Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-02, 23:13)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.4.7

Changes:
- Removed strings.xml
- Removed polish language (Will return when transifex translation available. Was probably no longer accurate, and only about 15% complete anyway)
- When Forum Browser is open and service notifies, it will now trigger Forum Browser to open the dialog instead of opening from the service. If the forums manager is open, it will be refresh instead.
- Fix string IDs in tapatalk.py
- Forum loading is no longer interrupted by dialogs

On my REPO.

I've finished my pre 2.0 todo list, so all that is left is testing.
Since the notifications will now just refresh the forums manager if it is open, I may add an indicator to help show it's been updated and there are new posts, but that is a small addition, and I may leave it until after the main repo push.
I wanted to get this last update in because previously, if Forum Browser was open when you got a notification, it would open on top, and clicking a forum would open a second copy of FB. That's fixed now, and in the process I was able to smooth out some other behavior that's been bothering me.

Translation has already started happening since I submittied FB's strings to the translation project. If you're interested you can view the progress HERE.

WebViewer has already been updated on the main repo, so there's nothing but any remaining bugs keeping FB from being ready to submit.

hi ruuk cant wait too put the updates through thier paces thanks pal will test at weekend

v1.4.8 RC1 - ruuk - 2013-04-04

Version 1.4.8 RC1

Changes:
- Change to more robust method of signaling for asynchronous operations
- Added a pulsing indicator when notifications causes a forums manager window refresh
- Reorganized code structure
- Fix bug with Category strings (ie blank categories when searching database)

On my REPO.

I improved some of my last improvements, as will as possibly fixed some bugs created with the last update (unless I created them while working on the current set)

I think I'm done messing with it Smile - so lets call this RC1

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 16:47)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.4.8 RC1

Changes:
- Added a pulsing indicator when notifications causes a forums manager window refresh

On my REPO.

I improved some of my last improvements, as will as possibly fixed some bugs created with the last update (unless I created them while working on the current set)

I think I'm done messing with it :) - so lets call this RC1

hi ruuk just so I know is v1.4.8 actually rc1 as my version just says v1.4.8
I'm thinking it is :)
will do some testing tomorrow
Both my laptop & tower have died
sending from my htpc via fb

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 21:20)hasselhof Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 16:47)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.4.8 RC1

Changes:

On my REPO.

I think I'm done messing with it Smile - so lets call this RC1

hi ruuk just so I know is v1.4.8 actually rc1 as my version just says v1.4.8
I'm thinking it is Smile
will do some testing tomorrow
Both my laptop & tower have died
sending from my htpc via fb

Yup. I can't put really add the RC to the version in the code.
In any case there will be an RC2 (1.4.9) soon, as I've found some bugs already Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-04

Sorry about your laptop and tower. What happened?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 22:49)ruuk Wrote: Sorry about your laptop and tower. What happened?

Screen on laptop & psu on tower , I have fixed the laptop, well I hope it stays fixed , tower is a good few years old so will be replacing shortly.Not sure about getting a new laptop in place of tower maybe an i7, got more reasearch to do:)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-05

Not sure if this is one of the errors that you have spotted see screenshot & log The setting entries of Method & Method (during video) both have arrows for changing options but neither of them toggle through the options.My log is of me clicking on the arrows.

Just to let you know im using xbmcbuntu frodo v12. confluence skin, fb v1.4.8 web viewer 0.9.10 & share social v 0.2.0 for testing.

I've done a completely fresh instal removing all traces of web viewer , fb , share social.

The same is happening with the toggle arrows to change the skin, again nothing happens.

v1.4.9 RC2 - ruuk - 2013-04-05

Version 1.4.9 RC2

Changes:
- Tapatalk: Fixed an error message bug where some errors would display as 'em'
- Fixed string ids for settings with miltiple choices
- Most connections now asynchronous (can be cancelled) - may default this to off by default until it's tested more
- Added setting 'Disable asynchronous connections' to settings:advanced

On my REPO.

The asynchronous connections means when you exit during loading you get less 'Waiting for thread to finish' messages, and XBMC shutdowns will be held up less by FB. That's not really a bug fix, but I'll probably disable it by default on the 2.0 release.

