Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-10

Having that 'Latest Threads' button showed me how big all that XBMCHub drama has become Smile

v2.1.31 - ruuk - 2013-11-10

Version 2.1.31

Changes:
- When saving an image, exiting the browse dialog without selecting OK now aborts the save
- Fixed a bug causing default save location to be erased when aborting the browse menu
- Added version check to update skin mods for recent changes
- Them colors now carried through to threads/subscriptions window

On my REPO.

More theme carry through to come in the next update. I did all the work to make it easy to put the colors on any of the skin files by giving the skin access to a color property. Before I was setting the color for the images in the code, which meant I had to write code for setting the color for each window image that needed color which involved few steps each time. I guess no one needs quite all that information Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-09, 22:11)ruuk Wrote: Hasselhof: The Aeon MQ5 skin issue is the text offset, as I thought. Still gotta go through all the buttons, but it'll be fixed in the next update. When I first loaded that skin it froze my XBMC. Had to kill it, but it was fine on restart. It seems like a nice skin.

My XBMC froze as well.

(2013-11-10, 02:29)ruuk Wrote: Having that 'Latest Threads' button showed me how big all that XBMCHub drama has become Smile

Could you make a button to make it all better Tongue

Re: RE: v2.1.31 - hasselhof - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-10, 03:39)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.31

Changes:
- When saving an image, exiting the browse dialog without selecting OK now aborts the save
- Fixed a bug causing default save location to be erased when aborting the browse menu
- Added version check to update skin mods for recent changes
- Them colors now carried through to threads/subscriptions window

On my REPO.

More theme carry through to come in the next update. I did all the work to make it easy to put the colors on any of the skin files by giving the skin access to a color property. Before I was setting the color for the images in the code, which meant I had to write code for setting the color for each window image that needed color which involved few steps each time. I guess no one needs quite all that information Smile

Sounds like a good update, I will update later thanks.

v2.1.32 - ruuk - 2013-11-11

Version 2.1.32

Changes:
- Theme colors now carried up through message view on Light and Dark skins
- New shared activity spinner for Light and Dark skins

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-11, 02:54)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.32

Changes:
- Theme colors now carried up through message view on Light and Dark skins
- New shared activity spinner for Light and Dark skins

On my REPO.

ruuk,I've been away for a few days, birthday Smile. I think the colour theme carried across to evey page is great thank you.

The new activity icon is also good. What made you change it ?.

Thanks for the update.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 22:50)hasselhof Wrote: The new activity icon is also good. What made you change it ?.
Well, the icon on the other views was not color friendly. I would either have to change it to the same as the forums window or find a new one. I was never really happy with the one on the forums window, it is just an image using XBMC animation to rotate it. I prefer having an animated gif because the animation is more dynamic looking. The problem with animated gifs is that they don't do well with background color changes, not to mention that XBMC doesn't handle some animated gifs well. I finally found one that worked well with XBMC and I put it on top of a black circle to solve the background change problems.

While you've been away Smile I've been busy making a new skin that I hope will replace the current default. I think you will like it. In fact, I think you will be impressed. I might go so far as to say that you won't want to use another FB skin Big Grin
It will be ready to preview soon. I have the forums, threads, posts and message views mostly done. After I add a few more bits I'll post an update. This isn't just a theme change, it's a way more usable skin with a bunch of new features. I'll be ready for your feedback when I post the update. I'm sure there will be some things that need to be tweaked to be more friendly to people who didn't actually design the skin Wink

(2013-11-17, 23:11)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 22:50)hasselhof Wrote: The new activity icon is also good. What made you change it ?.
Well, the icon on the other views was not color friendly. I would either have to change it to the same as the forums window or find a new one. I was never really happy with the one on the forums window, it is just an image using XBMC animation to rotate it. I prefer having an animated gif because the animation is more dynamic looking. The problem with animated gifs is that they don't do well with background color changes, not to mention that XBMC doesn't handle some animated gifs well. I finally found one that worked well with XBMC and I put it on top of a black circle to solve the background change problems.

