Kodi Community Forum
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library (/showthread.php?tid=85654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - kktk - 2015-07-19

I'll submit one soon.

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - PH-SYM - 2015-07-20

@kktk12:
You don't need to set up the sources on the 2nd machine but it is vital that the 2nd machine can access the media using the exact same path as the first. Also, make sure that the 2nd machine has access rights to the media location. You may need to setup a passwords.xml file for this.
As nickr has mentioned, a debug log might help to understand what the culprit is.

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - Glitch - 2015-07-30

Hope someone can help with this.

Hardware:
- Synology NAS that holds the media files which are accesible through SMB
- The Synology NAS also holds the shared library on a MySQL server
- Intel NUC with OpenElec 5.0.8 (and therefor Kodi 14.2)
- Google Nexus 10 with Android version of Kodi 15

Situation:
First creation of the shared library was done through the Intel NUC. The music and library databases where created. I then edited the configuration of Kodi on the Google Nexus 10 to connect to the same MySQL server. But instead of using the already created music and videos database it creates another set of databasae with different ending digit (f.e. MyVideos90 and MyVideos93). So now I have two libraries on the MySQL server instead of a shared library. I already tried using the name tag in advancedsettings.xml. Also setting the permission on the MySQL user to only allow access to one set of databases. All a no go.

How can I have a shared library, or does this require that all version of Kodi are the same?

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - nickr - 2015-07-31

MySQL only works if you are using the same versions of kodi on all client machines.

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - Glitch - 2015-07-31

(2015-07-31, 00:33)nickr Wrote: MySQL only works if you are using the same versions of kodi on all client machines.
Ok, thanx for the confirmation. Let's hope OpenElec 6 with Kodi 15 will be released soon then.

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - TheReverend - 2015-08-17

So, just got a second TV to run Kodi on and whilst setting up mySQL I've run into one major problem that I can't seem to work out.

Even though my library has scraped, tv shows and movies show up on my main selection screen (which only happens when theres content), the databases have been made but my libraries wont populate. I can play through file view and the files show theyre scraped but nothing is in either of my menus. The same problem happens on my other instance of Kodi too. Both are running Kodi 14.2 so its not different databases. I tried scouring the forums but couldn't even think of what to search for. Any help would be AWESOME!

Re: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - nickr - 2015-08-17

debug log (wiki)

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - TheReverend - 2015-08-18

By reading into my log a little deeper I noticed that my nfos were not there. I believe I fixed it. If not I will be sure to post them.

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - TheReverend - 2015-08-20

I was wrong what I thought was wrong did not fix the problem. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
http://xbmclogs.com/pza7zivsp <-----LOGS

Mysql is functioning but my library isnt populating

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - Tight_wad - 2015-08-21

(2015-08-20, 18:43)TheReverend Wrote: I was wrong what I thought was wrong did not fix the problem. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
http://xbmclogs.com/pza7zivsp <-----LOGS

Mysql is functioning but my library isnt populating

Do you have 2 different advancedsettings located in different locations?

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - TheReverend - 2015-08-22

(2015-08-21, 22:14)Tight_wad Wrote: Do you have 2 different advancedsettings located in different locations?

Yup, my music library is syncing fine. Its the video library that's having the problems. Same version of Kodi (14.2). I just can't figure out what went wrong.

edit: I assume you mean advanced setting located in both instances of kodi.

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - kiptanoi - 2015-08-24

Hi

I have:
1 PC, windows 10 and Kodi
1 Media PC, windows 10 and Kodi
1 Netgear Ready Nas with mysql

I do have some local homepages using php and mysql
But now, I do need i simple step by step guide, how I can get my movie libary into my NAS servers database

This is how far I got.

With my pc, installed Kodi, and make my sources.xml file
I am also done with my movie libary inside Kodi
Now I just need to export the libary to my mysql on my NAS server.

I have make one advancedsettings.xml
My NAS server got IP: 192.168.1.77

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.77</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I also did this inside myphpadmin
1.Type in: CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'; and press return
2.Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc'; and press returnr

But now I am stuck.....
What to do?

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - TheReverend - 2015-08-25

2 things I suggest even though my mySQL doesnt work.
Make sure your Kodi installs are the same and I had more success, at least with my music library, if I scanned for media after mySQL.

Re: RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - nickr - 2015-08-27

(2015-08-24, 09:16)kiptanoi Wrote: Hi

I have:
1 PC, windows 10 and Kodi
1 Media PC, windows 10 and Kodi
1 Netgear Ready Nas with mysql

I do have some local homepages using php and mysql
what does that even mean?
Quote:But now, I do need i simple step by step guide, how I can get my movie libary into my NAS servers database
how much simpler than the wiki do you want?
Quote:This is how far I got.

With my pc, installed Kodi, and make my sources.xml file
how?
Quote:I am also done with my movie libary inside Kodi
wtf does that mean?
Quote:Now I just need to export the libary to my mysql on my NAS server.

I have make one advancedsettings.xml
My NAS server got IP: 192.168.1.77

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I also did this inside myphpadmin
1.Type in: CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'; and press return
2.Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc'; and press returnr

But now I am stuck.....
What to do?

read the wiki?

RE: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - TheReverend - 2015-08-29

So I've been trying to find work arounds to get mySQL to work and I keep coming up with blanks. I have the music synced but the movies and shows are both nowhere to be found. It acts as if the library is populated but nothing is showing up. I can access through file view but it isnt visible in library view.

http://xbmclogs.com/pzjf1ucfl