Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2010-12-30

Rad_ Wrote:If you had watched 10 shows of the 180, you would be 18% done with the series. To show this as a pie chart, you would fill in a slice from 0 to 20 degrees (of 360 degrees to fill the circle), and you would have a visual representation of the 18%. (18% of 360 = 20)

Hey hey - this gives me an idea! I could create a semi-transparent overlay for the clock face that represents 1 degree of rotation. So, as you rotate you "shade" behind the clock hand to represent the amount watched. Might make it a bit easier to conceptualize visually for the casual user.

So, for an 18% rotation, we display the shaded pie-wedge 18 times with 1 degree rotation applied to each.

I like it!

- garyi - 2010-12-30

The clock idea thing is overly complicated and only there for the sake of doing it. I don't think it will add anything other than complexity and people will soon ignore it.

Now when will this skin be ready Wink

- Diekund - 2010-12-30

blacklist Wrote:Hey hey - this gives me an idea! I could create a semi-transparent overlay for the clock face that represents 1 degree of rotation. So, as you rotate you "shade" behind the clock hand to represent the amount watched. Might make it a bit easier to conceptualize visually for the casual user.

So, for an 18% rotation, we display the shaded pie-wedge 18 times with 1 degree rotation applied to each.

I like it!

Just do you dont use his mathmatical skills when making it Laugh 10/180 !=18%, more like 5.5%!

- blacklist - 2010-12-30

garyi Wrote:The clock idea thing is overly complicated and only there for the sake of doing it. I don't think it will add anything other than complexity and people will soon ignore it.

Now when will this skin be ready Wink

Or it will be so clean and user friendly that it will fade into the background because it is so intuitive. Which should be the goal of good design.

Plus I kind of like it

And don't diss math skills of someone typing on a phone in traffic. It isn't polite.

- blacklist - 2010-12-30

TV Season view update:

Note to self (and ronie) - I think the season thumbs may need some celotape. Yesh. I think they do. I didn't consider how you would know which was selected. I suppose we can use the red dot like we do on the home screen. Works for me. Bueno!

PS ronie finally has all the files for the TV show mockups. Yay! Work can finally begin on that section!

- alshain - 2010-12-30

SickBeard scrapes the episodes step by step, the count of how many episodes there are increases with each scraped episode.

I like the clock idea.

You can get a list of all Episodes through this

- blacklist - 2010-12-30

alshain Wrote:SickBeard scrapes the episodes step by step, the count of how many episodes there are increases with each scraped episode.

I like the clock idea.

You can get a list of all Episodes through this

Yeow! I'm not sure its worth pulling the full series info just to get an episode count.

- blacklist - 2010-12-30

A little mockup that better illustrates the clock idea.

Another use... total time of a movie, and your watched time. NICE!

(Ignore the poor image editing. I suck)

- blacklist - 2010-12-30

With Clock Applied. Maybe too crowded now. Might have to consider a plan B.

- ZexisStryfe - 2010-12-31

The major problem I have with the pocketwatch is when looking at that screenshot it is very clear what every element is and does, with the exception of the watch...

- blacklist - 2010-12-31

Its a little sad that the only song people know from Nerf Herder is the Buffy Theme Song. I imagine that most people don't even know its a band called Nerf Herder. Good stuff.

- ppic - 2010-12-31

don't understand your last post Sad

- blacklist - 2010-12-31

ppic Wrote:don't understand your last post Sad

Sorry, I was making a random totally off topic post about the band who did the theme song for Buffy the vampire slayer.

- JustinAiken - 2010-12-31

I came from the other way... I loved Nerf Herder, and had never heard of Buffy... after finally being convinced to watch it after loving Firefly, I was all "OMG! That's Nerf Herder!!!"

- blacklist - 2010-12-31

clock2113 Wrote:I came from the other way... I loved Nerf Herder, and had never heard of Buffy... after finally being convinced to watch it after loving Firefly, I was all "OMG! That's Nerf Herder!!!"

Actually that's the direction I came from as well. Ah early 90's pop punk bands!