Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 06:03)Johnnie Walker Wrote: Hi. I've installed Forum Browser 2.1.8 on my AppleTV wit XBMC Frodo. I'm getting and error message, and can't click any button. All I can do is press and hold menu button at remote, access a menu with bookmarks, refresh and help.

Any clues?

This is the error:
Error Getting Forums
'module'object has no attribute 'loadForumSettings'

Tks.

Provide a little more info for the dev to get to the bottom of your problem such as put your xbmc.log on pastebin and put a link to it here, what OS your running , what skin, what version of XBMC your running. These few things go a long way to finding a solution. I'm sure once you do this he will be able to solve your problem.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 06:03)Johnnie Walker Wrote: Hi. I've installed Forum Browser 2.1.8 on my AppleTV wit XBMC Frodo. I'm getting and error message, and can't click any button. All I can do is press and hold menu button at remote, access a menu with bookmarks, refresh and help.

Any clues?

This is the error:
Error Getting Forums
'module'object has no attribute 'loadForumSettings'

Tks.

Already fixed. Will be in the 2.1.9 update after I get home from work in 5 hours. Error showed up in hasselhof's last log.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - mulat - 2013-05-20

I'm Raspbmc user, configuration htcp takes long time. After fresh install with backed up xbmc settings folder. Problem still exist.
But its OK, i can live with that ;P

v2.1.9 - ruuk - 2013-05-20

Version 2.1.9

Changes:
- Fixed colors for forum/user info to be viewable on dark skins
- Fixed a bug causing ParserBrowser forums to fail
- Fixed a bug preventing the viewing of images for links that are images
- Added handling for access errors (windows specific and generic permission) with the file locking used for signaling
- Added the ability to remove bookmarks

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-20

(2013-05-20, 18:02)mulat Wrote: I'm Raspbmc user, configuration htcp takes long time. After fresh install with backed up xbmc settings folder. Problem still exist.
But its OK, i can live with that ;P
Well, what I needed was a log right after the install, so I could figure out what was wrong.
The problem is likely caused because you are on the Raspberry Pi and XBMC does something different there. Perhaps when I get around to buying one I can test for that.

v2.1.9 - hasselhof - 2013-05-21

(2013-05-20, 20:11)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.9

Changes:
- Fixed colors for forum/user info to be viewable on dark skins
- Fixed a bug causing ParserBrowser forums to fail
- Fixed a bug preventing the viewing of images for links that are images
- Added handling for access errors (windows specific and generic permission) with the file locking used for signaling
- Added the ability to remove bookmarks

On my REPO.

Hi ruuk
Add & remove bookmarks is working ok
The pictures from the left hidden menu are working ok
The extra user info is much more readable now

I've had no strange goings on so far :D
I have noticed that the smiley dashboard alongside the keyboard & the arrow to make typing area bigger, can't get focus with a keyboard, but thats fine for me as I usually use my remote, which does work on the smiley dashboard & the arrow to make keyboard bigger :P Im aware of the keyboard shorcuts to get the smilies.

One reason I use mainly the light skin is because it resembles the actual XBMC.org website a lot
:p

Thanks for the fix & update

RE: v2.1.9 - ruuk - 2013-05-21

(2013-05-21, 00:00)hasselhof Wrote: I have noticed that the smiley dashboard alongside the keyboard & the arrow to make typing area bigger, can't get focus with a keyboard, but thats fine for me as I usually use my remote, which does work on the smiley dashboard & the arrow to make keyboard bigger Tongue Im aware of the keyboard shorcuts to get the smilies.
I'll see if I can think of a way to access that with a keyboard. Hmm.....

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Johnnie Walker - 2013-05-21

It worked! Thanks a lot!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-21

Hi ruuk when I startup FB I'm getting a 10 / 15 sec delay before seeing anything appear on screen here are a couple of logs from Win xp FB V2.1.9

Whoops I've updated the links as one was not working

v2.1.10 - ruuk - 2013-05-21

Version 2.1.10

Changes:
- Updates of Font.xml file now use backup file instead of modded Font.xml file
- Some changes to the internal signaling system to (hopefully) fix errors on windows systems

On my REPO.

