Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-17

This is a small test of something

v1.4.1 - ruuk - 2013-03-17

Version 1.4.1

Changes:
- Now uses xbmcvfs to copy files. Fixes copying errors when installing skin mods on Android (At least on MY phone =] )
- Now indicates file copy activity when copying skin directory to local dir
- Focusing wrench tab on forums manager now slides out the buttons. Useful on touch interfaces
- Added to the help for the 'Share To Online DB' button
- Added DST adjustment to post dates
- Added notifications settings 'Open Subscriptions/PMs Window Automatically On Open Forum' and subsetting 'If Both Subs and PMs, Open Subs Window Instead' and updated help
- 'Global' search history is now in the correct order
- Fixed a bug causing [COLOR] tags to sometimes appear on the subscribe option when when in a search result
- Fixed pagination for 'Search Posts'
- Fixed errors when posting to a search result thread
- Fixed open to newest post not working properly when opening a thread on a search result

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-20

This is a time test. There is nothing to see here.

v1.4.2 - ruuk - 2013-03-20

Version 1.4.2

Changes:
- Disabling the the keyboard mod will now cause the mod to be removed
- Mod install/removal now only needs FB restart instead of XBMC restart. It wouldn't need any restart, but reloading the skin while FB is open apparently crashes XBMC
- Forumrummer: Search now working here too
- Time offset is now in format -mmm:ss. The original offset I added this for turned out to be a daylight savings issue. While this can still be used to correct large offsets, it is most useful, for example, on xbmc.org which currently has it's time off by about 14:30 :)

On my REPO.

v1.4.3 - ruuk - 2013-03-21

Version 1.4.3

Changes:
- Keyboard mods now can change between "Normal" and mod appearance, and "Normal" is moved down some to accommodate captchas
- Keyboard now only displays modified view when editing posts

On my REPO.

hasselhof: You should be able to see the captchas now. You'll have to disable the keyboard mod, restart FB, enable the keyboard mod restart FB again, to get it working. An interesting note: you wouldn't have been able to see the captchas with the normal confluence keyboard (and probably others). Transparency covered it only a little. It seems that the addon's solution was to gave a delay after the captcha to give you time to read it Smile. In any case, with any of the keyboards used with FB it will be visible now.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-21

I'm actually going to start pushing for the main repo 2.0 update.
Yes I said this before. Yes I made a liar of myself and immediately started adding new features like I was possessed.
I think that is out of my system.. at least for a bit.

The main thing I need to work on to get it ready will be moving a bunch of strings into a translatable state. I've been lazy with many of them for a while. Also I think I need to update some things for the new Transifex translation system... whatever that entails... uhg.

Anyway, let me know of bugs, or anything that should be working differently or whatever, and I'll fix it and see if I can't get this ready fairly soon. You can suggest features if you want, although given my recent insanity that may be dangerous. While the smart thing for me to do would be to add it to the TODO list, well...

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-21, 23:24)ruuk Wrote: I'm actually going to start pushing for the main repo 2.0 update.
Yes I said this before. Yes I made a liar of myself and immediately started adding new features like I was possessed.
I think that is out of my system.. at least for a bit.

The main thing I need to work on to get it ready will be moving a bunch of strings into a translatable state. I've been lazy with many of them for a while. Also I think I need to update some things for the new Transifex translation system... whatever that entails... uhg.

Anyway, let me know of bugs, or anything that should be working differently or whatever, and I'll fix it and see if I can't get this ready fairly soon. You can suggest features if you want, although given my recent insanity that may be dangerous. While the smart thing for me to do would be to add it to the TODO list, well...

I agree no more extra features this side of v 2.0
If I spot another new feature I will not be happy with you. Smile
I've got my eye on you.

I will check out the new updates soon.
I think that you should remove any features from the todo list that YOU dont think adds value to FB maybe zoom text for starters and so on to try and have a finished product to maintain, as there are quite a lot of bells & whistles already. I think you still have some more features to carry across to forumrunner ect , and "latest posts" maybe todo. I think that FB is far better than I ever expected it too be Smile
Lets get it bug free and you have a rest, maybe speak to some people and party a little you know like you did before FB, Smile

Just so you know I,m not being a wise guy, just seeing how much time lately you've put into FB, maybe you could do with a rest from it, but your the boss man. Really appreciate the updates. Right of to do some testing......

