Kodi Community Forum
MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: MySQL Database: Multiple XBMC HTPC's with 1 Shared Library (/showthread.php?tid=85654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- netsrac - 2011-05-14

Krazypoloc Wrote:Oh also I had all my movies in one folder before moving to XBMC. I used a free application called file to folder...which I can not find now for the life of me....

I actually did find a script that would create a folder for every file in a directory
PHP Code:
FOR %i IN (*.*) DO (IF NOT EXIST "%~ni" MD "%~ni") & (MOVE "%i" "%~ni"

rocketpants Wrote:Have you tried using Ember, or similar, for the metadata management and creating a set for series like James Bond? http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_Sets

I tried a couple very long time ago, but liked the one built into XBMC so never got to know what they could ultimately do.

Some scrapers I found would download the artwork into the folder, not sure if XBMC could use it like that

Please.... can someone who knows what they are doing write a proper guide - fishypops - 2011-05-15

delete

- orons - 2011-05-16

I'm running this setup plus shared Thumbnails. The only problem i have is when i delete a series from my library the next time i'm updating the library the deleted series return (without episode, just the series info).
Any ideas why?

Oron

- rocketpants - 2011-05-16

Quote:I'm running this setup plus shared Thumbnails. The only problem i have is when i delete a series from my library the next time i'm updating the library the deleted series return (without episode, just the series info).
Any ideas why?

If you are only deleting the files then this will not delete it from the database. You need to delete the files and clean the database. XBMC asks if you want to do this when you remove files from within XBMC.

- orons - 2011-05-16

I know, i'm deleting the files from within XBMC. After the deletion the series disappear, it only appears again when i'm updating the library.

- claypigeon - 2011-05-16

orons Wrote:I know, i'm deleting the files from within XBMC. After the deletion the series disappear, it only appears again when i'm updating the library.

check and make sure the file is being deleted, if the delete fails, for example lack of permission, i think it doesn't warn you. What is likely happening is next time is updates the library it finds the file you thought was deleted and it gets re-added.

- orons - 2011-05-16

fixed it, i had to clean the library in settings, and since the deleted series disappeared.

- BDPNA - 2011-05-18

How do I get artwork line banners, landscapes, etc to work over MySQL?

I could have sworn at one point I had these displaying, but since upgrading to the latest Eden nightlies, and creating a new MySQL database on my host PC (running Win7), neither my Apple TV 2 box or my Mac Mini running their latest nightlies are getting any of that artwork.

Posters and folders are working fine, and I'm seeing the landscape and banner images locally on my host machine, but they don't seem to be pulling from the shared Thumbnails folder on the remote boxes like the fanart and posters are.

Is there a trick to this? Or maybe just a bug in the latest Eden builds I have to be patient about.

- Krazypoloc - 2011-05-25

BDPNA Wrote:How do I get artwork line banners, landscapes, etc to work over MySQL?

I could have sworn at one point I had these displaying, but since upgrading to the latest Eden nightlies, and creating a new MySQL database on my host PC (running Win7), neither my Apple TV 2 box or my Mac Mini running their latest nightlies are getting any of that artwork.

Posters and folders are working fine, and I'm seeing the landscape and banner images locally on my host machine, but they don't seem to be pulling from the shared Thumbnails folder on the remote boxes like the fanart and posters are.

Is there a trick to this? Or maybe just a bug in the latest Eden builds I have to be patient about.
Nightlies broke a lot of stuff for me, thumbnails and artwork were among them. I got very unexplained and sporadic results when running the nightlies. If you are going to do shared thumnails+MySQL backend then stick with 10.1.

- deefortyone - 2011-05-29

If i mark something as watched on one pc it shows up watched on the other 2, so I know the database is working. But I cant get a show or movie to resume on a different pc if I pause it on one. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to do this. Can anyone help?

- TugboatBill - 2011-05-29

Stop it on the 1st PC. You can then resume it on that or any other PC.

- Thurbs - 2011-05-30

deefortyone Wrote:If i mark something as watched on one pc it shows up watched on the other 2, so I know the database is working. But I cant get a show or movie to resume on a different pc if I pause it on one. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to do this. Can anyone help?

You have to "STOP" the movie then play it from another PC it will give you the option to "RESUME FROM X:XX",

This ain't DirectTV it would be nice if the pause feature worked.Big Grin

- avus m3 - 2011-06-18

Am I the only one that's having issues with movie sets? I mentioned this before but didn't get any response. I used to run a MySQL setup and everything worked perfect except movie sets. Sets created before the import worked fine but sets created with new movies after do not work. It's as if MySQL is completely ignoring the tags. I switched to a normal XBMC install for awhile but want to go back to MySQL for multiseats. I switched back and the same thing is happening. Imported sets are fine but lets say I scrape a collection in Ember and let XMBC add it in...no set recognized??

- tboooe - 2011-06-21

avus m3 Wrote:Am I the only one that's having issues with movie sets? I mentioned this before but didn't get any response. I used to run a MySQL setup and everything worked perfect except movie sets. Sets created before the import worked fine but sets created with new movies after do not work. It's as if MySQL is completely ignoring the tags. I switched to a normal XBMC install for awhile but want to go back to MySQL for multiseats. I switched back and the same thing is happening. Imported sets are fine but lets say I scrape a collection in Ember and let XBMC add it in...no set recognized??

I use MYSQL and moviesets work fine for me. Can you show us a copy of the NFO file that shows the movieset info?

How are you going about creating the movieset? Via the NFO? If so, change the NFO then from XBMC do a manual refresh for that movie. XBMC should ask if you want to update online or just use the locally stored details in the NFO. Does this happen for you?

- avus m3 - 2011-06-21

tboooe Wrote:I use MYSQL and moviesets work fine for me. Can you show us a copy of the NFO file that shows the movieset info?

How are you going about creating the movieset? Via the NFO? If so, change the NFO then from XBMC do a manual refresh for that movie. XBMC should ask if you want to update online or just use the locally stored details in the NFO. Does this happen for you?

I use Ember to create sets. Using the regular XBMC db the sets works great. If a movie was already in the db I know about removing and refreshing to update it in XBMC.

The problem is like I said whether the movie has never been scanned into XBMC, such as the Star Trek BD collection I just scraped and made a set, or existing movies added to a set and re-imported into XBMC, the SQL backend just ignores the <set> tag.

I will post an example NFO even though I don't feel it's relevant since it works great with the normal built in db. I eliminated the actor thumbs, rating, plot, and such to keep it short:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0320691</id>
  <title>Underworld</title>
  <originaltitle>Underworld</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle>Underworld 1</sorttitle>
  <year>2003</year>
  <releasedate>9/19/2003</releasedate>

<BLAH BLAH BLAH tumbnails locations etc>

<set>Underworld Collection</set>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>6</channels>