Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- rudeboyx - 2011-04-05

Cheers for the 10.01 update. I'll be trying it tonight and I'll let you know if I have any issues

Thanks again for the time and effort put into this.

RBX

- darkscout - 2011-04-05

erhnam Wrote:Will this also work under OSX?

Don't see why not. All it really does is make a second output path and dump to it. So as long as you have 2 places to put sound in OS X, it should work.

gulp Wrote:Thank you!!! Great patch.

It will be included in official trunk?

Nope. It never will be.

- nicx76 - 2011-04-05

is it possible to download a patched version for osx anywhere?

thanks,
nicx...

- gulp - 2011-04-06

darkscout Wrote:
gulp Wrote:It will be included in official trunk?
Nope. It never will be.

Maybe it can be approved and inserted in nightly build, making this patch an hidden and advanced setting, configurable via Advancedsettings.xml.
If i've understood well, the problem is the GUI that will get too bloated.

- rudeboyx - 2011-04-06

Is there anyway of adjusting the timing between outputs. I'm using the new 10.01 patch.

Output 1 - Optical/Coaxial 5.1
Output 2 - HDMI 2.0

when playing music its terrible, as the music has a bad echo/double beat.
When playing movies it sound like an underwater effect due to the timing.

For movies its not to bad as I run it all from the Optical/Coaxial 5.1. However, for music when I have parties, I switch my amp to 2 additional speakers in the kitchen whilst keeping the surround/center in the lounge. now I want to use the TV/HDMI output for front left and right in the lounge but as pointed out, there is a bad echo/doublebeat due to the timing. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
RBX

- darkscout - 2011-04-06

gulp Wrote:Maybe it can be approved and inserted in nightly build, making this patch an hidden and advanced setting, configurable via Advancedsettings.xml.
If i've understood well, the problem is the GUI that will get too bloated.

1) The problem is the one with the post just above mine.
2) The fact that we're moving to AudioEngine which does audio completely differently. (Plus the guy that is doing the AudioEngine branch says that it's "Impossible". Read the AE branch thread.)
---
The sync is near impossible to nail sometimes. Although I usually have no problem with it.

I really don't use this to try and listen through 2 things at the same time, but switch in between 2 sinks just by muting my TV or muting my Yamaha.

- xhbl - 2011-04-07

There is no synchronization mechanism between the two outputs for music playback, so you'll hear echo/double beat due to different output device cache size. And for video playback the synchronization algorithm allows max 50ms deviation between the two outputs, so you'll hear underwater effect.
Accurate synchronization mechanism will cause jitter of the 2nd audio output. so the time difference between two output is inevitable.
In other words, The two output speakers should not be turned on at the same place and same time. As mentioned above by darkscout
"don't use this to try and listen through 2 things at the same time, but switch in between 2 sinks just by muting my TV or muting my Yamaha."

rudeboyx Wrote:Is there anyway of adjusting the timing between outputs. I'm using the new 10.01 patch.

Output 1 - Optical/Coaxial 5.1
Output 2 - HDMI 2.0

when playing music its terrible, as the music has a bad echo/double beat.
When playing movies it sound like an underwater effect due to the timing.

For movies its not to bad as I run it all from the Optical/Coaxial 5.1. However, for music when I have parties, I switch my amp to 2 additional speakers in the kitchen whilst keeping the surround/center in the lounge. now I want to use the TV/HDMI output for front left and right in the lounge but as pointed out, there is a bad echo/doublebeat due to the timing. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
RBX

- kejs - 2011-04-07

i plan on installing linux xbmcfreak maverick 10.1v2 or lucid 10.1v2, has anyone compiled .bin for this ?
tnx

- erhnam - 2011-04-10

Here's a XBMC 10.1 OSX version of the dual audio patched version;

http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/XBMC%2010.1%20dual%20audio.zip

- digzz - 2011-04-10

erhnam Wrote:Here's a XBMC 10.1 OSX version of the dual audio patched version;

http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/XBMC%2010.1%20dual%20audio.zip

Do you have one for Live ?

- peru3232 - 2011-04-11

Hi,

I like your patch very much - and it works perfect for me. But I like to use in further the XBMC Version with PVR testing. Could you please patch the actual version ( maybe from here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/prebuild.html) with your dual audio plugin?

Thanks, Peter

- tungmeister - 2011-04-13

Sorry if this has already been covered but will it ever be possible to configure the audio output so that device A could be configured to be used for any video media i.e. TV shows and films and device B be used for just audio i.e music then I could have my 5.1 surround sound for the videos and my 2.0 system for audio.

- darkscout - 2011-04-13

No. It output everything to both sinks. Mute the volume on the one you don't want to listen to.

- tungmeister - 2011-04-13

I know I can do it like that at the moment I was just wondering if it was ever going to be possible to assign as I feel it would be a much more elegant method.

- rudeboyx - 2011-04-13

tungmeister Wrote:I know I can do it like that at the moment I was just wondering if it was ever going to be possible to assign as I feel it would be a much more elegant method.

I agree.

I've also noticed that the xbmc gui sounds only seem to be output to my first audio output device. the second device doesn't seem to output these sounds (xbmc navigation sounds). will this ever be a feature in the future or do we need to wait for the new xbmc audio-engine?