Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: My Tapatalk activity is still showing me viewing my profile all the time.
I'm not sure if I can do anything about that. I tried some things that didn't work. I'm still thinking on it.
(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: Good idea to be able to browse to a url when changing logo's. I like the way you present the current logo's address in the keyboard when changing logo. The url based changing of logo's is working really well, the one I did worked great and is a much better logo than the auto scraped offerings. On a side note after typing in the url for the logo, then pressing done on the onscreen keyboard, the forums list is not getting refreshed with the new logo, you have to go out of the forum list and back in again to see the new logo.
Yeah I know. It's somewhat non-trivial to make it update, but it's on my my todo.
(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: If using the "Search posts" from the button on main screen, you are presented with a list of results, if you go into any post, then come back out again the post title thread topic says "none" but before it said the title, not sure if this is the desired effect you were after ?.
Thanks and fixed.
(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: when turning on "Searching posts: open thread on post click" in settings this stops the posts from being able to be displayed full screen when selecting the posts. ie with "Searching posts: open thread on post click" switched "off" you get a list of individual posts relating to your search term, click on one and it goes fullscreen. If you have "Searching posts: open thread on post click" switched "on" then the posts won't go fullscreen. I actually prefer the context menu entry of "open post thread" the context menu option works nicely.
Well, you actually found 2 bugs, one of which was hidden by the bug causing the posts not to display fullscreen. Fixed.
(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: Searching user posts button is another function I use regularly in a browser, but once you've typed the name of the user could you just browse the users post with the latest one first, instead of typing in a search term as well, or is this an xbmc.org limitation ?.
Well, there is actually a different Tapatalk function for getting a users posts. I'll implement that later. On my TODO.
(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: How do I instigate a Share social import ( I've done a fresh install, got rid of all old settings folders etc etc.) tried for 10 mins but couldn't get it to activate.?
Hmmm... maybe the optional import doesn't work like I thought. I'll have to check into it.
(2013-03-08, 19:47)hasselhof Wrote: Now you've implemented a comprehensive search system, could I ask for a saved search list somehow like in your google images add-on, or what I would find useful is that the last typed entry into the keyboard appears the next time you pull the keyboard to the screen,(just trying to save typing with the remote) what do you think ?
Added to my TODO. Maybe I'll add a search history button, and have a settings option to auto fill the search terms with the last search.

v1.3.5 - ruuk - 2013-03-08

Version 1.3.5

Changes:

- Improved html ordered list display in posts
- Fix bug in service caused by moving the video functions to WebViewer
- Keyboard mod now replaces XBMC keyboard, currently has generic, Confluence and Transparency replacements
- Added an info window that explains the mods (what they do and the caveats) before asking to install
- Added a setting 'Use keyboard mod' subsetting below 'Use skin modifications' in general settings
- Fixed a bug causing full message view not to display when 'Searching Posts: Open Thread On Post Click' is enabled
- Fixed a bug causing infinite loop when 'Searching Posts: Open Thread On Post Click' is enabled
- Fixed a bug causing 'None' to be displayed when returning from full message view to post search results

On my REPO.

v1.3.6 - ruuk - 2013-03-10

Version 1.3.6

Changes:

- Swapped 'Forums' and 'Settings' buttons
- Moved some functions out of the default.py file to their own modules. Hopefully I didn't break anything
- Now has separate search history for post, thread and user post searches, plus a global search history
- Clicking a search button will now show a menu with options to start a new search or pick from the search history, with button specific history on top, and global below
- Added general setting 'Search: Show Search History'

On my REPO.

v1.3.7 - ruuk - 2013-03-11

Version 1.3.7

Changes:
- Changed 'Search User Posts' button to 'Search User'
- Added '[Recent Posts]' and '[Recent Threads]' to search options on 'Search User'
- Finally fixed (hopefully) the daylight savings time handling code for user activity display
- Show last seen time instead of activity if user not online
- Show last activity time for online users even if no activity text available.
- Fix for forum manager night always highlighting the correct forum on open
- Logo and logo background color now update in forums manager when changed in forum settings
- Logo and header color now update in forums window when changed in forum settings and forums manager is closed
- Fix: Some forums (notably XBMC.org) weren't getting last post user data because they used a different key name for the value
- Known Issue: xbmc.org (and probably some other mybb forums) show the last poster as the starter. This is a bug in the forums Tapatalk plugin (that means not Forum Browser =] )

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-11, 22:07)ruuk Wrote: - Known Issue: xbmc.org (and probably some other mybb forums) show the last poster as the starter. This is a bug in the forums Tapatalk plugin (that means not Forum Browser =] )

Looks like this is just on subscriptions.

v1.3.8 - ruuk - 2013-03-12

Version 1.3.8

Changes:
- Added forum setting 'Time Offset' which allows you to set a time offset in hours to correct displayed time being offset from your local time. Currently works with Tapatalk for user activity and post time
- Fixed a bug causing errors when trying to edit a post

On my REPO.

v1.3.9 - ruuk - 2013-03-12

Version 1.3.9

Changes:
- Improved titles (when available) for post videos in full message view

On my REPO.

