Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-04-22

That would be great, looking forward to this

Will you push this to xbmc repo version or would I have to install your repo

Thank you so much

v2.0.6 - ruuk - 2013-04-23

Version 2.0.6

Changes:
- Fixed duplicate error message dialogs
- Fixed a bug causing some signatures not to show
- Tapatalk: Improved progress bar updates on posts view
- Video Skin: Moved progress bar to a slide-out at the bottom of the screen
- Video Skin: Made previous and next page buttons appear disabled (instead of hidden) when no prev/next page
- Added a button on the keyboard mod skins that toggles the large/small view

On my REPO.

(2013-04-22, 00:09)blondeshanks Wrote: Will you push this to xbmc repo version or would I have to install your repo

Well, it's on my repo now. I will be updating the main repo probably within the week, but if you can't wait, you'll have to install my repo.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-04-23

Hi ruuk,

No, not in any hurry.. I just wondered

Thanks for all the hard work you've clearly dedicated to this

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-25

I submitted version 2.1.0 to the main repo.

v2.1.0 - ruuk - 2013-04-25

Version 2.1.0

Changes:
- Created custom skins and handling for Yes/No style dialogs
- When editing a forum logo in the forum settings dialog, now does nothing if you exit the Edit/Browse dialog instead of choosing
- Added text dialog skin for the Video skin (eg. the dialog where you view the changelog)
- Added help dialog skin for the Video skin
- Updated translations

On the official XBMC repository.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-21, 23:19)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 22:58)blondeshanks Wrote: Just tested on forum browser and keyboard extra space for editing/posting text works as you described ruuk
If you could add an option to choose if you want to use the'modified' keyboard throughout xbmc that would be awesome
Thanks

I think I'll add a button to the keyboard that switches to the large version.
My other option was to have the service that handles notifications set the property that triggers the large view on startup, and change some other code for when FB opens the keyboard.
I was about to do that when I had the idea of adding a button. This will have the added benefit of not hiding anything unnecessarily (for instance some addons display a captcha image above the keyboard).

Hi ruuk,

The version of forum browser you just released, does it include the modified keyboard (switch) so I can use it throughout xbmc as I just updated and cannot find it?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 00:46)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 23:19)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 22:58)blondeshanks Wrote: Just tested on forum browser and keyboard extra space for editing/posting text works as you described ruuk
If you could add an option to choose if you want to use the'modified' keyboard throughout xbmc that would be awesome
Thanks

I think I'll add a button to the keyboard that switches to the large version.
My other option was to have the service that handles notifications set the property that triggers the large view on startup, and change some other code for when FB opens the keyboard.
I was about to do that when I had the idea of adding a button. This will have the added benefit of not hiding anything unnecessarily (for instance some addons display a captcha image above the keyboard).

Hi ruuk,

The version of forum browser you just released, does it include the modified keyboard (switch) so I can use it throughout xbmc as I just updated and cannot find it?

Thanks

You'll need to disable the keyboard mod, restart Forum Browser, and then re-enable it. This will re-install the keyboard mod.
The button is in the keyboard's skin file, and the skin file only get's modified when the mod is installed.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-26

(2013-04-26, 00:52)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-04-26, 00:46)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 23:19)ruuk Wrote: I think I'll add a button to the keyboard that switches to the large version.

Hi ruuk,

Thanks

You'll need to disable the keyboard mod, restart Forum Browser, and then re-enable it. This will re-install the keyboard mod.
The button is in the keyboard's skin file, and the skin file only get's modified when the mod is installed.

