Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

- darkscout - 2011-01-29

Just, awesome.

I got this working with current git (c99bbf45e1f8d2f7d590231190351ef3090d263b), if I've searched for ways to make patches not sure if I'm doing it right. Lots of stuff moved around but I just started at the top and worked my way down.

Thank you so much, I really hope they reconsider putting this feature into the AudioEngine branch.

- darkscout - 2011-01-31

The one compiled with 10.10 didn't work for me (I'm running 10.04)

Here is mine:
http://xbmc.exstatic.org/dual-audio-xbmc.bin

Should also note that the splash screen is also full sized, it's just something else I did to my personal build.

- ronaldude - 2011-01-31

Gave it a shot on my ION330, windows 7, Dharma. Seem to work, untill I started a 1080 movie. It played like 1 frame a second, so I have set my original exe back.

I read here more people have this issue. I would really like multi audio output on my ION, so if anyone has a fix for this!

- darkscout - 2011-01-31

Debug Log?

Help?! - TPNielsen - 2011-02-01

Hey everybody!

I'm a totally newb in this XBMC and linux thing, so i need some help!

I really want this script to work with my system, because it's a real treat (great job!!), but i really don't know how to install it?!

My HTPC is running XBMCfreak Live 10, and i'm setting with an Mac.

I have downloaded the "XBMC-10.0-linux-DualAudio.tar", but i really don't know how to get it onto to my HTPC?!

Can anybody please help me with some kind of guidens? Possible a step-by-step?

Cheers...

- darkscout - 2011-02-01

Compile from source or download one of the binaries and replace your xbmc.bin with the one you downloaded. I'm not sure if XBMCfreak is on 10.10 (the link in the first post) or 10.4 the link I just posted.

- TPNielsen - 2011-02-01

darkscout Wrote:Compile from source or download one of the binaries and replace your xbmc.bin with the one you downloaded. I'm not sure if XBMCfreak is on 10.10 (the link in the first post) or 10.4 the link I just posted.

Thank you very much!!! I can see that XBMCFreak is using 10.10, so i guess i can't use your version?

In that case, I really don't know how to compile on mac, so could some one please post .bin file for 10.10?

Thanks guys!

Cheers...

- Thrasher666 - 2011-02-01

Hi,

if i use 2 outputs for the same Source

The TV (HDMi) Speaker as Front and the Receiver Speaker for Sides

There is a Sync-Problem. One of the signal is to fast or too slow for about a sec. Is there a way to fix that or is that impossible because of the different interfaces? It sounds like an echo.

To bad... - TPNielsen - 2011-02-01

Well i managed to get the .bin file where it should be, and did install all the libs, but i'm just getting a black screen when the first XBMC loading screen has appeared...

Any one?

Cheers

- paco - 2011-02-02

What a great patch! I can't believe I hadn't seen it before today. I tested it out on my Geforce 9300 board in Windows 7 32-bit. Coax SPDIF to my amp and HDMI to my TV. Only quirk I've noticed is Menu navigation sounds only appear on the primary audio output. That small issue aside this patch rocks.

Black scrren with the patch - godfreydanials - 2011-02-02

I just loaded the patched xbmc.bin, and am also seeing a black screen after boot, with some flickering.

I was running the 10.04 Live final release. I tried both the SVN-r35662 and the 10.0-linux versions with the same results. I copied the original bin file back and the display is normal. What am I doing wrong?

Edit follows:
I just tried the xbmc.bin that darkscout built (link on prevous page). I have the same results with the black screen.

darkscout,
Why is the release xbmc.bin and both of the OP's patched bins between 12MB and 13MB, yet your build is 85MB?

Any help would be appreciated.

- darkscout - 2011-02-02

No clue, that's just what my compiler made, I didn't do anything fancy, just bootstrap, configure, make.

- TPNielsen - 2011-02-03

godfreydanials Wrote:I just loaded the patched xbmc.bin, and am also seeing a black screen after boot, with some flickering.

I was running the 10.04 Live final release. I tried both the SVN-r35662 and the 10.0-linux versions with the same results. I copied the original bin file back and the display is normal. What am I doing wrong?

Edit follows:
I just tried the xbmc.bin that darkscout built (link on prevous page). I have the same results with the black screen.

darkscout,
Why is the release xbmc.bin and both of the OP's patched bins between 12MB and 13MB, yet your build is 85MB?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm with this one! Any help would be very much appreciated!! Cause this patch is very neat!

Worked Perfectly - GqPilot - 2011-02-04

Thank you so much. This worked perfectly for me. I'm running Dharma on Windows 7. I can now have Digital audio with surround sound and DTS and all that good stuff in the living room and stereo analogue sound going to the zone two speakers outside. Totally awesome.LaughBig GrinLaugh

- erhnam - 2011-02-04

How complex would it to port this to the OSX version of XBMC? (I don't have the skills.. Sad )