Woah 4324 downloads of your repo now, should have some feedback from other setups when V2.0 hits the streets Smile

Testing 1 2 3

Testing 1 2 3

Test

Hi ruuk,

Testing on xbmc v12.1, confluence, fb v 1.4.3, & windows xp.

File copy activity worked ok

It took an xbmc restart to activate the font mod, tried FB restart but it didn't activate.(l look at the v of the version number to check).

Focusing on the wrench does indeed make the tab slide out

The help button on the forum manger gui, when the wrench slide out happens, when the help button is clicked there is a portion of the text that doesn't make sense ie "The list displays the an icon......." sorry for no screenshot main pc is dead (psu), old laptop is really slow.

Help for 'Open Subscriptions/PMs Window Automatically On Open Forum' and subsetting 'If Both Subs and PMs, Open Subs Window Instead' is fine.

In tapatalk I'm still viewing my profile, but the time of my last post/activity is now bang on, using the forum settings time offset.

All help in the forum manager, via the context button on each button is ok

[colour] error is fixed now thanks

The "open newest post" when opening search results is working great, much better.

Search now lists your last entry at top of list thanks

Can confirm disabling the keyboard mod does work after FB restart.

Thats brilliant what you've done with the keyboard regarding capcha's nice one.

Another step closer to v2.0 Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-03-22

(2013-03-22, 16:06)hasselhof Wrote: It took an xbmc restart to activate the font mod, tried FB restart but it didn't activate.(l look at the v of the version number to check).
I'll have to look at that. Maybe It's not getting flagged for refresh properly. Refreshing the skin when a Forum Browser window is open crashes XBMC, so I save a flag in a setting so that it can do it on startup before opening any windows.
(2013-03-22, 16:06)hasselhof Wrote: The help button on the forum manger gui, when the wrench slide out happens, when the help button is clicked there is a portion of the text that doesn't make sense ie "The list displays the an icon......." sorry for no screenshot main pc is dead (psu), old laptop is really slow.
That's funny because I caught and fixed that just before I checked this thread. I removed some commented out code and was testing the buttons, and happened to look at the help Smile

v1.4.4 - ruuk - 2013-03-22

Version 1.4.4

Changes:
- Convert raw strings into translatable strings
- Choose logo splash now stays until logo list appears
- Improved dialogs with custom buttons for edit/browsing logo and clear/browse existing login url
- Changes to ensure skin refreshed on FB restart after installing/removing skin mod

On my REPO.

The big change here is the strings. I moved 230 strings to the translations file. Let me know if you see any missing or wrong strings. This may also cause some errors if I screwed something up Smile

v1.4.5 - ruuk - 2013-03-27

Version 1.4.5

Changes:
- Fix string IDs in skins
- Change remaining static strings in skins to ID refrences
- Change On label on notifications full dialog to "!" icon
- Shortened translation function name for easier reading

On my REPO.

Pretty much just some changes to bring the language stuff up to spec for the main repo.
Language file has been submitted for inclusion in the XBMC Addon Transifex translation project.

Please let me know if any of these changes produced any issues. This should be the last set of changes (other than bug fixes) before the bump to 2.0 and submission to the main repo.

v1.4.6 - ruuk - 2013-03-31

Version 1.4.6

Changes:
- Added shadow behind wrench tab on forums manager window

On my REPO.

Had to change some stuff to do with git, and that made me change the scripts for making the zip file for the repo. So this version also tests to make sure all is still working.

v1.4.7 - ruuk - 2013-04-02

Version 1.4.7

Changes:
- Removed strings.xml
- Removed polish language (Will return when transifex translation available. Was probably no longer accurate, and only about 15% complete anyway)
- When Forum Browser is open and service notifies, it will now trigger Forum Browser to open the dialog instead of opening from the service. If the forums manager is open, it will be refresh instead.
- Fix string IDs in tapatalk.py
- Forum loading is no longer interrupted by dialogs

On my REPO.

I've finished my pre 2.0 todo list, so all that is left is testing.
Since the notifications will now just refresh the forums manager if it is open, I may add an indicator to help show it's been updated and there are new posts, but that is a small addition, and I may leave it until after the main repo push.
I wanted to get this last update in because previously, if Forum Browser was open when you got a notification, it would open on top, and clicking a forum would open a second copy of FB. That's fixed now, and in the process I was able to smooth out some other behavior that's been bothering me.

Translation has already started happening since I submittied FB's strings to the translation project. If you're interested you can view the progress HERE.

WebViewer has already been updated on the main repo, so there's nothing but any remaining bugs keeping FB from being ready to submit.