Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

- Torroa - 2010-12-21

Respect

- Voyager - 2010-12-21

Respect +1. Just a quick question: is this ever going to make it in the codebase, or is it incompatible with the dev's vision?

- crash123 - 2010-12-21

Voyager-xbmc Wrote:Respect +1. Just a quick question: is this ever going to make it in the codebase, or is it incompatible with the dev's vision?
I believe it is going to be handled slightly differently but still possible once the AudioEngine branch is developed and merged.

- robinsj - 2010-12-21

Can someone possibly help me. I am running xbmc on unbuntu 10.10. I am trying to figure out how to get this installed.

Is it just a matter of replacing the xbmc.bin file in the /usr/lib/xbmc location? I have tried that and then xbmc won't load. Any helpHuh

- xhbl - 2010-12-22

robinsj Wrote:Can someone possibly help me. I am running xbmc on unbuntu 10.10. I am trying to figure out how to get this installed.

Is it just a matter of replacing the xbmc.bin file in the /usr/lib/xbmc location? I have tried that and then xbmc won't load. Any helpHuh

It maybe XBMC can not find data path because I comiple it with install path setting to /usr/local/lib/xbmc, not /usr/lib/xbmc, now I re-compile it with path setting to /usr/lib/xbmc and update the binary file, Pls try again.

- AzzX - 2010-12-22

Cannot thank you enough xhbl!

This has just solved my Multiroom audio issue instantly.

Hope The Audio Engine branch includes this seriously useful ability.

- Pmurphy2803 - 2010-12-23

Is anybody having any issues with this? I can get sound to play simultaneously but it basically turns the video into super choppy playback, and the sound is awful.

Im using an acer revo 3700 with the latest dharma version, outputting via spdif and analog from the same USB sound card....

- nathan909 - 2010-12-23

Ok This looks great and it's just what i need for my multi-room receiver, but im not sure how to install it.

Here is my case:
I had Darma RC2 Live cd installed on my HDD
I updated xbmc by:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

User xbmc didn't have write access to user/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
so i added a password to root user and sftp in as root

I renamed old xbmc.bin and copied over your xbmc.bin, but now when xbmc boots the screen just flashes some colors, but does not load.

Any idea where i went wrong?

Thank again for your help!

- dsmuk - 2010-12-23

I have just copied the xbmc.bin file to the usr/lib/xbmc and now it does not boot!

Have tried the different versions available on the MS Live Download site but same things happens each time

... and yes, I some how managed to delete the original xbmc.bin file... d'oh!

Any ideas? would it have made any difference that I am using XBMCFreak Live CD?

Think I may go for a clean install and try it again direct after installing.

EDIT: - Tried a fresh clean install (not an XBMCFreak CD) but still fails to load.

- AzzX - 2010-12-24

Pmurphy2803 Wrote:Is anybody having any issues with this? I can get sound to play simultaneously but it basically turns the video into super choppy playback, and the sound is awful.

Im using an acer revo 3700 with the latest dharma version, outputting via spdif and analog from the same USB sound card....

No issues here.

My first output device is ATI HDMI via WASAPI.

2nd Output device is Realtek onboard (Speakers) via DirectSound.

Windows 7 64bit, Dharma,

- Pmurphy2803 - 2010-12-24

Hrmm...Yea i've tried every permutation of dicect sound and wasapi that i can think of.

The sound is going through a usb card (creative xi-fi 5.1 surround sound card) and have analog out to house zones and SPDIF out to theater. One or the other works, but not both at the same time using this file in place of the .exe file. Would be nice not to have to switch audio outputs in xbmc every time I move areas in the house.

When I have both turned on the sound comes out of both zones, but sounds muddled and echos. Wonder if its the xi fi sound card...?

- AzzX - 2010-12-24

Pmurphy2803 Wrote:When I have both turned on the sound comes out of both zones, but sounds muddled and echos. Wonder if its the xi fi sound card...?

I got this when setting both devices to WASAPI, setting one to direct sound fixed this.

- jbernardo - 2010-12-24

dsmuk Wrote:I have just copied the xbmc.bin file to the usr/lib/xbmc and now it does not boot!

Have tried the different versions available on the MS Live Download site but same things happens each time

... and yes, I some how managed to delete the original xbmc.bin file... d'oh!

Any ideas? would it have made any difference that I am using XBMCFreak Live CD?

Think I may go for a clean install and try it again direct after installing.

EDIT: - Tried a fresh clean install (not an XBMCFreak CD) but still fails to load.

I found that out yesterday too. You need to install libssl-dev, and then it will start. Unfortunately, I had to go back to the stock xbmc.bin. The second device always gave an error, and apparently vdpau was disabled, making it impossible to watch HD media.

- dsmuk - 2010-12-24

jbernardo Wrote:I found that out yesterday too. You need to install libssl-dev, and then it will start. Unfortunately, I had to go back to the stock xbmc.bin. The second device always gave an error, and apparently vdpau was disabled, making it impossible to watch HD media.

Have just tried this but still have the same result, does not load.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

It says that it has installed sucessfully is there anything else I need to do for it?

- jbernardo - 2010-12-24

Can you try switching to a console and launch xbmc.bin by hand? It should complain of any missing libraries.