Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-09

Swifty Wrote:Is there any hope to getting basic PVR support with this skin ?

I'm absolutely loving the screenshots, but use the PVR branch so won't be able to use the Welo goodness otherwise Sad

Not to begin with, however yes for the future. It's looking like PVR won't even be in Eden so there's a while before it's basically a must.

Sorry! Wink

- Swifty - 2011-01-10

NP, I appreciate it's not high on the list of priorities Smile

Maybe I'll have to bodge some basic PVR support into it once it's released Wink

- The-Boxhead - 2011-01-10

my two cents about fanart diffuse... drop it - it doesn't look good.
Better to leave that for modders l8r.

Keep it pro looking and uncluttered, please dont add to much stuff on the screens, when browsing movies who keeps track of 10 mediaflags, ratings , actors, directors all at one time ? No keep details for the infoscreen.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-10

Looks like the overriding feeling regarding fullscreen fanart is a no. So i'll leave it for a mod. Less work for me! Big Grin Laugh

- artik - 2011-01-10

DPickles Wrote:Here's what I was talking about earlier. Mind you this was just quickly thrown together.

Outstanding DPickles, amazing mockup !

- emal011 - 2011-01-10

I hope that this skin bring some new music view... the rest of all, i like it!

- fr500 - 2011-01-12

Hey where can i find the prerelease ppl seems to be using? Awesome work btw

- ZombieRobot - 2011-01-12

cant wait to do some mods on this skin

- nvaia - 2011-01-12

fr500 Wrote:Hey where can i find the prerelease ppl seems to be using? Awesome work btw

http://www.mediafire.com/?4y4956rz6k7gvjy

- Hiram - 2011-01-13

Out of curiosity, how much of the skin is left? After looking at that pre-release, it feels as though it's nearly complete. I haven't looked into it too much though.

- filigran - 2011-01-13

Hiram Wrote:Out of curiosity, how much of the skin is left? After looking at that pre-release, it feels as though it's nearly complete. I haven't looked into it too much though.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-13

Home, Movies, TV Shows, and Music were well on the way to being complete.

Pictures, Favourites, Weather, Apps, Settings screens, Add-ons, Profiles, and Player Controls, plus other small things were still Alaska Revisited. Also, menus and dialogues needed sorting.

Based on the above assessment, i'd say the skin was maybe 40% complete. That's a rough guess and hitcher probably knows better, so don't hold me to it!

I'm still working my way through the list! Haven't a clue when i'll be finished!! Wink

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-13

liquidskin76 Wrote:Pictures, Favourites, Weather, Apps, Settings screens, Add-ons, Profiles, and Player Controls, plus other small things were still Alaska Revisited.

I'm really curious as to how many people thought the skin was nearly complete, and thought that the Alaska Revisited parts were actually Welo screens? Huh

When Welo is finished, it will be 100% Welo. For example...

Settings screens from the incomplete Welo release...

New settings screens (90% complete. There's a few things that will change)...

Cheers

- Hiram - 2011-01-13

Ah! Well, I didn't check out anything but TV shows and Movies, which explains why I thought that it was quite complete, haha. Really good though!

Would you consider putting this up on github, or something similar? That way we can check out how it's going ourselves without having to bother you. Makes collaboration easier too.

Also, if there's anything you guys need help with programming wise, I'd be happy to chip in if you want the help. I really love this skin, and I can't wait to see it reach completion.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-13

It was 100% functional but of 90 odd XML files I'd say only about 10% were fully Welo.