The keyboard mod for bigger typeface is a stroke of genius

v2.1.1 - ruuk - 2013-04-26

Version 2.1.1

Changes:
- ParserBrowser: Added context menu option to Posts view: 'View Thread In WebViewer' useful if no posts show, or whatever
- Can now change themes without restarting forum browser
- Fixed a bug preventing the display of the context menu on the online users display
- Fixed a bug with avatars on the online users display in the Video skin
- Added 'Disable Window Stacking' to settings advanced
- Added option to the posts view context menu 'View Posts As A Page' which shows a full view of all the posts on the page together
- Colorized the text of links and images
- Links where the text is the same as the URL now only show the URL once
- When skin mods are installed, links now show a hand icon instead of the word 'LINK' and images now have a more graphical style appearance
- Added 'Appearance' section to settings and moved some setting from 'Genereal' to there
- Added 'Hide Image URLs In Posts Display' to settings:Appearance
- Updated the settings help

On my REPO.

Added an option for disabling layered windows in settings:advanced. When enabled, Forum Browser will close the previous window before opening a new one. This is meant as a way to reduce memory usage on devices with less memory. On the flipside it is less visually appealing as there is a interval between one window closing and the next window opening where you see whatever was open before. It is also unfinished, as currently it only closes the main window before opening the next 'level' of windows.

On an unrelated note, I whipped up a video plugin "Geek & Sundry" which may interest fans of "The Guild" and Felicia Day, not to mention the other shows under the Geek & Sundry umbrella.
I was just tired of browsing through a giant YouTube list to find the video I wanted, so I banged this simple plugin out. It's on my repo.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-28

(2013-04-21, 21:08)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 16:31)hasselhof Wrote: FB release details :)
You might be able to link to the changelog on my github repository.

Here's a test:

Changelog

Changelog for 2.0

Looks like that works.

Also, thanks for updating the thread there :)

Hi ruuk, updating the thread was a pleasure & the least I could do, thanks for the continued updates. With all the updates you provide do you get time to use FB as an end user ?. For me, FB is so quick & convenient in particular when the wife has a toilet break in midstream of a film, I'm checking my subscriptions like nobodys business ha ha.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-28

(2013-04-28, 18:52)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, updating the thread was a pleasure & the least I could do, thanks for the continued updates. With all the updates you provide do you get time to use FB as an end user ?. For me, FB is so quick & convenient in particular when the wife has a toilet break in midstream of a film, I'm checking my subscriptions like nobodys business ha ha.

I actually don't use any of the addons I've written that often. I do use the FB notifications to alert me to new posts, and occasionally view them in FB on my TV. If I ever get something better than ATV2 for my main room XBMC machine, I might use it more. The ATV2 is sloooowww.
I really just enjoy programming. I started FB because I wanted to make an addon and I thought to myself "hmmm it might be nice if people could access the XMBC forums on XMBC" and it seemed like an interesting challenge to make it work. If it wasn't for me becoming aware of Tapatalk and a certain encouraging and helpful user Wink it would probably have remained basically where it was over a year ago.

It's kind of funny because Forum Browser is isn't one of my most used addons (if I'm reading the data correctly over 40,000 people have authorized my Facebook Media addon), but I've spent quite a bit more time on it than all the others combined Smile

v2.1.2 - ruuk - 2013-05-04

Version 2.1.2

Changes:
- Added a detail display on the image slide out on the full message view of the Video skin
- Made the links slide out on the full message view taller on the Video skin
- Fixed the numbers for post images for counts over 20 when the skin mods are enabled
- Modified font to include more circled numbers for the post image representations
- Added 'Video' keyboard (fits under video when playing) with smilies
- Tapatalk: Added ability to use forum specific smilies when available
- Added settings option 'Change Keyboard' which allows you to change which keyboard is installed without manually uninstalling and reinstalling
- Enabling or changing skin mods no longer requires a Forum Browser restart
- Fixed a bug where service was checking removed forums
- Progress no longer pops up twice when opening a forum (most noticable on the Video skin)
- Added the ability to re-arrange favorite forums
- Fixed a bug causing skin mods not to update when a pre-installed skin is updated to a new version
- Fixed a bug preventing forum logos from being selected in logo dialog
- Improved forum detection when user 'Add Forum' for Tapatalk and Forumrunner

On my REPO.

