Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-07-29

(2014-07-29, 19:24)pvagner Wrote: a few days ago I was trying forum browser addon. And I think I have discovered a version miss match or something being slightly broken in your repository Ruuk.
Your repository does not offer youtube.dl addon for installation and while trying to download forum browser addon it can't be installed because of missing dependencies. Forum browser started working for me after I have manually downloaded and installed youtube.dl.

Thanks for the heads up. There was an issue. It's fixed now.

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-07-29

(2014-07-29, 19:24)pvagner Wrote: a few days ago I was trying forum browser addon. And I think I have discovered a version miss match or something being slightly broken in your repository Ruuk.
Your repository does not offer youtube.dl addon for installation and while trying to download forum browser addon it can't be installed because of missing dependencies. Forum browser started working for me after I have manually downloaded and installed youtube.dl.

Same for me. Had to install youtube.dl manually first then all was ok. Couldn't see youtube.dl it in your repo.

I will try again now.

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-07-29

Gotham v13.1 openelec v 4.07, confluence skin.
I did a fresh install of forum browser and dependencies

All working perfectly, it pulled youtube-dl" version="14.624.0. Gave it a bit of a test run, I've included log for you to see.

log

Thank you

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-08-14

Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVv9dx88x0

v2.1.66 - ruuk - 2014-10-02

Version 2.1.65 - 2.1.66

Changes:
  • Fixed: If keyboard mod becomes removed externally (i.e. skin upgrade) the addon would ask if you wanted to re-install it even after you said no
  • Now requires Gotham
  • Updated language strings
  • Use notifications for internal signal handling
  • Update module requirements to new versions

On my REPO.

Didn't mean to post 2.1.65 as I hadn't tested yet, and of course I found a bug. So that's why there's the two versions in a row.

I want to submit this to the official repo, so now is the time to let me know of any issues Smile
Thanks.

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-10-03

Hi ruuk did you know in the settings when you click help nothing happens ?.
Using Kodi alpha 4
V 2.1.66

Re: RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-10-03

(2014-10-03, 18:56)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk did you know in the settings when you click help nothing happens ?.
Using Kodi alpha 4

I'll check it out.

v2.1.67 - ruuk - 2014-10-04

Version 2.1.67

Changes:
  • Fix for action items in settings not functioning on Helix builds (ex. help buttons)

On my REPO.

For some reason Helix is requiring a setting ID for settings that are actions, which was not previously the case. I think this is actually a bug, so I'll report it. In any case, I added ID's and they work now.

v2.1.68 - ruuk - 2014-10-04

Version 2.1.68

Changes:
  • Fixed an error in settings.xml causing settings to be unable to open

On my REPO.

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2014-10-05

(2014-10-04, 22:27)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.67

Changes:
  • Fix for action items in settings not functioning on Helix builds (ex. help buttons)

On my REPO.

For some reason Helix is requiring a setting ID for settings that are actions, which was not previously the case. I think this is actually a bug, so I'll report it. In any case, I added ID's and they work now.

All working thanks Big Grin

(2014-10-04, 22:50)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.68

Changes:
  • Fixed an error in settings.xml causing settings to be unable to open

On my REPO.

Thanks for the update Cool

I have exhausted xbmc v13.2 FB v 2.1.68 on openelec, could not find any problems, really solid. Thanks

I've read somewhere today that Helix aplha 4 is causing quite a few addon problems, might be wise to wait for the beta's before modding your code Confused
If you are interested when using Helix alpha 4 on windows the help buttons all work. I seem to have been logged out some how, and I can't log back in, ie no subscription button and no green logged in button, it seems not to record my password when I type it in, but username stays visible, also when trying to type in my username the keyboard is blank just the word 'DONE' and the rest are blank squares. I will try to load in the keyboard mod etc. and report back.

RE: Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2014-10-05

One of the major problems is missing dependencies. I had to install the requests2 module manually. This wouldn't be a problem if you were upgrading and it was already installed.

I re-applied the font & confluence keyboard mods but still blank keyboard, ie no abc etc . Do you see this ?.

(2014-10-05, 19:36)hasselhof Wrote: I re-applied the font & confluence keyboard mods but still blank keyboard, ie no abc etc . Do you see this ?.

It seems to be the same on my Linux build. It appears they have changed all the button ID's. I assume it is because they have added International keyboard layouts. It looks like the new keyboard has more keys, and only uses the ones it needs for the current language. I'll have to update the keyboard eventually, but I suggest you use the normal one for now on Helix.

(2014-10-05, 19:31)hasselhof Wrote: I have exhausted xbmc v13.2 FB v 2.1.68 on openelec, could not find any problems, really solid. Thanks
Thanks for that. I guess I can submit it to the official repo soon.
(2014-10-05, 19:31)hasselhof Wrote: I seem to have been logged out some how, and I can't log back in, ie no subscription button and no green logged in button, it seems not to record my password when I type it in, but username stays visible,
On my Linux build I was able to set my username and password, and it logged me in fine, but neither the username or the password show up in the settings dialog. There is some sort of skin formatting issue because if I make the username long enough, the left side of it will show up all the way on the right of the dialog. It probably has something to do with the labels being right aligned, as it looks like when I do get the text to show up, it is aligned in the same place, but goes right instead of left.

Are you sure it's not recording your password, or is it just not displaying?

Just did a search and found this, which explains what I'm seeing:

Quote:2014-05-23 label alignment change inside containers

for labels inside containers, <left> will now always mean the left side of the control.
previously, for labels that are center or right aligned, left meant the center / right side of the control.