(2013-04-05, 15:23)hasselhof Wrote: Not sure if this is one of the errors that you have spotted see screenshot & log The setting entries of Method & Method (during video) both have arrows for changing options but neither of them toggle through the options.My log is of me clicking on the arrows.

Just to let you know im using xbmcbuntu frodo v12. confluence skin, fb v1.4.8 web viewer 0.9.10 & share social v 0.2.0 for testing.

I've done a completely fresh instal removing all traces of web viewer , fb , share social.

The same is happening with the toggle arrows to change the skin, again nothing happens.

Sorry, I would've gotten this update sooner but I got busy with other stuff. That was one of the bugs I saw. It's fixed in this version.

(2013-04-05, 15:43)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.4.9 RC2

Changes:
- Tapatalk: Fixed an error message bug where some errors would display as 'em'
- Fixed string ids for settings with miltiple choices
- Most connections now asynchronous (can be cancelled) - may default this to off by default until it's tested more
- Added setting 'Disable asynchronous connections' to settings:advanced

On my REPO.

The asynchronous connections means when you exit during loading you get less 'Waiting for thread to finish' messages, and XBMC shutdowns will be held up less by FB. That's not really a bug fix, but I'll probably disable it by default on the 2.0 release.

(2013-04-05, 15:23)hasselhof Wrote: Not sure if this is one of the errors that you have spotted see screenshot & log The setting entries of Method & Method (during video) both have arrows for changing options but neither of them toggle through the options.My log is of me clicking on the arrows.

Sorry, I would've gotten this update sooner but I got busy with other stuff. That was one of the bugs I saw. It's fixed in this version.

no problem thanks for update

Hi ruuk,

All looks pretty tight so far, here are a few small observations for your thoughts whatever you think is fine by me.

With "Reverse sort posts" "On", if I go to my subscriptions, then go into a subscribed thread to see the posts, the newest post is at the top. With the "Reverse sort posts" still "On", if I click "Search" click "Search user" then type "ruuk" then click "Recent posts", I'm presented with the newest post at the bottom.

Whilst adding forums from the online database, you are not kept at the list of forums once you have selected one, to make further selections. You are dropped back to the forum manager for you to click "Add from online" again. I'm sure sometime back we were left at the list to make further selections

When selecting logo's via the browse option it would be nice if fb auto refreshed when closing the forum manager window, to load the new logo to the forum, currently you have to reload the forum to see the changed logo. Also when reloading the forum to see the new logo, the forum manager icon for the forum in question reverts back to the old displayed logo and not the new logo. When first selecting the logo it did initially appear in the forum manger window ok. (I have confused myself I don't know how your going to understand this ha ha)

Regarding asynchronous connections I've switched it on and I'm able to interrupt loading pages via the stop button easily, I restarted xbmc a number of times no problems at all.

I tested the skin mod ie with it off and on and can confirm both off and on work, the skin refresh change must have worked ok.

As I say I did a completely fresh clean install, and received a message on first starting fb it said "Keyboard mod removed, Forum browser will need to be restarted before it takes effect". So I restarted and all ok. I think you intended this message, as I must have left the keyboard mod switched on when unistalling fb , therefore leaving the mod loaded, and forum browser spotted that the mod was still loaded, but the setting by default is to have the mod switched off. Am I right ?.

I like the red "!" pulsing when a new message is received.

I mostly use xbmc.org & hub, the hub is to me a little quicker to navigate around, with xbmc.org just a little slower but nothing at all to worry about. Is this because of the different api levels & plugin versions for the forums, or don't you notice it a little.

This is a masterpiece and without doubt should be included by default with xbmc it's self. That's my opinion.
I've used FB this afternoon for the best part of three hours with not one error message or hang, this is a fine piece of programming.
Thank you for all your time & effort.