While you've been away Smile I've been busy making a new skin that I hope will replace the current default. I think you will like it. In fact, I think you will be impressed. I might go so far as to say that you won't want to use another FB skin Big Grin
It will be ready to preview soon. I have the forums, threads, posts and message views mostly done. After I add a few more bits I'll post an update. This isn't just a theme change, it's a way more usable skin with a bunch of new features. I'll be ready for your feedback when I post the update. I'm sure there will be some things that need to be tweaked to be more friendly to people who didn't actually design the skin Wink

OMG :o Another skin, I have a grin like an English Cheshire cat (Google it) waiting for this new skin.The queen is on standby, she has been most impressed so far Big Grin. It will take some expert skin coding to take me away from my fav light skin.Tongue

(2013-11-17, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: It will take some expert skin coding to take me away from my fav light skin.Tongue
I know Smile
Basically, If I can get you to switch (voluntarily Smile ), I plan on dumping the dark/light skins. I really think it is that much better. But you'll be able to judge for yourself soon...

(2013-11-17, 23:49)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 23:44)hasselhof Wrote: It will take some expert skin coding to take me away from my fav light skin.Tongue
I know Smile
Basically, If I can get you to switch (voluntarily Smile ), I plan on dumping the dark/light skins. I really think it is that much better. But you'll be able to judge for yourself soon...

Roll back, roll back. Atleast I have roll back to keep my beloved 'light skin'
Any clue on what the new skin looks like ?.

(2013-11-17, 23:58)hasselhof Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 23:49)ruuk Wrote:
I know Smile
You'll just have to wait...

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-17, 23:59)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 23:49)ruuk Wrote: I know Smile

(2013-11-17, 23:59)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-11-17, 23:49)ruuk Wrote: I know Smile

Hahaha I'm off to bed now but keep tapping on that keyboard for the completion of the new skin. I look forward to it, thanks.

v2.1.33 - ruuk - 2013-11-18

Version 2.1.33

Changes:
- Preview of new 'Sequel' skin

On my REPO.

Apart from the obvious differences you will notice on the main views, there are three buttons on the right of the menu bar. In order they hide the header, toggle dark/light and open additional settings (at present this has the option to set a background image), Each of these are view specific, so you can customize each view individually. On the message view image list, click an image to toggle on/off the image preview.

Videos are now shown with the images and links that point to an image are also show with the images, though they also show in the links menu.

This is still a work in progress, so things may change or be added some and some things aren't finished. Please let me know what you think and feel free to give me any feedback regarding usability issues and such.

v2.1.34 - ruuk - 2013-11-18

Version 2.1.34

Changes:
- Implemented setting background image fade with slider dialog in Sequel skin

On my REPO.

Just a little update to finish the setting background images bit for the Sequel skin. This adds a dialog to allow you to fade the background image for best visibility of the interface.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 01:28)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.33

Changes:
- Preview of new 'Sequel' skin

On my REPO.

Apart from the obvious differences you will notice on the main views, there are three buttons on the right of the menu bar. In order they hide the header, toggle dark/light and open additional settings (at present this has the option to set a background image), Each of these are view specific, so you can customize each view individually. On the message view image list, click an image to toggle on/off the image preview.

Videos are now shown with the images and links that point to an image are also show with the images, though they also show in the links menu.

This is still a work in progress, so things may change or be added some and some things aren't finished. Please let me know what you think and feel free to give me any feedback regarding usability issues and such.

Hi ruuk

I really like the new 'Sequeal' wip skin, it will be my new skin of choice Smile

You've presented the forums almost like they are in a browser, with great use of text size & bold lettering, looks brilliant you were right I do really like it.
Some of the things I like are the new logged in icon with the shiny top, the last post indicator,the three new buttons, the light switch is great,I will have some fun putting some backgrounds on. I like the 'No links' slide out from the left hidden menu, all the avatars look nice clear and big.

When previewing images in post view, pressing left keeps you continually focused on the thumbnails, pressing right after you've get to the last preview image jumps onto the three new buttons, could the focus be kept on the preview thumbnails, continually rolling round the preview images. Then to get to the three button press up ?.

What I would like if it's possible / no trouble, when you get time is to be able to add things like 'Subscriptions' folder to XBMC favs, and add individual forums to XBMC favs, this would be useful for sub menus in skins like Aeon Nox.

Thanks very much for the new skin, & I will continue to check it out.