Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-02-18

(2014-02-18, 21:57)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk i've done a complete uninstall forum browser and all modules and reinstalled forum browser and all of its models but web viewer doesn't seem to download. I get forum browser and password storage but no web viewer

See if you can get it now. I've changed to using a script that updates my repo with all my addons when I run it. The problem was that the addon.xml file was set to the version on the main repo, but the local .zip only went up to the last private repo version, which was older. I'll have to watch out for that Smile

You may need to get it by installing it specifically. If it still doesn't work, I'll up the version and put it on the repo.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-02-18

Hi ruuk i deleted all zip files and unnstalled everything then reinstalled everything this time it worked fine, password storage and web viewer came down ok when clicking to install forum. Thanks.

Hi ruuk tried clicking on the youtube browser but it's not working see Log

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-02-18

By the way, I'm going to change the default behavior of the password storage module to store the key to disk by default when using the internal keyring. The user can always change it in settings later if they want more secure password storage, and it's less confusing I think.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-02-18

Just in case you missed it i've updated my last post

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-02-19

(2014-02-18, 23:32)hasselhof Wrote: Just in case you missed it i've updated my last post

I'm pretty sure I know what the bug is. A fix will be on the way...

v2.1.49 - ruuk - 2014-02-19

Version 2.1.49

Changes:
- YouTube: Added authorization in forum settings
- YouTube: Added the ability to post and delete comments
- YouTube: Fix for errors when trying to add channels

On my REPO.

hasselhof: This should fix the issue

v2.1.50 - ruuk - 2014-02-20

Version 2.1.50

Changes:
- Play YouTube video internally

On my REPO.

hasselhof: Try this version with YouTube video. I've bypassed the YouTube plugin for playing video and handle it from Forum Browser.

Re: RE: v2.1.49 - hasselhof - 2014-02-20

(2014-02-19, 01:55)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.49

Changes:
- YouTube: Added authorization in forum settings
- YouTube: Added the ability to post and delete comments
- YouTube: Fix for errors when trying to add channels

On my REPO.

hasselhof: This should fix the issue

This update went someway to fixing my youtube problem. For the most I could play the previously mentioned video's but still froze machine 50% of the time. I had "Hide overlay" (first setting ticked) when I unchecked it I had much more success. This setting when ticked definitely freezes my machine every time. But there is nothing in log. I will try your next update later this evening. Thanks. I have 4gb ram.

The youtube browser works a treat again thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-02-20

(2014-02-20, 08:23)hasselhof Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 01:55)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.49

This update went someway to fixing my youtube problem. For the most I could play the previously mentioned video's but still froze machine 50% of the time. I had "Hide overlay" (first setting ticked) when I unchecked it I had much more success. This setting when ticked definitely freezes my machine every time. But there is nothing in log. I will try your next update later this evening. Thanks. I have 4gb ram.

The youtube browser works a treat again thanks.

Well it definitely shouldn't be a memory issue.
If I understand your message correctly you haven't tested 2.1.50 yet. Hopefully that fixes the freezing. Of course, even if it does, that doesn't really tell us why it was freezing in the first place Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-02-20

Yeah I haven't tried v2.1.50 yet. I will try it later. Thanks

(2014-02-20, 00:51)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.50

Changes:
- Play YouTube video internally

On my REPO.

hasselhof: Try this version with YouTube video. I've bypassed the YouTube plugin for playing video and handle it from Forum Browser.

Hi ruuk, this version works perfectly on all Youtube videos Big Grin. I like the way you can see all the comments, forum fashion.
I had a good go with the Youtube browser adding a few channels, playing a few videos, just took a general look around, with nothing in mind, but
there were a few errors popping here and there. I didn't takes notes like normal, as didn't have all that much time, but rather than discard the
log here it is. I added Vevo channel and because I think I am geo blocked in UK the videos didn't play, just
like the stand alone Youtube add-on, but there is a fix somewhere in the .org thread for the stand alone version.
After the failed playing of Vevo channel videos I tried to add a few
of my favourite channels via the Youtube browser which said they were added ok one after the other ,then when backing out of the Youtube browser to try
to select one of the newly added channels a message popped up saying "Broken forum file for: Youtube.Just_For_Laughs_Gags was deleted.As I recall The screen went blank when I clicked ok on the error message. See Picture. Maybe the non playing video created problems.

This update has fixed Youtube video playback that I had lost for the best part of six months so thank you very much. With the introduction of the Youtube Channel browser you are bound to get little niggles here & there, overall I'm very pleased with this release. Well done.Rofl

v2.1.51 - ruuk - 2014-02-20

Version 2.1.51

Changes:
- Added 'Play YouTube Videos Internally' to Settings:Video (default: True)
- Added 'Max Video Quality' subsetting
- Fixed some language string spellings (British English)
- YouTube: Added the ability to view favorites via 'Subscriptions'
- YouTube: Now gets correct video author (Started By: ) and correct avatar for the video description post
- Fixed sorting on the forums manager
- YouTube: Added the ability to view subscriptions as a category when adding new channels

On my REPO.

(2014-02-20, 22:56)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.51

Changes:
- YouTube: Now gets correct video author (Started By: ) and correct avatar for the video description post

On my REPO.

Thanks for the update I will test tomorrow, looks good Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-02-20

(2014-02-20, 23:01)hasselhof Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 22:56)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.51

Changes:

On my REPO.

Thanks for the update I will test tomorrow, looks good Cool
This will fix some of the errors you mentioned from the previous version. Others I'll have to check on.
On an interesting note, I think I see what may have been causing the initial crashing problem. There is an error that happens when you try to play some videos, and I think that for some reason when it happened when passing the ID to the youtube addon it caused the crash. I don't know why the error would cause the crash, but it's in the the right place timing wise.

Forgot this change item: YouTube: Added the ability to view subscriptions as a category when adding new channels
Edited the version post.

For the ability to add channels from your subscriptions you need to authorize Forum Browser with YouTube. This is also true for adding and deleting comments.
You can do this from the forum settings for a YouTube channel. There is an 'Authorize' button. Once done on the settings for one channel, it will be authorized for all channels.

v2.1.52 - ruuk - 2014-02-21

Version 2.1.52

Changes:
- Fix for errors with some videos
- Fix for occasional errors getting comments
- Now shows number of comments and views for channels when available

On my REPO.

hasselhof: This should fix your errors. I'm sure you'll find more Smile