Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2011-01-15

ppic Wrote:totatally of script !

night is able to do it, i think this is done with stringcompare on xbmc last added list.

That would be very convenient! We'll see what Ronie can come up with. Smile

- blacklist - 2011-01-15

Working on some miscellaneous dialogs.

- ppic - 2011-01-15

good!

- bluedevil229 - 2011-01-15

clock2113 Wrote:Freaking sweet! I had no idea Samuel Jackson was in an anime....

The skin looks great too! Tongue
Hey, you say you have 15.5 TB in your unraid. What motherboard and case are you using for your server?

- blacklist - 2011-01-15

bluedevil229 Wrote:Hey, you say you have 15.5 TB in your unraid. What motherboard and case are you using for your server?

Hey, can we keep this at least somewhat on topic?

- Unitydisconnect - 2011-01-15

absolutely badass

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

Library Update. Needs needle showing percentage complete. And a place to show media added. Maybe a window on the top right. Not even sure this is possible Tongue

- alshain - 2011-01-16

the updates look awesome Big Grin

Great work!

- ronie - 2011-01-16

blacklist Wrote:Image

Library Update. Needs needle showing percentage complete. And a place to show media added. Maybe a window on the top right. Not even sure this is possible Tongue

'fraid not. update percentage is not available to the skin in xbmc.
you could create a feature request for it though...

guess we could use a c++ guru on the paperstreet team,
who's interested in creating xbmc patches for all the bugs/missing items we come across ;-)

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

ronie Wrote:'fraid not. update percentage is not available to the skin in xbmc.

who's interested in creating xbmc patches for all the bugs/missing items we come across ;-)

I like it! Any volenteers? Big Grin

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

ronie Wrote:'fraid not. update percentage is not available to the skin in xbmc.

If its not showing percentage complete - what is the progress bar supposed to be actually showing then. I guess in the back of my mind we are only replacing the bar with a needle (of course I know its not quite that simple. Smile

- ronie - 2011-01-16

blacklist Wrote:If its not showing percentage complete - what is the progress bar supposed to be actually showing then. I guess in the back of my mind we are only replacing the bar with a needle (of course I know its not quite that simple. Smile

several things are handled by xbmc internally and can't be altered by the skin.

currently, you just define a 'progress control' and xbmc will handle the rest.
what we need is a 'update progress' info label, so i can use that info to create a rotate animation for the needle.

the 'update progress' information is currently not available to the skin...it's available to xbmc internally.

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

ronie Wrote:several things are handled by xbmc internally and can't be altered by the skin.

currently, you just define a 'progress control' and xbmc will handle the rest.
what we need is a 'update progress' info label, so i can use that info to create a rotate animation for the needle.

the 'update progress' information is currently not available to the skin...it's available to xbmc internally.

Got it. So we basically need someone with some knowledge of c++ to go in and make that data available via an infolable. Requires finding the right data, passing it out, defining the infolable and making the correct adjustment to pass it and make it available to the skin.

Way above my head I'm afraid. Maybe someone will be intrepid enough to give it a shot.

- blacklist - 2011-01-16

I'm guessing we don't have access to whether a show has ended or is continuing (a la sickbeard)? That would a nice little infolabel to have as well...

- ronie - 2011-01-16

blacklist Wrote:I'm guessing we don't have access to whether a show has ended or is continuing (a la sickbeard)? That would a nice little infolable to have as well...

maybe we can use the next aired script for it.
if a show is available in the next aired list, it's a continuing series.