Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-24

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to throw this one out to the community to help me sort!

I'm looking for a killer icon set (free) to use. Ideally it wants to be as high res as possible (512x512), and it wants to be a complete matching set. It also wants to fit in well with the shelf design of the skin and the colour scheme.

The following icons are required...

Home screen

Movies
TV Shows
Videos
Music
Pictures
Weather (Single icon for home screen. I'll use xbmc's default set for the weather screen)
Apps/Add-Ons
Favourites
Settings
Shutdown

Settings screen

Add-Ons
Network
System
Appearance
Skin

Some icons i can reuse, like home screen videos icon can be used again for settings screen videos icon.

Either post or pm me screens or download links.

You're a good bunch you know! Wink Big Grin

[EDIT:] If anyone wants to help out and design a custom icon set, feel free!

[EDIT:] I might be on to something...

[EDIT:] Yep, i think i've sorted it! Don't worry for now. Wink

- DPickles - 2011-01-24

liquidskin76 Wrote:[EDIT:] If anyone wants to help out and design a custom icon set, feel free!

[EDIT:] I might be on to something...

[EDIT:] Yep, i think i've sorted it! Don't worry for now. Wink

LOL!

Do you really need them for MOVIES, TV & MUSIC? I thought that it showed the "recently added" items by default? Or would this icons go next to them or replace the text? Sorry, just having trouble trying to visualize it.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-24

There's an option to disable/hide recently added or random movies, tv episodes, and songs, so the icons appear then in place off. For the other sections (videos, pictures, etc) the icons are always visible.

I've sorted the icons for the time being. What i've made up i think fits really well, plus will be unique to Welo.

I'll try post a video soon of the home screen, recently added / random, and icons in action.

Cheers

- DPickles - 2011-01-25

liquidskin76 Wrote:There's an option to disable/hide recently added or random movies, tv episodes, and songs, so the icons appear then in place off. For the other sections (videos, pictures, etc) the icons are always visible.

I've sorted the icons for the time being. What i've made up i think fits really well, plus will be unique to Welo.

I'll try post a video soon of the home screen, recently added / random, and icons in action.

Cheers

Ah, that makes sense now. I just couldn't imagine why someone would want to disable/hide those. Sounds like a good alternative though.

Can't wait to see any updates you provide!

- vanOert - 2011-01-25

I have put a folder for XBMC related stuff on my private ftp since gollumscave needed hosting for his user guide. I have uploaded your version from mediafire, it is accessible at http://xbmc.x0n.de - If you have any objections at all drop me a pn or post here, I will take it down immediately. If you want ftp access, drop me a pn. Right? :-)

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-25

Here's the finished icons...

(click on image to see in 1280x720)

Anyone who says no likey will be in my bad books!!

- ppic - 2011-01-25

good seeing

Would you believe me if i said the icons were originally pink jelly style! God bless photoshop!

- dons - 2011-01-25

i love this skin so much Smile Great work! I'm checking the forums every hour to look if there is a beta Blush

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-25

Sorry liquid but I honestly do not like the icons at all. Are they to replace the movie posters as originally intended or is that an optional extra?

I know that the whole skin is ruined if the latest added are replaced with icons, it just not look right at all.

I hope that the icons are able to turn off and you have the movie posters available.

Regards

Mark

Hey Mark,

See my earlier post (below) regarding recently added / random items and icon behaviour. No they are not a replacement. They appear in place of if recently added / random items is disabled. Remember it was Welo's vision to have an icon option, he just hadn't got round to designing them.

Can you give me some pointers as to what you don't like about them?

Cheers

liquidskin76 Wrote:There's an option to disable/hide recently added or random movies, tv episodes, and songs, so the icons appear then in place off. For the other sections (videos, pictures, etc) the icons are always visible.

Cheers

- nvaia - 2011-01-25

MarkTaunton Wrote:Sorry liquid but I honestly do not like the icons at all. Are they to replace the movie posters as originally intended or is that an optional extra?

I know that the whole skin is ruined if the latest added are replaced with icons, it just not look right at all.

I hope that the icons are able to turn off and you have the movie posters available.

Regards

Mark

These icons are very nice, and you did a great job. As long as the original, recently added, posters are available, if we so choose, I say excellent job.

Anxiously awaiting this beta.

There will be a few options you'll be able to choose in skin settings...

- (default) Recently Added or Random for Movies, TVShows, Music, and icons on videos, pictures, etc.

- Just recently added or random (icons disabled)

- Just icons (recently added or random disabled)

- Both recently addded or random and icons disabled (so nothing but text)

That everyones wishes are fulfilled.

Again, i want to stress that i'm not messing with welo. I'm just trying to fill in the missing design pieces. Wink

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-25

The icons themselves are ok (ish) but they look out of my place in my point of view. The space between the whole thing is too vast.

I just do not think that the icons suit the skin at all. I have for example painted a room red and then think ok it is a good job, but then I realised that I made a mistake and blue would be better.

Personally I hate the icons full stop and prefer the posters, but as they currently are, it all just makes the skin look too dark.

The icons if they do have to stay (spits) need some colour and filling out more.

I honestly do not think that icons work with this skin.

Regards

Mark