WebViewer now supports Dailymotion videos, which means Forum Browser does too Smile

v1.4.0 - ruuk - 2013-03-16

Version 1.4.0

Changes:
- Added advanced settings option 'Show Traceback Dialog On Errors' - mostly for testing on my android phone

On my REPO.

WebViewer now supports Metacafe videos, which means Forum Browser does too Smile
Had another update, but my svn on Google Code doesn't seem to be working too well at the moment.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-03-16

Hi ruuk hopefully have some time too catch up with some testing over the weekend Smile Your v1.4.0 installed on my machine before you posted notice in forum ,beat ya!Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-16

(2013-03-16, 01:00)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk hopefully have some time too catch up with some testing over the weekend Smile Your v1.4.0 installed on my machine before you posted notice in forum ,beat ya!Smile
Had to go eat dinner Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-03-17

Hi ruuk,

thanks for all the updates, I've tested using Confluence, FB V1.4.0, Web viewer V0.9.9 Xbmcbuntu

The keyboard info window is very informative and does the required job.

When searching posts with "open thread on post click" enabled now displays full screen posts

The displaying of "none" is now working ok.

Forums & settings button layout is working quite well.

Search history is very nice.

The search user via "Recent posts" & "Recent threads" is working really nice.

The show search history toggle is working ok.

Show "last seen" if user is not online appears to working ok.

Show "Last activity" for online user appears to be working ok.

Logo & Logo backgrounds now update in forum window, when changed in the forum manager window.

Time offset seem to work ok, it showed the correct amount of time I was in forum (I added +1)

Edit posts is working ok.

Still testing.......

Hi ruuk

I couldn't post in this thread via forum browser here is a log & screenshot of the error message. I was able to post at your test thread at xbmchub. Also coincidentally in the same thread if I press the context menu on any post I get the following see screenshot notice the colour reference on the subscribe to thread option. Interestingly if I subscribe to the thread via FB, go into my subscriptions there is no colour reference on the subscribe to thread option.

How I found the thread in question was by "search thread" for the word "playback", clicked on "speed up playback" thread started by "dhead" not sure if this would have any bearing on you traking the error.

Hi ruuk,

If I do a search using "Search posts" button, I type in a search term for example "playback" it returns page 1 of 20, but you get no more pages,ie page 2 is blank and so on. I've tried clicking on the next page icon in to top right corner, I've used the context menu to "go to page number" or, "last post" it just returns a blank page see log, but it looks like there isn't much to go on in the log. When I do the same with "Search threads" it all works ok.

Hi ruuk,

If I except the keyboard mod it all works fine nice big typing area good one,
but the toggle button "use keyboard mod" in the settings has no effect
ie if I turn "use keyboard mod" off there is no effect the keyboard mod is still active.
Not sure if you meant this to happen.I've restarted xbmc to no effect.

Regarding the keyboard mod they both work nicely in Transparency & Confluence, but I have one issue in that when a captcha appears the keyboard blocks the captcha now the typing area is so big. Check your pm shortly for a screenshot as the captcha is from a movie link website from the hub, dont want to post links here Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-17

I almost have all the bugs you found fixed. Here's some notes on ones I might finish after the next release.

(2013-03-17, 14:36)hasselhof Wrote: If I except the keyboard mod it all works fine nice big typing area good one,
but the toggle button "use keyboard mod" in the settings has no effect
ie if I turn "use keyboard mod" off there is no effect the keyboard mod is still active.
Not sure if you meant this to happen.I've restarted xbmc to no effect.
Yeah, the old version didn't permanently install the skin file, so there wasn't a need to remove it. I'll add the code soon, but if you want your old keyboard back before I do that, you can delete the DialogKeyboard.xml fine in the skin 720p folder and rename the backup.
(2013-03-17, 14:49)hasselhof Wrote: Regarding the keyboard mod they both work nicely in Transparency & Confluence, but I have one issue in that when a captcha appears the keyboard blocks the captcha now the typing area is so big. Check your pm shortly for a screenshot as the captcha is from a movie link website from the hub, dont want to post links here Smile
Maybe I could add a button to the keyboard that will cause it to slide down and/or move the whole keyboard down. Unfortunately I can't make the actual text box change, because XBMC interacts with that control directly. I tried a bunch of things that would have been nice if they had worked, but none did because of that and other issues, which is why I ultimately had to settle on what I did. maybe I could have a mode where the box could slide down, and have extra text be hidden under the rest of the keyboard. It's not really worse than current keyboard skins, where the typing goes to the edge and you get the '...' and can't see what you are typing afterwards.

The failure to post was because it was in a search result. As soon as I finish this post, I'll be looking at why it isn't working.

I've already fixed the other bugs. Update to follow, probably after I get posting working in the search result.

If you see this, I posted from a FB search result.