(2013-05-21, 18:41)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk when I startup FB I'm getting a 10 / 15 sec delay before seeing anything appear on screen here are a couple of logs from Win xp FB V2.1.9

Try the new version, and send me a log if you still have issues. I'm not sure why you get this and I don't, but I'm sure it's probably because it's windows vs linux and something is different. If this update doesn't fix it, I guess I'll have to go play around with my XP machine and see if I can duplicate the issue.

Re: RE: v2.1.10 - hasselhof - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-21, 21:08)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.10

Changes:
- Updates of Font.xml file now use backup file instead of modded Font.xml file
- Some changes to the internal signaling system to (hopefully) fix errors on windows systems

On my REPO.

(2013-05-21, 18:41)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk when I startup FB I'm getting a 10 / 15 sec delay before seeing anything appear on screen here are a couple of logs from Win xp FB V2.1.9

Try the new version, and send me a log if you still have issues. I'm not sure why you get this and I don't, but I'm sure it's probably because it's windows vs linux and something is different. If this update doesn't fix it, I guess I'll have to go play around with my XP machine and see if I can duplicate the issue.

Will do when home from work in about 8 hours.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-22

Hi ruuk,

Windows XP, FB V2.1.10, Confluence skin, XBMC 13 alpha 1

I've updated to v 2.1.10 but FB wouldn't start in Win XP, XBMC just lost focus and endlessly hung, couldn't get a logSad nothing was happening so... I un-installed FB, Web Viewer, and all associated folders.
Re-installed FB & it seems ok so far, but there is a slight delay (that is no means a problem) of about 10/15 secs long before FB appears on screen,
then FB works fine.
I've included some logs for your interest, the first three are normal logs of me just starting FB, the next three are with "Enable Log Debugging" switched on in FB settings, of me again just starting FB.

Normal log 1
Normal log 2
Normal log 3

Debug log 1
Debug log 2
Debug log 3

A bit overkill with the logs I know but take a look anyway you never know what you might find Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-22, 18:50)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

I've updated to v 2.1.10 but FB wouldn't start in Win XP, XBMC just lost focus and endlessly hung, couldn't get a logSad nothing was happening so... I un-installed FB, Web Viewer, and all associated folders.
Re-installed FB & it seems ok so far, but there is a slight delay (that is no means a problem) of about 10/15 secs long before FB appears on screen,
then FB works fine.
I've included some logs for your interest, the first three are normal logs of me just starting FB, the next three are with "Enable Log Debugging" switched on in FB settings, of me again just starting FB.

Normal log 1
Normal log 2
Normal log 3

Debug log 1
Debug log 2
Debug log 3

A bit overkill with the logs I know but take a look anyway you never know what you might find Big Grin
Thanks for the logs. I think I have a basic understanding of what is happening, I'm just not sure why. I'm going to try it on my XP machine as I mentioned before. Hopefully I can duplicate the error and avoid having to keep trying new code and getting new logs from you over and over Smile

If you can't start FB again, there may be a file called settngs.xml.lock in the userdata/script.forum.browser or signals.lock in userdata/script.forum.browser/cache. Delete both of those and that should fix the problem, at least temporarily.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-22, 20:15)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-05-22, 18:50)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

I've updated to v 2.1.10 but FB wouldn't start in Win XP, XBMC just lost focus and endlessly hung, couldn't get a log:( nothing was happening so... I un-installed FB, Web Viewer, and all associated folders.
then FB works fine.

Normal log 1
Normal log 2
Normal log 3

Debug log 1
Debug log 2
Debug log 3

A bit overkill with the logs I know but take a look anyway you never know what you might find :D
Thanks for the logs. I think I have a basic understanding of what is happening, I'm just not sure why. I'm going to try it on my XP machine as I mentioned before. Hopefully I can duplicate the error and avoid having to keep trying new code and getting new logs from you over and over :)

If you can't start FB again, there may be a file called settngs.xml.lock in the userdata/script.forum.browser or signals.lock in userdata/script.forum.browser/cache. Delete both of those and that should fix the problem, at least temporarily.

No probs with the logs at all. Thanks for the helpfull info.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-28

This is a test of a cool new version of WebViewer. Edit: It worked! Smile