Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- loggio - 2010-11-15

I dont understand you hitcher... You release to the public because u dont want to code it. And then you say, things like ' i dont think these were his intentions.

sounds like you're still attached to this skin and if you cannot let go, should either stick to it or keep clear. The design is out of the makers hands now, sadly.

It will never ever turn out the way it was intended. Something we'll have to accept.

Sorry if i come off rude... I just dont know how to put it.

- FourTwentySmilz - 2010-11-15

loggio Wrote:I dont understand you hitcher... You release to the public because u dont want to code it. And then you say, things like ' i dont think these were his intentions.

sounds like you're still attached to this skin and if you cannot let go, should either stick to it or keep clear. The design is out of the makers hands now, sadly.

It will never ever turn out the way it was intended. Something we'll have to accept.

I don't think Hitcher ever said he didn't "want" to code it. I believe what he said was he "will not" code it because he was doing the coding while Welo (the forum member) developed the concepts and graphics. Since Welo (the forum member) had to exit the scene, Hitcher no longer wanted to persue the development of the skin without Welos (the forum member) insight.

He didn't have to release anything...............he done it because he knows what this forums members are capable of doing. They would pick it up, try their best to make the skin complete and try to honor what Welo (the forum member) and Hitcher started.

There is nothing wrong with Hitcher or anyone else voicing an opinion. If anyone can give the new devs some insight, its Hitch. Be glad he is who he is.........................he could have let this project die, but he chose not to.

Thanks Hitcher.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-11-15

loggio Wrote:I dont understand you hitcher... You release to the public because u dont want to code it. And then you say, things like ' i dont think these were his intentions.

There's allot of great mockup work that Welo did that gives a clear insight of where he was going. Obviously we'll have to improvise in places however we'll try to stick closely to Welo's design philosophy.

As Hitcher worked closely with Welo on the project, he's better qualified than anyone (other than Welo of course!) to give some guidance. More to the point, we welcome that guidance. There's no problem with Hitcher providing insights into Welo's thoughts. Wink

Livin Wrote:Hi Guys,
I tried this skin tonight and it is very appealing but I kindly ask that you make the text larger. I have a 65" 1080p screen and sit the 'recommended' 10 foot away and the text in Welo is so hard to see even my wife with perfect+ vision thought so.

I really love the design, layout, etc - just cannot read it Big Grin

Hi Livin,

I also think the font size will need to be tweaked. The trick is finding a size that isn't to big on say a 40" LCD (which is what i have... it's 720p as well... damn i want 1080p!) and isn't to small on very large screens. We wouldn't want the skin to become 'clunky' on smaller to mid-size screens!

Cheers

[EDIT:] I think only a small tweak will be needed. I'll discuss with ubuntuf4n and _duke_.

- Broads - 2010-11-15

This skin has great potential and is usable in its current state, but just needs some final tweaks on the not so exciting parts of the skin, Dialogs etc...

One thing that I can't seem to get working and would like some guidence is how to get the random movies / recently added images to display on the home page. I get the description but no images. Is there anything that I need to do to get this plugin to work properly?..... Actually I think it doesnt work on all skins and not just this.

Broads Wrote:This skin has great potential and is usable in its current state, but just needs some final tweaks on the not so exciting parts of the skin, Dialogs etc...

One thing that I can't seem to get working and would like some guidence is how to get the random movies / recently added images to display on the home page. I get the description but no images. Is there anything that I need to do to get this plugin to work properly?..... Actually I think it doesnt work on all skins and not just this.

Hey Broads,

What version of XBMC are you using? You'll need an up-to-date version that supports add-ons.

If you are running an up-to-date version, maybe check that the add-on 'script.recentlyadded' is in the add-ons folder?

Cheers

- loggio - 2010-11-15

I do apologise if i came across rude. This was not my intention. I guess what i said was most uncalled for considering you guys did state you'd like to keep to welo's design... Hitcher having worked with Welo, knows best about what his design intention were.

Please ignore my previous post as i was not thinking straight at the time.

Please keep up the great work guys.
Keep the awesome spirit of the community alive!
You guys are what it's all about :-)

loggio.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-15

loggio, everything is fine.
No problem over here.

- Broads - 2010-11-15

I'll take a look later, im running dahma4.

loggio Wrote:I do apologise if i came across rude. This was not my intention. I guess what i said was most uncalled for considering you guys did state you'd like to keep to welo's design... Hitcher having worked with Welo, knows best about what his design intention were.

Please ignore my previous post as i was not thinking straight at the time.

Please keep up the great work guys.
Keep the awesome spirit of the community alive!
You guys are what it's all about :-)

loggio.

No worries! Wink

- Stranger - 2010-11-15

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi Livin,

I also think the font size will need to be tweaked. The trick is finding a size that isn't to big on say a 40" LCD (which is what i have... it's 720p as well... damn i want 1080p!) and isn't to small on very large screens. We wouldn't want the skin to become 'clunky' on smaller to mid-size screens!

Cheers

[EDIT:] I think only a small tweak will be needed. I'll discuss with ubuntuf4n and _duke_.

A while ago I very briefly started mocking up my vision of the skin, but abandoned it when the skin went into production... The font size's is something I was interested in.

To those who want fanart - testmetest - 2010-11-15

To those who want fanart while still maintaining Welo's vision. What if instead of movie poster below, you had fanart images... so the pulp fiction, taxi driver, spirited away posters would be fanart from the respective movies? That should work (it can be another view).

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-15

testmetest Wrote:To those who want fanart while still maintaining Welo's vision. What if instead of movie poster below, you had fanart images... so the pulp fiction, taxi driver, spirited away posters would be fanart from the respective movies? That should work (it can be another view).

The first target is to reach a point where we can release a fully usable alpha-version (all textures, all code-work).
Every 'special wish' will get noticed by us, but they're secondary (for the current progress).
Though, that doesn't mean that it couldn't be possible - it's always good to get new & fresh ideas.

As hitcher pointed out earlier, we try to focus on the main idea.

Cheers

- krish_2k4 - 2010-11-15

ubuntuf4n Wrote:The first target is to reach a point where we can release a fully usable alpha-version (all textures, all code-work).
Every 'special wish' will get noticed by us, but they're secondary (for the current progress).
Though, that doesn't mean that it couldn't be possible - it's always good to get new & fresh ideas.

Cheers

thats right, bang out a fully usable version. most of these requests can be modded at a far later stage. main priority should be to get everything working first.

- testmetest - 2010-11-15

ubuntuf4n Wrote:The first target is to reach a point where we can release a fully usable alpha-version (all textures, all code-work).

Cheers
True true, fair enough. I'll go under my rock for now. Laugh