Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

v2.1.42 - ruuk - 2013-12-02

Version 2.1.42

Changes:
- Fixed a decoding error when editing the forum settings of forums with non-ascii descriptions
- Main progress bar now fades out when hiding
- Removed the Dark and Light skins

On my REPO.

Hasselhof: If you'd like to say a few words about the deceased, that would be appropriate Smile

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-02

My old light skin was a great friend to me, always there for me, we fell out a couple of times and I tried both the dark skin & video skin but my old friend 'light skin' always stood by me, he was a true friend till the end. Then came 'Sequel' skin a great mix of elements from all the skins mixed together, a new friendship was started & so a new chapter in Forum browser history. Light skin will always be remembered for getting the job done no fuss. Now lets see if I can test the new friendship of 'Sequel' to breaking point hahahaha

v2.1.43 - ruuk - 2013-12-03

Version 2.1.43

Changes:
- Sequel skin: Changed the forum settings dialog - moving it to the left and making it larger
- Sequel skin: Improved visibility of activity text in posts list

On my REPO.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-03

Been very busy of late, but will try to set aside some time this weekend to fully check out everything. I'm liking what I'm seeing very much so far. What is the half screen blank area for in the forum view ie first screen you see on start up ?.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-12-04

(2013-12-03, 08:20)hasselhof Wrote: What is the half screen blank area for in the forum view ie first screen you see on start up ?.

What do you mean? What blank area?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-05

Hi ruuk, did some more testing tonight using v2.1.43 on xbmcbuntu, with Aeon Nox skin.

Everything so far is really working nice, I really like this 'Sequel' skin.

This is the white area I was talking about, is it by design or should the threads be right at the top ?.

The threads in this screenshot are all in capitals which looks really effective, can this be done for xbmc.org, & xbmct*lk as well or is this how it's fetched from the website.

In the 'unread threads window you get some 'last post' info see screenshot which is nice,
but on the 'posts view' there is no 'last post' info see screenshot, is it possible to add it ?.

There is no header description in the subscription window see screenshot & should the create thread button be there ?.

I'm using the Aeon Nox skin which somewhere inside this skin (I think) it has this lovley mottled effect overlay which I can't find the actual file, but looks really cool, see screenshot. I would love to be able to use this as an all over effect ie on every screen, just to see what it looks like. It only appears sometimes for example when clicking search as in screenshot. I don't know if you can find it for me to try ?. but only if you still have Aeon Nox skin installed Smile

The colour changer is very comprehensive & works very well indeed as you can see from my screenshots. Its so much easier to use now you have added the six starting point colours. It works really well.

I like the forum manager new menu, the whole arrangement of the skin is very smooth, I like the red line to delete a local forum. The forums database is really neat as well, the new forum icons look great.

I've added quite a few different forums and they all worked no problems

Thanks very much for all the updates, I will take another close look tomorrow and feedback any findings.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-12-06

Starting a 4 day visit to friends today, so I'm on my phone.
The blank space is because I'm using a fixed list. The focused item is at a fixed location and the list moves. This is the only way to have a list that can change view size and still keep the selection visible.
The caps are fetched that way from the site. They most likely are the same as the webpage.
FB puts all the info it can in the threads list. Tapatalk doesn't always provide the info in some instances for some reason.
The idea on the windows was to replace the label with an icon. I realize the icons aren't great. I plan to find better ones, but it may still be a good idea to at least have the subscriptions window labeled if not others.
I knew the Aeon Nox effect you were talking about even before the screenshot, it caught my eye when testing with the skin. Maybe I could let the user set an overlay with adjustable transparency. I'll think about it. And yes I can get that image. The Sequel skin menu bar (which is also the background to a few of the dialogs) was stolen from Aeon Nox Smile

By the way, what do you think about moving the FB settings to the new icon that's used for the skin settings, and having it at the top of that list. This would clean up the forums view buttons a little and also give access to the settings from every view.
The idea came to me because I keep accidentally clicking the icon when I want to open the FB settings Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: Starting a 4 day visit to friends today, so I'm on my phone.

