Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 21:08)ruuk Wrote: Holy crap, there's almost 450 forums on the online database! Eek

Just goes to show that a lot of people are using Forum Browser without problems due to your programming being so good

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-01-27

(2013-01-27, 21:14)hasselhof Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 21:08)ruuk Wrote: Holy crap, there's almost 450 forums on the online database! Eek

Just goes to show that a lot of people are using Forum Browser without problems due to your programming being so good
That or they don't know about this thread yet...

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - carmen - 2013-01-28

ruuk: posting as my wife again because I need a new post.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - carmen - 2013-01-28

test

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-01-28

(2013-01-28, 01:03)carmen Wrote: ruuk: posting as my wife again because I need a new post.

Who is this mystery man/woman? Smile

v1.1.4 - ruuk - 2013-01-29

Version 1.1.4

Changes:
- When selecting a forum from the online database, it now returns to the list
- When removing added forums, it now returns to the list after selecting a forum to remove
- Fixed bug not allowing color dialog to open on Dark skin
- Fix for encoding errors when viewing private messages
- Added unread subscriptions/PMs notify service
- Added 'Turn On/Off Notifications' to options menu which toggles for the current forum
- Added 'Notifications' section in settings with options for enabling, showing only on startup, and interval
- Forum usernames/passwords and other user data now saved in forum_settings/forumID for each forum instead of in settings.xml
- *Added conversion function to copy forum user data from settings.xml to forum data files

On my REPO.

Lot of changes in this one, most notably the notifications stuff.
Some notes on that:
* The interface is very basic for now, you toggle notifications for each forum from the options menu. I will add a dialog for managing notifications later.
* The only type of notification at this point is the normal XBMC notification, which will show for each forum that has new posts. There will be more options later
* Threads/Forums are counted as new unread if there was no unread post in the last check or the last check was longer ago then the check interval (ie. when the service loads, it loads the data from the last check, but ignores it if the time elapsed is longer than the set interval)
* PMs are the same as above, except that they are counted as new unread if the number of unread posts is at least 1 and has changed since the last check. This is because there is no way to tell when the count is the same if the posts are the same posts. This also assumes that if the count has gone down that the posts are new, which may be incorrect, but again there is no way for FB to know.
* The interval in settings is the time between updates, so if it takes ten seconds to get the forum info, the next update will happen INTERVAL minutes after that ends
hasselhof:
The script I use to make the zips for the repo now copies the changelogs there as well, so as I update scripts, the changelogs will be added to the repo.
I noticed when I 'View Extra Info' on a user on xbmc.org, the reputation is in that info. I don't know if that is new or was always there. In any case, after I'm done working on the notifications stuff, I will probably add some options to set what is displayed in the posts list view below the status and 'group' info. Probably a list of stats in order of priority, so that it will show what it can when available.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-01-29

Just a quick note: I've noticed that if you shut down XBMC when Forum Browser is running (at least in FRODO RC3), that XBMC will fail to shut down. I tried other addons and the same thing happened. So my advice is: don't shut down XBMC while an addon is loaded Smile
Hopefully this is an XBMC problem that will be fixed and is nothing I have to do anything about Smile
Frodo has already been wreaking havoc with half my addons Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-01-29

Hi ruuk you've been working hard!! I will check out when I get more time I've an early start in the morning, all sounds very good Smile cheers

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Martijn - 2013-01-29

Does it hang in some loop then?
If you can provide some more info in what direction to look.

I presume you already listen for xbmc.abortrequest status ?

(2013-01-29, 01:07)Martijn Wrote: Does it hang in some loop then?
If you can provide some more info in what direction to look.

I presume you already listen for xbmc.abortrequest status ?
It's not during a loop. I listen for xbmc.abortrequest in my service, but this is not in the service, this is just when sitting on the main window of the addon, which has no loops running. The window is modal and the init functions are done when I try to shutdown XBMC.
I opened 'The Big Picture' addon as well and shutdown XBMC while it was open and got the same behaviour.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - jfcarroll - 2013-01-29

If the doModal is called in a python created thread, this bug was fixed a couple days ago and the fix made it into Frodo. If not, let me know.

(2013-01-29, 21:17)jfcarroll Wrote: If the doModal is called in a python created thread, this bug was fixed a couple days ago and the fix made it into Frodo. If not, let me know.

It is, and I'll watch for the fix.
Thanks for the info.

v1.1.5 - ruuk - 2013-01-29

Version 1.1.5

Changes:
- Added PIP video overlay so you can continue to watch video while browsing forums. Pausing video will hide the overlay.
- Added setting 'Hide Video Overlay'

On my REPO.

This adds a video overlay to the main windows when video is playing. If video is not playing, the windows are the same as before. As stated above, pausing a video will hide the overlay.
This allows watching video while browsing forums, which while useful on it's own, will be helpful in the future as I explore new post notify options (for example options to jump to the new post while you are watching a video, or pause video and ask to jump to new post while watching a video, etc.

Also, I can confirm that shutting down XBMC while Forum Browser is running no longer hangs XBMC on the Frodo final release. Hooray! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-01-29

Hi ruuk, xbmc.org is really busy obviously for new Frodo release Smile, so forum browser is really slow for me, and is timing out
I've done some testing but only a little, for the reason I will explain in a moment.

Testing on Frodo rc3 - XBMCbuntu
When adding a forum from the online database, it now returns to the list ok.
When removing a forum from the local database, it now returns to the list ok.

When I select "options" nothing is activated the screen just sits there, as if focus is lost.
I'm still able to move about and highlight everything including forums, but clicking everything nothing happens.
My problem is that I cant ssh into XBMCbuntu usb install via winSCP from windows pc for some reason to retrieve the log for you.

I have xbmcbuntu rc3 on a usb for testing, so my eden hard drive install is still safely intact.

When the Frodo final is released for XBMCbuntu I will install to the hard drive and be able to get you the log & do more testing.

Cheers

John.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-01-30

(2013-01-29, 22:48)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, xbmc.org is really busy obviously for new Frodo release Smile, so forum browser is really slow for me, and is timing out
That's how I realized the release was available. Smile
(2013-01-29, 22:48)hasselhof Wrote: I've done some testing but only a little, for the reason I will explain in a moment.

Testing on Frodo rc3 - XBMCbuntu
When adding a forum from the online database, it now returns to the list ok.
When removing a forum from the local database, it now returns to the list ok.

When I select "options" nothing is activated the screen just sits there, as if focus is lost.
I'm still able to move about and highlight everything including forums, but clicking everything nothing happens.
My problem is that I cant ssh into XBMCbuntu usb install via winSCP from windows pc for some reason to retrieve the log for you.

I have xbmcbuntu rc3 on a usb for testing, so my eden hard drive install is still safely intact.

When the Frodo final is released for XBMCbuntu I will install to the hard drive and be able to get you the log & do more testing.

Cheers

John.
Well, there is some new code that would probably cause what you described if it caused an error. So if when you can get me a log, I'd love to look at it.

Version 1.1.7

Changes:

*** 1.1.7 ***
- Fix: Skin mod will now update when skin version changes on XBMC upgrade
- Fix: Saying 'No' to skin mods now properly disables skin mods (which also stops it from asking to install skin mods)
*** 1.1.6 ***
- Small fix to new settings conversion function

On my REPO.

Found a problem right after I commited 1.1.6 so I fixed it and skipped posting about 1.1.6.