Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-08

(2013-11-08, 19:19)hasselhof Wrote: Regarding latest posts, my Tapatalk phone app is the latest version for my old phone Blush
It has a button called 'latest', which you are correct, it points to a list of topics with recent unread posts.
Ok, I can add that. It should be too hard Smile
I should be able to handle the results just like 'Search Threads'.
(2013-11-08, 19:19)hasselhof Wrote: The Tapatalk databse description pane still has the typo 'Brows' see pic
Yeah v2.1.27 was already up when I fixed that, so it'll be in the next update.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-08

Could there be a global setting for picture downloads from all forums, not sure if it's possible ?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-08

(2013-11-08, 19:33)hasselhof Wrote: Could there be a global setting for picture downloads from all forums, not sure if it's possible ?
What do you mean exactly? Currently when you save an image, it saves the path you choose as the default for the next time (globally).
I am going to do something to allow you to change this either at save time or in the settings, because I noticed that XMBC wouldn't let me browse out of the Windows share I used for the last save.

BTW, I also found (and fixed) a bug causing it to fail to save some images because because of a forbidden error.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-08

PM Big Grin

v2.1.28 - ruuk - 2013-11-08

Version 2.1.28

Changes:
- Moved forum stats (and progress indicator to make room) on Light and Dark skins
- Stats and version now change between black/white on light/dark themes
- Now gets forum descriptions for Tapatalk API v4 forums (you need to specifically ask for it after v3)
- Workaround for ProBoards forums not properly reporting logged in status
- When saving an image it now asks if you want to use the default or change the path
- When exiting the dialog asking if you want to set a new image file name when the file name exists, it now aborts the save instead of saving
- Fix for some images not saving because of forbidden (403) errors
- Added a Settings:General option 'Use Default Image Save Path Without Asking'

On my REPO.

If anyone has any problems after this update with ProBoards forums not showing logged in status properly, let me know. I've gotten it working with the forums I've tried, but I'm not going to register with every ProBoards forum to test if it works universally Smile

v2.1.29 - ruuk - 2013-11-09

Version 2.1.29

Changes:
- Added a button on the forums window 'Unread Threads'

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-09

Hi ruuk,

V2.1.29

Forum stats looks great sitting at top of screen on both light / dark skins, thanks a lot pal.

The workaround for Proboards forums not properly logged in status is now working ok, no more asking for me to log in agian, thank you.

The setting option 'Use default image save path without asking' is working ok thank you, but it would be nice to have the option of renaming the image, only appear if it duplicates.

The unread threads button is working brilliantly, 100% true to the Tapatalk app, well done & thanks. You really know your stuff.

In XBMChub forum, the stats reports back that the online users is zero all the time, but as it's grabbing other forum stats for the XBMChub forum, it must be the XBMChub forum not offering the data of online users

I have discovered a new skin called Aeon MQ5 (available from the XBMC.org repo), it doesn't quite work 100% with Forum Browser, but the skin is awesome. Is there anything that you can do in regards with the keyboard, and a tiny amount of letters missing on some buttons see

Missing text on button
Missing text on buttons

I tried the Generic keyboard
and the Video keyboard

but both keyboards don't quite work, would this be best taken up with the skin developer ?.

Thanks again for a fantastic update. Big Grin
also the typo 'brows' is ok now thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-09

(2013-11-09, 19:22)hasselhof Wrote: The setting option 'Use default image save path without asking' is working ok thank you, but it would be nice to have the option of renaming the image, only appear if it duplicates.
Just added a settings option for the next update.
(2013-11-09, 19:22)hasselhof Wrote: In XBMChub forum, the stats reports back that the online users is zero all the time, but as it's grabbing other forum stats for the XBMChub forum, it must be the XBMChub forum not offering the data of online users
Yup. It doesn't even show on the main site. Normally FB will not show the stat in this case, but XBMCHub has the Tapatalk 'get_online_users' flag set to true (which isn't true either for the stat, or the list) so FB doesn't know the stat is wrong.
(2013-11-09, 19:22)hasselhof Wrote: I have discovered a new skin called Aeon MQ5 (available from the XBMC.org repo), it doesn't quite work 100% with Forum Browser, but the skin is awesome. Is there anything that you can do in regards with the keyboard, and a tiny amount of letters missing on some buttons see
Probably the skin sets a text offset default for buttons. I should be able to set my own text offset for the buttons which will override the skins default. I had a similar problem with Aeon Nox white theme setting the color constants 'white' and 'black' as black and white respectively. I had to change all those to FFFFFFFF and FF000000 in all my skins.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-09

Hasselhof: The Aeon MQ5 skin issue is the text offset, as I thought. Still gotta go through all the buttons, but it'll be fixed in the next update. When I first loaded that skin it froze my XBMC. Had to kill it, but it was fine on restart. It seems like a nice skin.

v2.1.30 - ruuk - 2013-11-10

Version 2.1.30

Changes:
- Added a Settings:General option 'Don't Ask For Image Filename When Saving'
- Fix for XBMC skins button offset messing with Forum Browser skins
- Fix for inital source when selecting a new path when saving an image

On my REPO.

Please me know of any buttons displaying improperly. I did a bunch of regex search replace so I may have missed something or messed something up Tongue

When selecting a new download path, you will get the sources defined in the file manager. If you want another source, you need to add it there.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-10

hi rruk

v2.1.30

The new setting 'Don't ask for filename when saving' works nicely now thanks, it only asks for a name if it duplicates thanks, but if you save an image from the left hidden menu it asks for a location each time.

All buttons so far seem to be fitting in the text ok, looking good in Aeon MQ5, thanks a bunch

Big Grin and the keyboard mod now works ok, perfect. I had to go into settings and manually apply the keyboard mod, maybe i'm getting confused and it only asks you to auto install the keyboard mod on intial skin instalation, Anyway it's all working perfectly now, I love the big typing area the keyboad mod provides throughout XBMC Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-10, 01:04)hasselhof Wrote: ...but if you save an image from the left hidden menu it asks for a location each time.
Do you mean the links list as opposed to the images list on the right, because whether it is a link image from the left or a normal image from the right, it's the same image viewer that opens. Or in other words, the same code is used whichever list you are saving from. I can't seem to make it behave in the way you're describing...

(2013-11-10, 01:29)hasselhof Wrote: I had to go into settings and manually apply the keyboard mod, maybe i'm getting confused and it only asks you to auto install the keyboard mod on intial skin instalation...
Well, there's a bit of code I can alter that triggers a skin mod re-install if your version is lower than the version I put. I didn't do that, but I guess I should have Smile
I'll put it in for the next version for other people to get updated.

If you save an image from post 892 of this thread (lefthand menu) it asks you for a location to save each picture, I think it's when web viewer is called to the screen.

Update - it seems to be working ok now, I'm sure it asked me a location each time when it wasn't duplicating the image, but when it is duplicating it says it is duplicating and I click ok, leave it with me & I will keep an eye on it.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-10, 01:39)hasselhof Wrote: If you save an image from post 892 of this thread (lefthand menu) it asks you for a location to save each picture, I think it's when web viewer is called to the screen.

Update - it seems to be working ok now, I'm sure it asked me a location each time when it wasn't duplicating the image, but when it is duplicating it says it is duplicating and I click ok, leave it with me & I will keep an eye on it.
Ok. Perhaps the first times you exited the browse dialog each time and the default never got set? I've just fixed something from the version you're using that I think would make it erase the saved path if you exited without setting a path. Once you actually set a path it wouldn't do it again, so that could describe what happened perhaps.