Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Livin - 2012-10-14

Will this patch be merged into 12.0 final?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Martijn - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-14, 01:13)Livin Wrote: Will this patch be merged into 12.0 final?

no

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - devanl - 2012-10-22

I'd like to start playing with the PVR support in the mainline but I really need the dual audio output support. Would it be possible to supply a patch file so that I can apply this to future code?

Thx,
Devan

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-14, 01:16)Martijn Wrote:

no
Although that's definitely true, it's also likely that several of us will try to reproduce similar dual audio functionality via a patch for Frodo once it's released. That will be a substantially different patch to the current one because of the large amout of change in this area. It's also likely to take us quite a while!

Paul

(2012-10-22, 04:17)devanl Wrote: I'd like to start playing with the PVR support in the mainline but I really need the dual audio output support. Would it be possible to supply a patch file so that I can apply this to future code?

Thx,
Devan
Hi Devan

My version of the patch file can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4002644/xbmc.eden.dualaudio.patch

Good luck!

Paul

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - cormad - 2012-10-29

New guy here.....I am sure this is what I am looking for as I want to play sound from my computer speakers and my tv(HDMI) at the same time. I just don't have a clue how to install a (this) patch. I am using Eden with Aeon Nox skin on a windows 7 machine....

Thanks in advance

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - schumi2004 - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-29, 00:59)cormad Wrote: New guy here.....I am sure this is what I am looking for as I want to play sound from my computer speakers and my tv(HDMI) at the same time. I just don't have a clue how to install a (this) patch. I am using Eden with Aeon Nox skin on a windows 7 machine....

Thanks in advance

Follow the wiki on how to compile from source and use patch above your post or use mine patch Wink

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - cormad - 2012-10-29

[/quote]

Follow the wiki on how to compile from source and use patch above your post or use mine patch Wink
[/quote]

Sorry to be Naive....where can I find that on Wiki? I looked under the XBMC wiki and couldn't find it. I don't like asking for simple help but am stuck Sad

Ok...found the wiki.

Definitely beyond my scope I think unless someone has simplified instructions or youtube video.

Help please!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-10-30

cormad,
If you're on Windows 7 you should be able to download and use the binary linked from the first post in this thread - just overwrite your existing xbmc.exe, which is probably somewhere like c:\program files\xbmc

paul

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - devanl - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-23, 13:36)PaulCarter Wrote:
(2012-10-14, 01:16)Martijn Wrote:

no
Although that's definitely true, it's also likely that several of us will try to reproduce similar dual audio functionality via a patch for Frodo once it's released. That will be a substantially different patch to the current one because of the large amout of change in this area. It's also likely to take us quite a while!

Paul

(2012-10-22, 04:17)devanl Wrote: I'd like to start playing with the PVR support in the mainline but I really need the dual audio output support. Would it be possible to supply a patch file so that I can apply this to future code?

Thx,
Devan
Hi Devan

My version of the patch file can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4002644/xbmc.eden.dualaudio.patch

Good luck!

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll let you know how it goes.
Devan

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - lallhands - 2012-10-31

So I have successfully patched my XBMC in Linux (OpenELEC) and am hearing 7.1 over HDMI and 2.0 over analog - kudos on this patch!

Question - I do not get any menu sounds on my 2.0 analog feed. I'm sure this must just be a configuration file asound.conf or something. I searched the forums and see that others have experienced this but no answers posted that I could find. Anyone have tips to help me figure this out?

Cheers!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Leopold - 2012-10-31

With OpenELEC you don't need a patched version to get HDMI and analog. This asound.conf did it for me.

Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm multi
    ttable.0.0 1.0
    ttable.1.1 1.0
    ttable.0.2 1.0
    ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
    type multi
    slaves.a.pcm "front"
    slaves.a.channels 2
    slaves.b.pcm "hdmi"
    slaves.b.channels 2
    bindings.0.slave a
    bindings.0.channel 0
    bindings.1.slave a
    bindings.1.channel 1
    bindings.2.slave b
    bindings.2.channel 0
    bindings.3.slave b
    bindings.3.channel 1
}

Select the audio device called "default".

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - lallhands - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-31, 14:19)Leopold Wrote: With OpenELEC you don't need a patched version to get HDMI and analog. This asound.conf did it for me.

Code:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm multi
    ttable.0.0 1.0
    ttable.1.1 1.0
    ttable.0.2 1.0
    ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
    type multi
    slaves.a.pcm "front"
    slaves.a.channels 2
    slaves.b.pcm "hdmi"
    slaves.b.channels 2
    bindings.0.slave a
    bindings.0.channel 0
    bindings.1.slave a
    bindings.1.channel 1
    bindings.2.slave b
    bindings.2.channel 0
    bindings.3.slave b
    bindings.3.channel 1
}

Select the audio device called "default".

I believe you do if you want 7.1 or 5.1 digital HDMI and simultaneous 2.0 analog as I require. I have tested many configurations like the one above and have never been able to achieve that until this patch. I could only get simultaneous 2.0 on both HDMI and analog to work. Please correct me if I am wrong.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - puntloos - 2012-11-13

(2012-10-31, 13:25)lallhands Wrote: So I have successfully patched my XBMC in Linux (OpenELEC) and am hearing 7.1 over HDMI and 2.0 over analog - kudos on this patch!

Question - I do not get any menu sounds on my 2.0 analog feed. I'm sure this must just be a configuration file asound.conf or something. I searched the forums and see that others have experienced this but no answers posted that I could find. Anyone have tips to help me figure this out?

Cheers!

2 questions:

1/ What setup do you have? (XBMC hardware, I mean)
2/ Mind sharing your patched version? Or do you think its easier for us to roll our own patched version? While I have quite a bit of linux compiling experience I'm hesitant to dive in since it would effectively sign me out of auto-updates etc etc..

-M

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - MrRimmer - 2012-11-15

I *love* this patch. Is there any chance it could be folded into the main build?
I can't upgrade to Frodo until its done.
The only issue I have is that there is a time difference between the two outputs, so that when listening through my hifi I have to add a small amount of delay to the audio as compared to sound through the TV. Would be really nice to have two sets of delay parameters when watching as movie...