Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company - a new skin concept - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company - a new skin concept (/showthread.php?tid=85490)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- topfs2 - 2010-11-24

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Does XBMC support Anti-Aliasing ?

It doesn't but I'm looking into it abit. jmarshall have a few tricks that might be enough if we don't want FSAA by default (takes quite a bit of memory)

Hitcher Wrote:Not as bad at 1080p but AA would be beneficial.

Any chance you could send the skin or xml's so I could reproduce that. I have enabled AA in a testing here but I can't get any good test for it.

EDIT: I'm not sure AA can help that much. Here is media stream rotated and while its a difference its not extreme:

(Note H and U, thats probably a bug in our font rendering but worth looking out).

Although the text is ok I think and the big problem is the textures and if you use some mask or prerotate in photoshop its probably fine.

Cheers,
Tobias

- ronie - 2010-11-24

topfs2 Wrote:Note H and U, thats probably a bug in our font rendering but worth looking out

cheers for looking in to this topfs2.

i've noticed the same, angled labels are rendered a bit 'wobbly'.
almost as if one character is rotated slightly more or less than the other.

- blacklist - 2010-11-24

topfs2 Wrote:EDIT: I'm not sure AA can help that much. Here is media stream rotated and while its a difference its not extreme:
(Note H and U, thats probably a bug in our font rendering but worth looking out).

Thanks for looking into this Tobias - I agree that I don't think AA is going to be that huge a factor - but that font rendering bug is kind of ugly, especially once you start dealing with large blocks of text.

- corvidae - 2010-11-24

This is probably the most amazing concept I've seen so far! Excellent job.

I'd like to request a TV Show view for wide banners (maybe similar to your movie list view?), because the lack of a good wide banner view is usually my #1 reason to not use a skin... :rolleyes2:

- blacklist - 2010-11-24

corvidae Wrote:This is probably the most amazing concept I've seen so far! Excellent job.

I'd like to request a TV Show view for wide banners (maybe similar to your movie list view?), because the lack of a good wide banner view is usually my #1 reason to not use a skin... :rolleyes2:

Honestly, I am not at ALL a fan of banners for TV. I always use posters. 'Cause they're better. Wink

That being said, I'll think about it. Smile

- rudeboyx - 2010-11-24

+1 for banner view.

P.S. - awesome design, stands apart from anything else made for most media centers, never mind xbmc. Cant wait to see it in action

- garyi - 2010-11-24

Banners are never very good, I have never seen a view with banners that did not look 'odd'

- rudeboyx - 2010-11-24

garyi Wrote:Banners are never very good, I have never seen a view with banners that did not look 'odd'

well everyones entitled to their opinion. To me posters in the TV show section look "odd". This is why most skins impliment both, as every user is different.

- MindTooth - 2010-11-24

garyi Wrote:Banners are never very good, I have never seen a view with banners that did not look 'odd'

Well, that would not say that it would never look good. Just that maybe the skinners didn't do a good job integrate banners to look good.

My two cents...

- mstef - 2010-11-24

Every interface should be intuitive and coherent, so if banners works good in one skin they could not in another. Be patients as the first release we could see in 6-7 months, I suppose. They know how the skin should look (or they will), everything can be changed since then. I am opponent of putting all features only because other skins have this.

- blacklist - 2010-11-25

Ok, I didn't mean to start a debate about banners vs posters. Let's just leave it with the fact that i will look at making a banner view and if i can make it work with the interface and I'm happy with the design then it will be added. K? K!

- natethomas - 2010-11-25

You know, if people keep coming up with views that are reminiscent of traditional media (i.e. paper), there's going to be an eventual demand for a more accurate representation of that media.... which, honestly, sounds awesome to me.

- tungmeister - 2010-11-25

would the skinning engine currently be capable of such animations? though I suppose it could be achieved with a sequence of images?

- natethomas - 2010-11-25

No idea. I'm sure some skilled skinner or other might have more of a clue than I.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-25

natethomas Wrote:You know, if people keep coming up with views that are reminiscent of traditional media (i.e. paper), there's going to be an eventual demand for a more accurate representation of that media.... which, honestly, sounds awesome to me.

that looks very fancy Big Grin