Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - noner - 2013-02-24

Virtual Audio Cable works quite well... in my opinion its actually quite easy to setup, contrary to what I had read about it, and once its set up you dont need to screw with it... its only $25 and worth it...

Upgraded to Frodo on Win 7 and have audio going out simultaneously to both my TV over HDMI and headphones over a usb bluetooth dongle

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PitMan - 2013-02-25

Hello everyone,

noner - Could You explain how to configure Virtual Audio Cable to work with XBMC Frodo? - I need all sounds from XBMC to be simultaneously played to my sound system via SPDIF and to my headphone via analogue (mini jack).

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - 2tonesp - 2013-02-25

I'm really shocked that more people don't use multi-zone audio. I can't be the only person who uses zone 2 and zone 3 on their receiver. Until receiver manufacturers start including zone2/3 digital to analog decoders, this 2nd analog output option is going to be an XBMC necessity. Please get this feature developed and supported as a feature of XBMC.

I will donate $50 the day this happens!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Yukonhijack - 2013-02-25

Yeah, I too am a bit surprised that dual audio is not on the radar. I would have expected that most people who use XBMC are audio enthusiasts too, and would be using multiple zones with their AVRs (which would require an analog audio out source unless you spend lots of $$$ on higher end AVRs). Hope this gets put on the roadmap soon.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ReMi - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-25, 21:33)Yukonhijack Wrote: Yeah, I too am a bit surprised that dual audio is not on the radar. .... Hope this gets put on the roadmap soon.

Link:Planned Features for upcoming AE releases
Rules-based decisions for output formats based on hardware capabilities

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - teeedubb - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-26, 20:34)ReMi Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 21:33)Yukonhijack Wrote: Yeah, I too am a bit surprised that dual audio is not on the radar. .... Hope this gets put on the roadmap soon.

Link:Planned Features for upcoming AE releases
Rules-based decisions for output formats based on hardware capabilities

Im pretty sure that has nothing to do with dual audio out.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ubuntu-xbmc - 2013-02-27

XHBL, welcome to the states and good luck with your job search.

To anyone looking for a hardware solution:

Monoprice also provides a box that might help some, but it doesn't work in 100% of applications. The Monoprice 5369 allows you to input Toslink digital audio and output HDMI (with audio) and Toslink simultaneously.

You would need to setup XBMC to output pass-though Toslink audio and DVI, then the 5369 will combine the Toslink sound with the DVI into HDMI, while still providing another Toslink output. I think this helps some dual-audio users, but obviously not all. I'm not sure how / if the device downsamples any of the newer pass-through audios (Dolby TrueHD, HD Audio, etc). And obviously, if you only have HDMI (and no DVI), this doesn't help.

Hopefully someone will pursue a patch that brings this feature back into XBMC.

Edit: here's an image of the 5369:

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - noner - 2013-03-02

(2013-02-25, 15:35)PitMan Wrote: Hello everyone,

noner - Could You explain how to configure Virtual Audio Cable to work with XBMC Frodo? - I need all sounds from XBMC to be simultaneously played to my sound system via SPDIF and to my headphone via analogue (mini jack).

Its quite simple actually, once you read through the included help file.

1. Create an audio cable using the software (one actually gets created when you install, I just used that)
2. There is a program called "repeater" included in the folder, start two (or more than two if you want audio on more than two outputs) instances of the repeater.
3. Connect the repeater (through the drop down list) input as the virtual cable (from step 1) to an audio output device
4. Set the virtual cable (from step 1) as the default output in Windows

For system reboots, you can create a very simple batch file and put it into the system start folder to start the repeaters automatically minimized when the system starts.

As an example, one of my repeaters is going to my TV over HDMI, so I created a batch file with this in it

Code:
start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "TOSHIBA-TV (Intel(R) Display Au" /BufferMs:100 /SamplingRate:48000 /Autostart

The second repeater outputs to my headphones over a bluetooth dongle, created another batch file with this in it:

Code:
start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /Output: "Speakers.Logitech (Logitech Wir" /BufferMs:100 /SamplingRate:48000 /Autostart

Put both batch files in Start > All Programs > Startup

Set it up once, and forget it is even there. Audio works over multiple outputs.

Sorry, just add that Input and Output would be different depending on what they are called on your system... when you start an instance of the repeater, you can see what the names are in the drop down list, just use that in the batch file

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PitMan - 2013-03-04

Well - it's true - now also for me it's simple :-)
Thank you noner for great "How To" and for your time.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - thewarm - 2013-03-05

A quick question about the Virtual Audio Cable software.
Is it possible to have stereo over HDMI with NO DTS or Dolby AND 5.1 over optical with DTS/Dolby?
DTS over HDMI makes a terrible noise on both of my TVs... That's why I rely on this patch!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ReMi - 2013-03-05

(2013-03-05, 16:22)thewarm Wrote: A quick question about the Virtual Audio Cable software.
Is it possible to have stereo over HDMI with NO DTS or Dolby AND 5.1 over optical with DTS/Dolby?
DTS over HDMI makes a terrible noise on both of my TVs... That's why I rely on this patch!

Yes, this works great.
Only to make this patch work, you have to stick with XBMC "Eden" for now

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - anarchoi - 2013-03-11

I have a video card with two output: HDMI and DisplayPort (with an HDMI adapter)

Currently video outputs fine on both ports. But audio will only work on one of the port at time even if my video card is advertised as dual-audio capable
Quote:This card has Discrete Digital Multi-Point Audio that can simultaneously output multiple, independent audio streams. Audio seamlessly follows the video, providing affordable multi-display, multi-audio

I'm desperatly looking for a way to output audio through both of my videocard's ports.

Any suggestion ?

I'm using latest XBMC version.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Sorcer - 2013-03-11

Well, first: have you checked and made sure that you have audio autput on both audio: "one at a time", so that both work. And that you can switch back and forth in xbmc settings GUI

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - anarchoi - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-11, 16:43)Sorcer Wrote: Well, first: have you checked and made sure that you have audio autput on both audio: "one at a time", so that both work. And that you can switch back and forth in xbmc settings GUI

Yes, i can have audio on displayport or on hdmi, problem is that i can't output audio to both at same time. And in the XBMC GUI i need to select the default output port, i can't chose DisplayPort AND hdmi at the same time...
Both ports can output audio, i have tested them

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Sorcer - 2013-03-11

Okay, then the question remains if you are on Windows or Linux/ubuntu etc.

2 paths to go there. (And there are working answers for both on the forum)