Hope you enjoy your break away, from the screen Smile, by the way your new 3d tv setup sounds amazing, you have a lot of platforms now.

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: The blank space is because I'm using a fixed list. The focused item is at a fixed location and the list moves. This is the only way to have a list that can change view size and still keep the selection visible.

Not a problem at all, it doesn't look out of place, it just looked different to the light skin at first. Now I understand.

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: The caps are fetched that way from the site. They most likely are the same as the webpage.

Just checked & as you say they are exactly as on the website, as are the other two forums I mentioned ie exactly the same as on the website.

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: FB puts all the info it can in the threads list. Tapatalk doesn't always provide the info in some instances for some reason.

Again not a problem, just an observation.

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: The idea on the windows was to replace the label with an icon. I realize the icons aren't great. I plan to find better ones, but it may still be a good idea to at least have the subscriptions window labeled if not others.

I actually like the threads & posts icons in top lefthand corner, It would look better also with a text description.

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: I knew the Aeon Nox effect you were talking about even before the screenshot, it caught my eye when testing with the skin. Maybe I could let the user set an overlay with adjustable transparency. I'll think about it. And yes I can get that image. The Sequel skin menu bar (which is also the background to a few of the dialogs) was stolen from Aeon Nox Smile

If you decide to go ahead & allow the user to set an overlay with adjustable transparency, I would really look forward to trying it out.

(2013-12-06, 01:44)ruuk Wrote: By the way, what do you think about moving the FB settings to the new icon that's used for the skin settings, and having it at the top of that list. This would clean up the forums view buttons a little and also give access to the settings from every view.
The idea came to me because I keep accidentally clicking the icon when I want to open the FB settings Smile

I know what you mean about the settings button, I personally don't have that problem, but what I think would be a really good idea is to have the addon settings and skin settings on a context menu, out the way, but at the same time only one click away at every view. Again this might be out of the realms of a program addon, as with favourites.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-08

When in 'subcriptions' or 'unread threads' the tapatalk info scraped for 'started by' seems to be incorrect, it reports the started by info the same as the last poster. For example it states that I started the Forum Browser thread just because I was the last poster. Ifyou go into a thread which is from main screen ie not 'subscriptions' or 'unread threads' the tapatalk info scraped is correct.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-08

Would it be possible to set a place at the bottom of the list of posts / threads for a next page & previous page so for example post 21 would be 'next page'. Currently you have to press five times from the righthand side of screen, & three press from the left of the screen to get to the next page icon.

It's great with tired eyes to be able to switch of the lights. Great feature works well.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-12-09

(2013-12-08, 22:27)hasselhof Wrote: When in 'subcriptions' or 'unread threads' the tapatalk info scraped for 'started by' seems to be incorrect, it reports the started by info the same as the last poster. For example it states that I started the Forum Browser thread just because I was the last poster. Ifyou go into a thread which is from main screen ie not 'subscriptions' or 'unread threads' the tapatalk info scraped is correct.
I've noticed that in the past. That's the way FB gets the info from the Tapatalk API. I don't think it happens on all forums.
I might double check to make sure I'm not doing something wrong with that, or if there is a workaround I can put it in.
(2013-12-08, 22:38)hasselhof Wrote: Would it be possible to set a place at the bottom of the list of posts / threads for a next page & previous page so for example post 21 would be 'next page'. Currently you have to press five times from the righthand side of screen, & three press from the left of the screen to get to the next page icon.
That's actually something I've thought about doing recently. I'll probably add it.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-12

Big Grin Happy Birthday Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-12-12

(2013-12-12, 10:20)hasselhof Wrote: Big Grin Happy Birthday Wink

I am now firmly entrenched in my forties, whereas before I could pretend I just got here Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-12-12

(2013-12-12, 21:18)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 10:20)hasselhof Wrote: Big Grin Happy Birthday Wink

I am now firmly entrenched in my forties, whereas before I could pretend I just got here Smile

Snap Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-12-13

Well, all my addons are updated for Gotham. I'm ready to turn my attention back to Forum Browser Smile

I think I'll make a few small changes (such as next/previous paging from the threads/posts list) and then push a 3.0 version to the official repo.