4xbox in the "show all" catagory ?

v1.1.1 - ruuk - 2012-08-31

Version 1.1.1

Changes:
- Fixed a bug causing forums to be added to the ODB with a bad header color string
- Fixed a bug where forums with a bad header color string would cause the ODB forums list to be cut off

On my REPO.
(2012-08-31, 19:30)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

When looking in the online database in the catagory "Internet" i see xbmchub & xbmc4xbox, but when I do "show all" I don't see xmbc4xbox or xbmchub. Also I don't see xbmc.org in any of the database catagories, I think you said it won't show because FB comes preloaded with xbmc.org.

There was a bug in response to a bad header color string in xbmc.org causing it and all forums after it not to be displayed, that is why there were no forums starting with 'X' in the 'Show All' list.

I also moved xbmchub and xbmc4xbox to 'Audio/Video Software & Technology', which is where xbmc.org was (well was supposed to be Smile )

v1.1.1 - hasselhof - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 21:40)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.1

Changes:
- Fixed a bug causing forums to be added to the ODB with a bad header color string
- Fixed a bug where forums with a bad header color string would cause the ODB forums list to be cut off

On my REPO.
(2012-08-31, 19:30)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

There was a bug in response to a bad header color string in xbmc.org causing it and all forums after it not to be displayed, that is why there were no forums starting with 'X' in the 'Show All' list.

I also moved xbmchub and xbmc4xbox to 'Audio/Video Software & Technology', which is where xbmc.org was (well was supposed to be Smile )

Sorted Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-09-14

Hi ruuk, hows it going?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-14, 22:54)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, hows it going?

Not bad. I've become sidetracked with a small project, and have sadly neglected FB Smile
How's it going with you?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-09-16

I'm not too bad, thanks for asking. I've been busy with my new job with Rolls Royce aerospace.
Forum browser is running sweet, so no worries there mate.

Speak to you soon Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Sranshaft - 2012-11-30

Hey Ruuk,

I'm having a bit of an issue after updating to Frodo. I've been getting a lot of crashes when using ForumBrowser with the following errors being repeated in the debug log.

Code:
00:11:02 T:2220   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non api type passed in place of the expected type "p.XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Action."
00:11:02 T:2220   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: Non api type passed in place of the expected type "p.XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Action."
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.forum.browser\default.py", line 2231, in onAction
                                                BaseWindow.onAction(self,action)
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.forum.browser\default.py", line 409, in onAction
                                                BaseWindowFunctions.onAction(self,action)
                                              File "C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.forum.browser\default.py", line 383, in onAction
                                                xbmcgui.WindowXML.onAction(self,action)
                                            TypeError: Non api type passed in place of the expected type "p.XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::Action."
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Here's the full log: http://pastebin.com/Wg4t6Er5

Hope it's an easy fix. I really love using the addon and have been spending the last couple of weeks making sure my new skin was completely compatible with it. If you'd like to have a look at what I was able to come up with for your addon, check out the screenshots over here.

v1.1.2 - ruuk - 2012-12-06

Version 1.1.2

Changes:
- Disabled activity splash as it was causing crashes in FRODO (Should return in a later release when fixed)
- Fixed a bug in onAction() causing errors in the (FRODO) log (log said ignoring the error could cause memory leaks, so perhaps fixed a memory leak Smile )
- Fixed a bug where if the copy of the XBMC skin in the users directory was older than the copy in the install directory, the skin mods would fail to be used. This probably only affected the default skin.

On my REPO.

RE: v1.1.2 - hasselhof - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 20:49)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.2

Changes:
- Disabled activity splash as it was causing crashes in FRODO (Should return in a later release when fixed)
- Fixed a bug in onAction() causing errors in the (FRODO) log (log said ignoring the error could cause memory leaks, so perhaps fixed a memory leak Smile )
- Fixed a bug where if the copy of the XBMC skin in the users directory was older than the copy in the install directory, the skin mods would fail to be used. This probably only affected the default skin.

On my REPO.

Cheers ruuk,

will check this out when I've updated to Frodo soon. Smile