Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-28

Yeah, those headphones look great. @natew... can you pm me the psd. Thanks!

I'm grabing some of these pictures so keep them coming. Lets see how it goes. If i don't go picture/icon free, then credit will be given to all those who provide pics that get used! Nod

Excellent work everyone, thanks for your help. Wink Can you find some for favourites, settings, shutdown, etc. Lets try and fill in the missing pieces.

- pettson3816 - 2011-01-28

natew Wrote:Hope this isn't getting flooded with mockups but since k271's are the most commonly used headphones in studios they make a great generic icon.

Masked them out and added a quick shadow:

If you want to use them for an icon let me know and I'll send the psd your way.

edit: What's a few more seconds? Here's a png if anyone wants it.

Looking goooood!

- Japaja - 2011-01-28

@natew
I think those fit perfectly and the shadow helps a lot. Smile Can u do a camera mock-up for pictures?

@liquidskin76
What do u think of an idea using something like these guys or something else instead of the boring TV screen for movies?

How can I get in on beta testing? - bluedevil229 - 2011-01-30

I see some guys commenting on actual activity with this skin. It looks great in screenshots. LEMME IN!Big Grin

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-01-30

bluedevil229 Wrote:I see some guys commenting on actual activity with this skin. It looks great in screenshots. LEMME IN!Big Grin

Afaik, It's done, when it's done.... , oh and no eta yet. :-)

- Hiram - 2011-01-30

bluedevil229 Wrote:I see some guys commenting on actual activity with this skin. It looks great in screenshots. LEMME IN!Big Grin

http://www.mediafire.com/?4y4956rz6k7gvjy

- vanOert - 2011-01-30

There are some download-links in this thread... Just look back a couple of pages.

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-30

Japaja Wrote:@natew
I think those fit perfectly and the shadow helps a lot. Smile Can u do a camera mock-up for pictures?

@liquidskin76
What do u think of an idea using something like these guys or something else instead of the boring TV screen for movies?

I like this one as it adds colour to the skin.

Nice to see though that everyone seems to be doing mock ups with writing more central rather than up the top and leaving a huge gap.

Let's hope that this is how it is in the final version.

- DPickles - 2011-01-30

MarkTaunton Wrote:I like this one as it adds colour to the skin.

Nice to see though that everyone seems to be doing mock ups with writing more central rather than up the top and leaving a huge gap.

Let's hope that this is how it is in the final version.

Haha, I like it where it is actually. Besides,I thought everyone had a problem with not sticking to welo's vision?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-30

Remember, thats not a beta. It's not even an alpha. It was a work in progress from before i picked up development, so part Welo, part Alaska revisited, and it's incomplete. However, enjoy whats there. It gives you small taste of whats to come!

The official alpha/beta will be out when i've finished! Big Grin Wink And before you ask, i don't know when that will be! It's a tricky one to estimate as there is so much work that goes into a skin, plus you're doing it in your own time, when you get the time.

Hopefully it will be out by 2015...only joking! Wink

More help equals faster release... - michaeldecharon - 2011-01-30

liquidskin76,

If you can give us the extracted files from Textures.xbt we can all pertisapate to make this skin the best skin for XBMC.

I think there are a lot of people with great graphicskills en codingskills.

For me, i'm more a trail and error dude...

The last couple a weeks i'm also trying to complete Welo's Skin to my needs.
So i'm looking forward to the final outcome of your Welo Skin, so i can merge the best things of both worlds to one excelent skin that fit my needs.

Maybe there are other people with the same idea, so together we can speed things up and come with some awsome concepts...

For example, i am thinking of a weatherscreen (Welo Extreme) on the homescreen that displays one of the four seasons like a theme. Lets say it's winter, then there is a little snow on the bookshell combining this with a live weather icon for the Home_Pictures_Icon on the weatherscreen makes it complete...

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-30

Why not wait till liquid has released the skin then hack it and release as you see fit. It would be good if every skinner had help to speed up the process, but having two delevopments is always a bad thing.

Liquid was kind enough to pick up the baton on this project, so maybe it would be good to allow him to finish in his image, and then have people hack and modify.

Just my view.

- michaeldecharon - 2011-01-30

MarkTaunton Wrote:Why not wait till liquid has released the skin then hack it and release as you see fit. It would be good if every skinner had help to speed up the process, but having two delevopments is always a bad thing.

Liquid was kind enough to pick up the baton on this project, so maybe it would be good to allow him to finish in his image, and then have people hack and modify.

Just my view.

I understand your view...

But waiting till Liquid is ready can put other designers on a hold, we only can proseed when the skin is being released and that will increase the releasetime.

The purpase of joining forces is to speed up things and learn from each other.

Beside that, maybe Liquid can come up with some other good ideas when looking at other suggestions during his building of the skin...

It's only a suggestion...

By all means work on your own version for your own needs (it's a free world!!), however please don't release on the forum!! The last thing we want is different versions of Welo floating about! Best to have one official version, then mods.

Everyone be patient, Welo will arrive when it's ready. It will rock, I promise!

MarkTaunton Wrote:Liquid was kind enough to pick up the baton on this project, so maybe it would be good to allow him to finish in his image

Remember, it's Welo image! I'm just working from his general idea. Everything will follow the lead he set out from his mockups. Wink