Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - Liquidtouch - 2012-03-22

Mrdally204: Windows XP can output 2 audio streams. Currently I am outputting digital audio to my Home Theater Receiver, and stereo analog to my Multiroom Audio Amplifier.

I upgraded to Win 7 in the past only to discover this was not possible natively. There is a way to do it using an application called "Virtual Audio Cables" but for me it was cleaner, easier to just revert to XP.

So what I was saying was that the dual audio issue is the only reason I am still running XP. Now I can upgrade to Windows 7 and maintain all the functionality I have in XP.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - rudeboyx - 2012-03-22

You could have dual audio on Win7 with XBMC Dharma with this patch.... if all you used it for was XBMC then you could have upgraded some time ago. If you use dual audio for other apps in XP, then waiting for this patch wont change the fact the win7 still will not output dual audio for anything other than XBMC, which as advised you could always achieve with XBMC dharma on win7 anyway. Dont quite understand why youve been holding out on win7

[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - Liquidtouch - 2012-03-23

For anyone reading this thread you can actually get multiple audio out on windows 7 in any program using the application "Virtual Audio Cables" here is a link to instructions:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/multiple-simultaneous-audio-outputs-in-windows-7/af25defc-7559-4c8d-9480-2ee7790492f1

Yes I could have upgraded to Win 7 on XBMC 10. However I have been running Media Portal for the past 5 years when XBMC was still only on XBox, My PC would not run linux and MythTV and I needed TV functionality. The past couple of years things have been pretty stable. Only recently did I decide to try out other options now that I don't need a TV PVR. My HTPC is dedicated to the job and a family workhorse. I don't like fiddling with it if I don't have to.

My first post in this thread was only a comment saying when Eden is released I can upgrade my OS and HTPC and that this plugin is great discovery!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - noner - 2012-03-25

Now that Eden Final is out, eagerly looking forward to this being ported to 11

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - AzzX - 2012-03-25

Anyone tested the multi audio capabilities of Windows 8? Looks like it can be done: http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/2730-simultaneous-audio-fron-windows-8-possible.html

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - crimsonfury - 2012-03-25

Does this work in the new final Eden?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - noner - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 17:20)crimsonfury Wrote: Does this work in the new final Eden?

It has not been patched yet for Eden.... thats what a lot of people monitoring this thread are waiting for, that the patch for Eden will be released soon

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - thewarm - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 19:26)noner Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 17:20)crimsonfury Wrote: Does this work in the new final Eden?

It has not been patched yet for Eden.... thats what a lot of people monitoring this thread are waiting for, that the patch for Eden will be released soon

+1 Big Grin

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC - xhbl - 2012-03-25

Please be patient, I am working on it ......

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - xhbl - 2012-03-26

Done for EDEN. Enjoy!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - mrdally204 - 2012-03-26

AWESOME! Thanks a million. I have yet to update, but your patch will be the first thing I put in place after the upgrade!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - mrdally204 - 2012-03-26

One thing I would like to note. When trying to upgrade XBMC I had issues with xbmc.exe being replaced. I checked task manager and saw nothing running and then tried a few times more with no success. I finally rebooted the pc, then manually deleted xbmc.exe (your 10.1 xbmc.exe, Windows 7 64) then upgraded easily. Is this an isolated event or do others seet this as well? .
Will update the exe and report back what I see. Thanks again for the release!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - crimsonfury - 2012-03-26

So how exactly does this work? I downloaded the Windows one and clicked on the .exe and it said can't find "SDL.dll"..... How do I click on this or where do I move it to?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - nigma2k - 2012-03-26

Has anyone built the binaries for Linux ?

[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Liquidtouch - 2012-03-26

Crimsonfury:

Navigate to your XBMC Programs(32bit) folder. Rename the original XBMC.exe to something like XBMC.old and then copy the new one to the same folder.

Re-launch XBMC and go to the audio settings. Now you can setup two audio outputs.