XBMC 12.2 upgrades the Confluence skin. Apparently the code to handle FB skin mod updates on pre-installed XBMC skin updates was broken in Forum Browser, but this version fixes it.
One of the highlights of this version is the addition of the Video keyboard. Apart from displaying below the video in FB, it also has smilies and supports site specific smilies when available. Smilies will be added to the other keyboard skins in a future update.

Re: RE: v2.1.2 - hasselhof - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-04, 20:40)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.2

Changes:
- Added a detail display on the image slide out on the full message view of the Video skin
- Made the links slide out on the full message view taller on the Video skin
- Fixed the numbers for post images for counts over 20 when the skin mods are enabled
- Modified font to include more circled numbers for the post image representations
- Added 'Video' keyboard (fits under video when playing) with smilies
- Tapatalk: Added ability to use forum specific smilies when available
- Added settings option 'Change Keyboard' which allows you to change which keyboard is installed without manually uninstalling and reinstalling
- Enabling or changing skin mods no longer requires a Forum Browser restart
- Fixed a bug where service was checking removed forums
- Progress no longer pops up twice when opening a forum (most noticable on the Video skin)
- Added the ability to re-arrange favorite forums
- Fixed a bug causing skin mods not to update when a pre-installed skin is updated to a new version
- Fixed a bug preventing forum logos from being selected in logo dialog
- Improved forum detection when user 'Add Forum' for Tapatalk and Forumrunner

On my REPO.

XBMC 12.2 upgrades the Confluence skin. Apparently the code to handle FB skin mod updates on pre-installed XBMC skin updates was broken in Forum Browser, but this version fixes it.
One of the highlights of this version is the addition of the Video keyboard. Apart from displaying below the video in FB, it also has smilies and supports site specific smilies when available. Smilies will be added to the other keyboard skins in a future update.

Woah that's a big update, a lot of additions & fixes. :angel: Forum Browser has definitely benefited from the quiet time you have now in this thread, as apposed to the mad surge of user requests/bug reports & reviews when V2 was initially released :P ha ha . I look forward to testing the new versions when I get back. Hope you are well ;)

v2.1.3 - ruuk - 2013-05-06

Version 2.1.3

Changes:
- Added smilies to Confluence keyboard skin
- Added missing smilies dialog (for site smilies) for the light/dark skins

On my REPO.

I forgot to add the smilies dialog for the dark/light skins, so here's an update Smile

v2.1.4 - ruuk - 2013-05-10

Version 2.1.4

Changes:
- Added smilies to Generic keyboard skin and changed it's appearance
- Added smilies to Transparency! keyboard skin
- Video skin now shows forum stats - currently works only with Tapatalk
- Video skin now has unread markers for forums and unread threads are highlighted
- Returning to a window when stacking is disabled now returns to previously selected item
- Improved image representation in posts
- Fix for images in quotes and image numbering in quotes
- Real underline tag support
- Tapatalk: Encoding from API now used when available
- Added encoding detection when encoding not provided
- ParserBrowser: IP Board: Fix for thread parsing showing no threads on some forums
- Tapatalk: User info now cached, which should speed up browsing through the pages of a thread

On my REPO.

Working with fonts a bit lately I learned some things. In this new version, what appears to be a camera icon embedded in post text is actually 5 font characters on top of each other with different colors.
This is how I also figured out a way to get actual underlines under the text. This is a lot harder than it seems because not only do I have to put a non-advancing underline character before each character of the underlined phrase, I have to do it without putting it under the formatting characters (like color and bold) and then on top of that try not to underline leading and trailing spaces. I think it's working pretty well, but please let me know if you notice any weirdness with the underlining. Underlines trailing off the end of a word are normal, because I have to use and underline character that is as wide as the widest likely character for this to work.

Also, note that long posts with a lot of color may display improperly towards the bottom of the message. This is an XBMC text formatting bug which I've already reported.

hasselhof: Your posts on the hub were very helpful in testing the underlines, considering how much underlining they had Smile

Version 2.1.5

Changes:
- Forgot to include the new font file in the last update, so here it is Smile

On my REPO.