Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- mrbadger72 - 2012-01-05

Brilliant. Is exactly what I've been after for ages.
Thanks

- o_dog - 2012-01-06

does it work on the new eden beta?

- neal73 - 2012-01-12

Hopefully - I can't believe it wasn't implemented into Eden. Hopefully the full release will include dual audio.

- Thomss - 2012-01-12

That would be really useful.

- mrdally204 - 2012-01-12

bump.

darkscout,
hows it going Smile

- Freakish - 2012-01-12

Also interested in running this with Eden + PVR builds

Did I read that this won't be incorporated into the official releases, and if not why?

- nessus - 2012-01-12

neal73 Wrote:Hopefully - I can't believe it wasn't implemented into Eden. Hopefully the full release will include dual audio.

Thomss Wrote:That would be really useful.

Freakish Wrote:Also interested in running this with Eden + PVR builds

Did I read that this won't be incorporated into the official releases, and if not why?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=716662#post716662

- Freakish - 2012-01-13

nessus Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=716662#post716662

Well that is a shame, many of use would like to use 5.1 for movies, but only need 2 channel through the TV for 90% of my watching. Windows actually needs much too much interaction to change between the outputs each time which makes this patch a viable and useful idea to many of us.

While I don't technically need both at the same time, I do need XBMC to detect the channels and output according to it.. I.e 2 channel sounds goes to HDMI and 5.1 via SPDIF. (Is that perhaps going to be possible with the newer AE?)

Having to leave my amp on all the time just for two channel sound is a huge inconvenience for myself, and XBMC does everything else perfectly well, so it's a shame that a better options can be not be found or even looked at IMO.

I understand it may be too hard for the newer AE developers to implement, but it seems that this patch has worked for many without issues, which makes me think it could be done none the less.

Tis a shame, but thanks for the link.

- mrdally204 - 2012-01-13

The limitation/difficulty he notes in his reasoning is not really a use case at all for many of us dual audio users. We want a one or the other situation WITHOUT changing settings or connections. Having a "output to both always" is perfect, you can just mute tv and fire up the receiver, or leave the receiver off and rock your tv shows on the tv speakers. If they are minutely out of sync, who cares, we are only listening to one of them anyway Smile No Echo Here!

- darkscout - 2012-01-13

mrdally204 Wrote:bump.

darkscout,
hows it going Smile

Life got in the way. I'm probably 1/2 way through the files. If anyone knows C, diff and how to use a text editor it's really not that complicated. Diff the current pull and the old pull. Mesh in the old DA stuff with anything that may have changed.

- schumi2004 - 2012-01-13

darkscout Wrote:Life got in the way. I'm probably 1/2 way through the files. If anyone knows C, diff and how to use a text editor it's really not that complicated. Diff the current pull and the old pull. Mesh in the old DA stuff with anything that may have changed.

Anyone skilled enough to check this out?

I just cloned repo and trying to find out were to start.

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-13

looks like the original author of the patch updated is github i tryed to compile though and got an error towrds the end anyone else? (checkout the branch EdenBeta1)

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-13

heres the error i get trying to compile

CPP xbmc/cores/paplayer/SIDCodec.o
CPP xbmc/cores/paplayer/TimidityCodec.o
CPP xbmc/cores/paplayer/VGMCodec.o
PAPlayer.cpp: In member function ‘bool PAPlayer::CreateStream(int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, CStdString)’:
PAPlayer.cpp:507:5: error: no matching function for call to ‘CAudioRendererFactory::Create(NULL, unsigned int&, PCMChannels*&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, bool, bool, bool, bool)’
PAPlayer.cpp:507:5: note: candidate is:
../AudioRenderers/AudioRendererFactory.h:34:26: note: static IAudioRenderer* CAudioRendererFactory::Create(IAudioCallback*, int, PCMChannels*, unsigned int, unsigned int, bool, bool, IAudioRenderer::EEncoded, bool)
../AudioRenderers/AudioRendererFactory.h:34:26: note: no known conversion for argument 8 from ‘bool’ to ‘IAudioRenderer::EEncoded’
make[1]: *** [PAPlayer.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [xbmc/cores/paplayer/paplayer.a] Error 2

- robertvg - 2012-01-13

Freakish Wrote:Well that is a shame, many of use would like to use 5.1 for movies, but only need 2 channel through the TV for 90% of my watching. Windows actually needs much too much interaction to change between the outputs each time which makes this patch a viable and useful idea to many of us.

While I don't technically need both at the same time, I do need XBMC to detect the channels and output according to it.. I.e 2 channel sounds goes to HDMI and 5.1 via SPDIF. (Is that perhaps going to be possible with the newer AE?)

Having to leave my amp on all the time just for two channel sound is a huge inconvenience for myself, and XBMC does everything else perfectly well, so it's a shame that a better options can be not be found or even looked at IMO.

I understand it may be too hard for the newer AE developers to implement, but it seems that this patch has worked for many without issues, which makes me think it could be done none the less.

Couldn't agree more with you...
I don't really need simultaneous dual audio output, just an easy option to choose between A or B....

- gulp - 2012-01-14

Freakish Wrote:Well that is a shame, many of use would like to use 5.1 for movies, but only need 2 channel through the TV for 90% of my watching. Windows actually needs much too much interaction to change between the outputs each time which makes this patch a viable and useful idea to many of us.

yes...would be a very usefull option to implement in official release. Sad