Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- PrimaryMaster - 2010-11-23

I like it ... =)
hope for a rel. soon =)

- krish_2k4 - 2010-11-24

I have made a concept for a alternative view for the movies section, but i will wait before i show it in this topic as its not really relevant since there isnt been a fully working release yet.

Keep up the good work, any news on a deadline for the release?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-24

krish_2k4 Wrote:..

Keep up the good work, any news on a deadline for the release?

Sry, not yet.

Latest Added Movies not working... - qanato - 2010-11-25

I really like the skin, and i'm using it the way it was pre-released.

The only thing i can't figure out is how to enable to let me show the latest added movies (on homescreen) and so on it will not work on my installation do i miss something ? It looks like i'm missing a script or so. Even using the random option doesn't work.

Can it be that i'm using MySQL on a different machine as a central database for three XBMC installations ?

Any help appreciated.

Guys keep up the good work!

- MarkTaunton - 2010-11-25

qanato Wrote:I really like the skin, and i'm using it the way it was pre-released.

The only thing i can't figure out is how to enable to let me show the latest added movies (on homescreen) and so on it will not work on my installation do i miss something ? It looks like i'm missing a script or so. Even using the random option doesn't work.

Can it be that i'm using MySQL on a different machine as a central database for three XBMC installations ?

Any help appreciated.

You are possibly right on the MySQL as the skin does work straight out of the box. Have you tried installing it on the main computer that has the database installed?

Failing that, try downloading and reinstalling as I haven't had any problems like that.

- blacklist - 2010-11-25

qanato Wrote:I really like the skin, and i'm using it the way it was pre-released.

Any help appreciated.

I have the same issue - I wasn't sure if it was a missing script issue or the fact that I'm using MySQL as well. Since its hitting both us us I'm going to assume its a different database issue. In which case someone may need to look at the script that's creating those views.

- toby77jo - 2010-11-25

gents, dudes, mates,

I really really would like to have access to the pre-release

someone is willing to chare it?

- blacklist - 2010-11-25

toby77jo Wrote:gents, dudes, mates,

I really really would like to have access to the pre-release

someone is willing to chare it?

Look at the old (Welo/Hitcher) thread man, its there.

- wimpy - 2010-11-26

Great news that you are continuing the work on this skin! It's so beautiful and looks professional. I do have some requests/ideas if this goes anywhere! Smile

1) Possibility for custom home items (playlists/favs)
- with possibility to set background/fanart pr custom home item to be displayed instead of "recent" information like we have on movies/tvshows. For example I'd add a custom home item called 'Standup' with a standup-related image that would be displayed where the "recently added" info is today.

2) Counter for movies / tv shows while browsing.
- number of movies while browsing movies (upper left corner?)
- number of tvshows while browsing tvshows (upper left corner?)
- perhaps also have a counter or two under the giant "MOVIES" and "TV SHOWS" on main screen
- tvshows: remove or add option to remove "director/writer" and add episodes/season counter

3) Tvshows: Add a view like "video poster" (which is available for tvshows/seasons) view for episodes. Basically just like "video wall", but with only one line for episodes.

4) Views: Add option to not autoscroll fields like genre, director, writer etc in the bottom right corner.

5) Views: Option to hide mediainfo icons (which will also increase size of plot to fill out the mediainfo icon area)

6) The Rating bit seems to be stuck on "HD 1080p", but I'm guessing that's due to the script development stopped short.

7) Add same views to RomCollectionBrowser addon (Yes I'm a fan of this script and would love a welo-mod for it to make it blend into the slickness of welo Big Grin)

8) Add option to turn on/off the "smoke effect" found in for example the Ellipsis skin. (Yea, not really the most "important" requests Tongue)

Anyways these are just a few requests/ideas for the further development of Welo (which I do believe will make a _really_ great skin when finished!)

I look forward to see how this progresses guys!

- Hitcher - 2010-11-26

Just a few things I remembered recently I thought might help you guys out.

1. Regarding the font size on the nav bar -

Because of the nature of the list (dynamically spaced using auto-width) I had to spend some time getting the font size it just right (it is slightly larger than the mockups) so that it didn't disappear off the screen when using different languages.

2. Welo only got as far a creating the TV image for the Home Video section so you'll have to make the rest (Pictures, Favourites, Weather, etc) but the code it already there to display them.

3. The 'HD 1080p' only icon is simply because the 'HD 720p', 'SD 480p', etc hadn't been made.

PS Feel free to contact me if you want more help.

- 1slimm31 - 2010-11-28

So glad this skin is still being work on. It fits my needs as it stands and with minor tweaks will be the only skin ill use. With that said here is a question. I am wanting to put a window glass over the posters. I already have the png file ready and just need to know where to apply it. The code seems like a mix of Alaska and Welo so its kinda hard to tell (that and im still learning my way around). For example in the picture below i would like to place a shiny glass layer over the posters. Any ideas?

- circle_ - 2010-11-29

1slimm31 Wrote:So glad this skin is still being work on. It fits my needs as it stands and with minor tweaks will be the only skin ill use. With that said here is a question. I am wanting to put a window glass over the posters. I already have the png file ready and just need to know where to apply it. The code seems like a mix of Alaska and Welo so its kinda hard to tell (that and im still learning my way around). For example in the picture below i would like to place a shiny glass layer over the posters. Any ideas?

I love the colours you've used. Can't help with your question though.

- 1slimm31 - 2010-11-29

Yeah i have a verrrry large tv that my computer is hooked up to, so the whites and blues can get a little over bearing. Thought id mellow it out but keep some brightness to it.

- wimpy - 2010-11-29

circle_ Wrote:I love the colours you've used. Can't help with your question though.

Me too. VERY nice colors. Me wants! Wink

- buzz_kill - 2010-11-29

i hope this skin picks up some steam, at least the Carmichael skin is close in design, i am using it to bide he time.