Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- parrydave - 2012-02-16

Freakish Wrote:I then made a button on my Harmony One to switch profiles and turn my AVR on.

Nice solution. Will try the same.
Thanks
Dave

- ReMi - 2012-02-21

xhbl Wrote:Yes, I will probably do it until the Final EDEN released.

Great news ! Big Grin

Different audio streams through different output - pilluli - 2012-02-25

Hi,

I looking for the possibility to use a dual audio setup to stream two different audio streams of the same file. So my kids can listen to the dubbed version in the HDMI/SPDIF output while I listen to the original audio through analog & headphones.

I guess the above is a not-so-common-scenario but ... would it be easy to implement with this patch and some more coding to output different audio streams through different output??

Regards,

- armitatz - 2012-02-26

pilluli Wrote:Hi,

I looking for the possibility to use a dual audio setup to stream two different audio streams of the same file. So my kids can listen to the dubbed version in the HDMI/SPDIF output while I listen to the original audio through analog & headphones.

I guess the above is a not-so-common-scenario but ... would it be easy to implement with this patch and some more coding to output different audio streams through different output??

Regards,

I don't think you can do it with this patch. This patch takes one audio stream and gives it to 2 devices. You want 2 audio streams to 2 different devices. You have to decode the sound twice for that. With some coding everything is possible though Smile. I guess it would be fairly easy as long as you don't want 100% sync between the two audio streams...

XBMC 11 Eden: RC1 - asura_wp - 2012-03-02

Please support XBMC 11 Eden: RC1. Please... thank you Nod

- siremastimus - 2012-03-04

What is the quickest way to switch profiles when using a Harmony one - does anyone have some code I can add to my keyboard.xml or is there a shortcut? I have setup two profiles one going to receiver in digital and one going to amp in analogue but cant find a quick way to switch between the two profiles? Thanks

- nathan909 - 2012-03-07

ubuntuf4n Wrote:dharma patch works perfect on win7.

So even tho win7 only supports one audio out... This patch will allow both hdmi and line out to simotaneously work??

PLEASE SAY YES!
also please say the eden patch is do out SOON

thanx so much
Nathan

- THX-UltraII - 2012-03-07

Just found out this thread and it seems like there is finally a second (and maybe even better, have to try it yet) solution for D-Box users!

Let me try to explain what the problem is with D-Box and HTPC:

a D-Box system is a system which is simply said a moving seating during movies (http://www.d-box.com). The seating get s it signal from a D-Box decoder (D-Box MCI-2P). This (pc-based) D-Box decoder needs to receive the ORIGINAL core dts/dd signal via optical spdif input in order to work. One can use a simple SPDIF audio card (like the Creative X-Fi surround 5.1 usb). You can connect the spdif output of the audio card to the spdif input of the d-box decoder and from the d-box decoder spdif output you connect the decoder to your avr. Simple as that eh? Of course this way you cannot enjoy dts-ma/true-hd audio.

Over the past years D-Box users have looked for a HTPC solution to be able to use d-box and high-res audio at the same time. Some cable extractors where tried but it never worked (it did not work because the condition of the D-Box decoder is that it needs to receive the core UNALTERED dd/dts signal and with all these extension cables something went wrong that just didn t make it work).

So in all these years d-box users who wanted to have d-box and high res. audio simultanuously needed to use non pc player like the Dune and Oppo player which support audio over HDMI and SPDIF at the same time.

d-box always said they where working a a HDMI decoder but it never came......

A few month ago there was a breakthrough and a d-box user on the AVS forum managed to get it working on a HTPC! He created his own (altered) version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema and LAV filters http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/article-mpc-hc-and-lav-filters-for-htpc-and-d-box-89040282.html). With his software d-box users can now enjoy d-box and high res. audio with a htpc. However, there are some downsides:

- First of all, d-box users are limited and can only use MPC-HC and LAV filters. The biggest downside of MPC-HC is that it does not support 3D so a 3D+d-box+high res. audio is not possible. I ve read that 3D is possible with XBMC.

- Next there is the author who does not update the software anymore while there has been quite a few new versions of MPC-HC and LAV filters with important fixes. I do not have acces to the source codes.

Finally my questions Rolleyes:
- Will this Dual Audio Output support for XBMC work with D-Box?
- Can only the internal player of XBMC be used with this Dual Audio output option?
- If so, is the internal XBMC player compatible with SVP frame interpolation (http://www.svp-team.com) and madVR (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228)?

Thanks for all input and sorry for my bad English!!

RE: - nathan909 - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-07, 07:27)nathan909 Wrote:
ubuntuf4n Wrote:dharma patch works perfect on win7.

So even tho win7 only supports one audio out... This patch will allow both hdmi and line out to simotaneously work??

PLEASE SAY YES!
also please say the eden patch is do out SOON

thanx so much
Nathan

Anyone Here?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - rudeboyx - 2012-03-14

It doesnt give windows 7 dual audio support. it gives XBMC dual audio support. so you WILL be able to use your hdmi and line out simultaniously when in XBMC.

And as for when it will be released. He said when EDEN final has been released, so theres no point in asking him, as he is waiting patiently like the rest of us.

RBX

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - nathan909 - 2012-03-15

so it does give XBMC dual audio UNDER win 7?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - mrdally204 - 2012-03-16

It does indeed yes. I am anxiously awaiting the Eden release!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2012-03-17

So my setup is 2 TVs connected to the one htpc.... I have the living room connected by hdmi through my 6.1dts/dd receiver and the bedroom is connected by dvi/hdmi and audio jack cable for stereo....

So would this allow all movies or anything playing to automajically play audio simultaneously or just when play it through one or another?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - Liquidtouch - 2012-03-20

This is the only reason I am still on Windows XP. Can't wait for the Eden Final Release.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - mrdally204 - 2012-03-21

crimsonfury
Read up. It will output through BOTH same time every time once you set up the patch correctly.
Liquidtouch:
what does Windows XP have to do with anything?