Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

Smiley Test - ruuk - 2013-05-10

8-) Big Grin Tongue Undecided Wink

v2.1.6 - ruuk - 2013-05-16

Version 2.1.6

Changes:
- Improved smilies appearance
- Changed keyboard mods output on one smiley from :/ to :-/
- Fixed detection of smilies at the start of a new line
- Added post count to threads window on Video skin
- ParserBrowser: Added new forum type: Vanilla (Used for the Geek & Sundry forums among others)
- Fixed a bug where opening a thread caused the forum title to be hidden on the forums window
- Added a setting in the 'Appearance' section: 'Hide Link URLs In Posts Display'. If the URL is in the text of the link, this will still be displayed
- Various ParserBrowser fixes
- Editing forum post parsing rules from forum settings now triggers cancel confirmation
- Added Split Filters (start and end splitting) and Class Filters (ignore tags with specified class) to post parsing rules
- Added the ability to prepend Extra rules with 'class:' to match extra info in an html tag that has the specified class attribute
- Added help for each post parser rule type when adding a new rule
- ParserBrowser: Added the ability for FB to mark top forums as headings, so clicking them will do nothing)
- ParserBrowser: Moved setting 'Ignore Forum Images In Posts' from general:settings to forum specific settings

On my REPO.

Version 2.1.7

Changes:
- Forgot to add mod update on version check for font changes, now added :)

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-19

Hi ruuk

thanks for the updates. I've found three things so far

See this screenshot I think it is not doing underlining very well. This is the same on the video skin also.

See this screenshot I think the backing colour is a little off position.

See this screenshot The colour is too dark to read easily on the video skin.

Everything else is looking great so far, especially the keyboard mod for extra typing space (this should be included in the official keyboard that comes with XBMC). The changing of the skins without restarting FB is niffty. I like the bigger smilies also. The addition of forum statistics in the video skin is cool.

For me I still keep going back to the light skin, although the video skin is amazing.

Your "Geek & Sundry" video addon is cool, I might take a look at your code to see how you did it, as I might like to make my own video addon Smile one day

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-19

(2013-05-19, 13:29)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

thanks for the updates. I've found three of things so far

See this screenshot I think it is not doing underlining very well. This is the same on the video skin also.

See this screenshot I think the backing colour is a little off position.

See this screenshot The colour is too dark to read easily on the video skin.

Everything else is looking great so far, especially the keyboard mod for extra typing space (this should be included in the official keyboard that comes with XBMC). The changing of the skins without restarting FB is niffty. I like the bigger smilies also. The addition of forum statistics in the video skin is cool.

For me I still keep going back to the light skin, although the video skin is amazing.

The font does not appear to have been updated. If you haven't already, try restarting XBMC. If that doesn't work, I'll have to figure out why it didn't update the font.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-05-19

+1 for the keyboard mod being included in xbmc as standard.

Hi ruuk, I uninstalled the skin modifications, restarted XBMC, then re-installed the skin mods, selecting Confluence as my skin, restarted XBMC again, but the screenshots I provided are still applicable.
I've also noticed that the three screenshots I provided are not loading to full screen from the lefthand hidden link menu.
IE when the links from left menu are clicked nothing happens.
Just off to a BBQ will try to get a log for you later ;)

I like the smiley dashboard that is with the keyboard, but the smilies only appear if you highlight them. I cant take a screenshot to show you as I think it is a XBMC limitation while keyboard is open :(

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-19

Probably still a font issue... I'll be looking at this when I get home from work.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - mulat - 2013-05-19

Hello,
I have a problem after install of this addon. After installation addon want to change something in skin, and thats goes wrong. Now i have issue with blank notifications. Its looks like on screen. I was trying to remove confluence and download new from github, issue also appear with others skins.

v2.1.8 - ruuk - 2013-05-19

Version 2.1.8

Changes:
- Added Bookmarks dialog
- Added 'Add Bookmarks' to context menu for threads, posts, and message views (May be moved to a button later)
- Fix (hopefully) for font not being updated when updating mod
- Added forums select skin for Video skin. Used when adding from online database and for bookmarks

On my REPO.