PS. While reading forum browser last night, my wife watched her TV show. Video overlay what a brilliant feature.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-05

(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: With "Reverse sort posts" "On", if I go to my subscriptions, then go into a subscribed thread to see the posts, the newest post is at the top. With the "Reverse sort posts" still "On", if I click "Search" click "Search user" then type "ruuk" then click "Recent posts", I'm presented with the newest post at the bottom.
I think I'll make the 'Recent Posts' ignore that setting, since it kind of a search result. For instance, if you view recent posts on the xbmc.org site, they are displayed like search results.
(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: Whilst adding forums from the online database, you are not kept at the list of forums once you have selected one, to make further selections. You are dropped back to the forum manager for you to click "Add from online" again. I'm sure sometime back we were left at the list to make further selections
Added to my pre-2.0 list
(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: When selecting logo's via the browse option it would be nice if fb auto refreshed when closing the forum manager window, to load the new logo to the forum, currently you have to reload the forum to see the changed logo. Also when reloading the forum to see the new logo, the forum manager icon for the forum in question reverts back to the old displayed logo and not the new logo. When first selecting the logo it did initially appear in the forum manger window ok. (I have confused myself I don't know how your going to understand this ha ha)
I can't seem to duplicate this. I open the forum settings, change the logo, click ok, close the forums manager, and FB changes to the new icon. Try again and see if it still happens. If not then maybe a log will have something.
While testing this I did realize I need to make getting the images cancel-able. On the site I was trying it was taking about 2 minutes and I just had to sit there and watch the spinning splash until it was done.
(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: Regarding asynchronous connections I've switched it on and I'm able to interrupt loading pages via the stop button easily, I restarted xbmc a number of times no problems at all.
That's good. It's the sort of thing I need to test on different systems (linux,win,mac,atv,android) to be sure it works properly, which is why I'll make it default to false before the update.
(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: As I say I did a completely fresh clean install, and received a message on first starting fb it said "Keyboard mod removed, Forum browser will need to be restarted before it takes effect". So I restarted and all ok. I think you intended this message, as I must have left the keyboard mod switched on when unistalling fb , therefore leaving the mod loaded, and forum browser spotted that the mod was still loaded, but the setting by default is to have the mod switched off. Am I right ?.
Assuming you only did a fresh install of FB then yes that is what happened and is correct. If you did a fresh XBMC install (ie the skin files were deleted and re-installed) then that shouldn't have happened.
(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: I like the red "!" pulsing when a new message is received.
I thought you might Smile It was amazingly hard to get that to work properly. Me and XBMC had a pitched battle, but I prevailed in the end.
(2013-04-05, 17:48)hasselhof Wrote: I mostly use xbmc.org & hub, the hub is to me a little quicker to navigate around, with xbmc.org just a little slower but nothing at all to worry about. Is this because of the different api levels & plugin versions for the forums, or don't you notice it a little.
I've noticed it as well. I believe it is probably due to bandwith/usage issues and/or (as you said) the api (as they are different forum systems, the underlying code for the api is totally different).
It's impossible to compare this with the actual sites as the xbmc.org site has less images and no ads compared to xbmchub.com, whereas tapatalk bypasses all that.

v1.5.0 RC3 - ruuk - 2013-04-05

Version 1.5.0 RC3

Changes:
- Added a fix for some avatar urls not being fetched by XMBC properly
- Fixed a skin mod string id
- Changed from splash to progress dialog when getting forum logos and made cancelable
- Fix: Search user will now show [Recent Posts] and [Recent Threads] options even when there is no history
- Now when adding forum from online DB and a forum is added, returns to list (again - when did I break this =] )
- User '[Recent Posts]' now ignores 'Reverse Sort Posts' setting

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-05

Please ignore the stop label on the activity splash. I was testing something and forgot to remove it. It will be gone in the next version.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-06

ruuk actually If its not to much trouble I've been testing version1.5.0 and I prefer the new posts to be at bottom if I turn "Reverse sort posts" off your fix for the search results doesn't reverse so new posts dont land at the bottom sorry my fault

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-06

(2013-04-06, 00:14)hasselhof Wrote: ruuk actually If its not to much trouble I've been testing version1.5.0 and I prefer the new posts to be at bottom if I turn "Reverse sort posts" off your fix for the search results doesn't reverse so new posts dont land at the bottom sorry my fault

What I'll do is add an option to reverse search results.