Hopefully this will update the font, so you can see the new smileys and underlines in all their glory.
Oh and I added bookmarks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-19

(2013-05-19, 20:49)mulat Wrote: Hello,
I have a problem after install of this addon. After installation addon want to change something in skin, and thats goes wrong. Now i have issue with blank notifications. Its looks like on screen. I was trying to remove confluence and download new from github, issue also appear with others skins.

What version of XBMC do you have and what OS are you running on?

If it's not too much to ask, could you do fresh install of XBMC, install Forum Browser with the skin mods, and get me a log after that. That would be really helpful. If Forum Browser is causing a problem with the skin it would have to be at this point. It can only imagine it having this sort of effect on skins that come with XBMC (like confluence) because it has to copy the skin files to the users home directory. Other than that it does very little modification to the skin.

If that is too much, you might be able to install a new XBMC skin (any skin as long as you haven't installed it before) and then install Forum Browser with the skin mods and get me a log right after that.

If you can't do either of those, I'm going to have to try and guess what's going on from your XBMC and OS version.

(2013-05-19, 13:29)hasselhof Wrote: See this screenshot The colour is too dark to read easily on the video skin.
This will be fixed in 2.1.9. I would have done it for 2.1.8 but only remembered when I posted the update here Smile
(2013-05-19, 13:29)hasselhof Wrote: For me I still keep going back to the light skin, although the video skin is amazing.
Why do you go back to the light skin? Is it because you prefer the light color, because you prefer the interface, because you are used to the interface, or some other reason. I'm not trying to get you to like the Video skin more as much as trying to see what I can improve about it, and also, seeing why you prefer the light skin might give me some insight into what other people consider important in the skin. As you are the only 'people' giving feedback I pretty much rely on you for views outside my own Smile
(2013-05-19, 13:29)hasselhof Wrote: Your "Geek & Sundry" video addon is cool, I might take a look at your code to see how you did it, as I might like to make my own video addon Smile one day
It's not the best plugin code. I basically copy/pasted most of it from my other plugins and modified it to suit. There are probably better examples of how to do a plugin right Smile
I plan on eventually re-doing most of the code, since a lot of the code I copied from my other plugins was from when I first started coding plugins.
I was just tired of browsing through 100 YouTube videos to get to the one Space Janitors episode I wanted to watch, so I whipped this up in about half an hour (not counting the 2 hours I spent banging my head against a wall trying to figure out some small little thing Smile )

Hi ruuk,

the last update v2.1.8 fixed the underlining & smilies problems, they look great. The bookmarks work a treat, although I havn't figured out have to remove a bookmark, but it was a very quick trial Rolleyes so will test a bit more.

Here is a log of me trying to view the three screenshots I posted earlier today from post #783. When I click on them from the left hand hidden menu, nothing happens ie they don't go full screen. In the log you may also see some other errors that I experienced due to me trying to read my subscritions, and it appearing to time out, see what you think.

Regarding the skin preference I'll get back to you Big Grin

As always thanks for you time / updates.

(2013-05-19, 22:15)hasselhof Wrote: The bookmarks work a treat, although I havn't figured out have to remove a bookmark, but it was a very quick trial Rolleyes so will test a bit more.
Well, I'm not done with the bookmarks. I was in the middle of working on that and wanted to fix the font issue. You can't figure out how to remove them, because there isn't a way Smile
(2013-05-19, 22:15)hasselhof Wrote: Here is a log of me trying to view the three screenshots I posted earlier today from post #783. When I click on them from the left hand hidden menu, nothing happens ie they don't go full screen. In the log you may also see some other errors that I experienced due to me trying to read my subscritions, and it appearing to time out, see what you think.
Yeah, you've got a crapload of errors in that log. I've fixed one that I created when adding the bookmarks. It was causing errors for ParserBrowser forums.

I see the error causing the problem with the links. I'll figure out what's wrong and fix it.

There's some other errors that I'll be looking at as well. Thanks for the log.

No problem thanks for the reply

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Johnnie Walker - 2013-05-20

Hi. I've installed Forum Browser 2.1.8 on my AppleTV wit XBMC Frodo. I'm getting and error message, and can't click any button. All I can do is press and hold menu button at remote, access a menu with bookmarks, refresh and help.

Any clues?

This is the error:
Error Getting Forums
'module'object has no attribute 'loadForumSettings'

Tks.