Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- ronie - 2011-01-19

dunpealhunter Wrote:Do you also have a bar in video's that you can use with your mouse to go to specific parts of a video?
there'll be no mouse support in the skin.

dunpealhunter Wrote:I miss that in almost every skin i see.
correct, reason is, it's not possible in xbmc.

dunpealhunter Wrote:The only skin that i found that has something remotely like that is transparency with the scrollweel.
as far as i know, i'm not using any special tricks in T!
so if your scrollwheel works there, it should in every skin.

- ronie - 2011-01-19

Pr.Sinister Wrote:My Sick Beard Footer :

525 shows (233 active) | 18332/20557 episodes downloaded

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

wow...guess my collection (3 running shows out of a total of 20) is not really representative then...

blacklist Wrote:I'm thinking that 20 might be too few. I can tell you that 20 runs absolutly acceptably fast... I'd like to scale it up to 50, then 100 and see how that works.

Or heck, make it user-configurable.

it's not as easy as that. it all has to be pre-coded in the skin and it's not just changing a number in some file.
it can be a lot of code for each tv show and it's code known to ask for quite a bit of resources. hence it's limited to 20-30 in most skins.

but sure, i'm all for trying to see how far we can push things. ;-)

blacklist Wrote:Then you can run it up until your monitor starts to bleed Tongue

it's your cpu that'll do the bleeding. :-)

- ronie - 2011-01-19

ppic Wrote:for myself: 120+ tv shows. always around 30 next aired infos returned by the script (so add add some show actually in error)

i may re-think the addon code in a backend as tvtune is doing, so you'll only have to launch the backend when entering my videonav, on each item focused, my script will push the properties you want, this way:
you'll have really less code to to
if property empty, you don't have to display it
no more 20+ repeat lines in code.

sounds good to you ?

if it doesn't break any of the current functionality i'm all for it.

several skins (paperstreet/simplicity) also use your script outside of the videolibrary to create a tv schedule like this:

i hope this will still be possible if you change your script.

- ppic - 2011-01-19

yes, it will still be possible Wink
don't worry about that.

- ronie - 2011-01-19

ppic Wrote:yes, it will still be possible Wink
don't worry about that.

cool, thanx! :-)

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

ronie Wrote:Image

i hope this will still be possible if you change your script.

I've got an idea for a re-design of this screen since were using poster in it Ronie. Ill get a mockup put together today most likely. Can we make this list scroll? I'm thinking about expanding to a full weeks listing as well.

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

ronie Wrote:wow...guess my collection (3 running shows out of a total of 20) is not really representative then...

it's not as easy as that. it all has to be pre-coded in the skin and it's not just changing a number in some file.
it can be a lot of code for each tv show and it's code known to ask for quite a bit of resources. hence it's limited to 20-30 in most skins.

but sure, i'm all for trying to see how far we can push things. ;-)

it's your cpu that'll do the bleeding. :-)

I always forget that for a lot of these lists you don't get some kind of loop for each iteration, but have to hard code each item. (Like the RSS feeds) I wonder how non-trivial that sort of functionality would be to add to the skinning engine. For the RSS feed, simply define what an item looks like and loop over that item X times, increasing Y variable with each iteration.

*shrugs*

- ronie - 2011-01-19

blacklist Wrote:I've got an idea for a re-design of this screen since were using poster in it Ronie. Ill get a mockup put together today most likely. Can we make this list scroll?
sure we can.

but what we can't do (ignore what i've coded so far...it's incorrect) is use alternate left/right layouts for the episodes.
since it's a list, each item on it has the same layout.

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

ronie Wrote:sure we can.

but what we can't do (ignore what i've coded so far...it's incorrect) is use alternate left/right layouts for the episodes.
since it's a list, each item on it has the same layout.

Boo! Ok. I've got an idea to make it work I think.

- blacklist - 2011-01-19

How about this?
As you scroll to each item, change the logo and poster art. You wont be able to actually select anything, however... Maybe selecting an item would take you to that show's page?

And back clears the screen... (which it doesn't do now for some reason btw, I actually have to push esc)

Oh oh oh!!! How about this! If the episode is episode 1 of the season we can add some sort of "Season premiere" tag. I like it! Can be done with a stringcompare? I think we should use this throughout the TV views if its possible. I'll work something up.

- ronie - 2011-01-19

blacklist Wrote:Image

How about this?
how about difficult to code? ;-)

that's two lists (or more?), one for each day.
so we need to use onright/onleft to jump from one to the next one.
no problem there...and up/down will scroll inside each list,
but i assume you also want the entire page to scroll up/down
to get to the lists for wednesday, thursday and so on...?

not a clue if that can be done.

blacklist Wrote:As you scroll to each item, change the logo and poster art. You wont be able to actually select anything, however... Maybe selecting an item would take you to that show's page?

currently no...but if the script could pull the database entry for the tv show (ie videodb://2/2/1) then i guess you could.

blacklist Wrote:And back clears the screen... (which it doesn't do now for some reason btw, I actually have to push esc)

create a ticket on trac and tell the devs 'Back' doesn't work on custom dialogs.

use 'ok' / 'enter' to close.

blacklist Wrote:Oh oh oh!!! How about this! If the episode is episode 1 of the season we can add some sort of "Season premiere" tag. I like it! Can be done with a stringcompare?

if the info is available online, yes.

next aired supports:
Quote:"NextAired.%d.Status" -- Show season/tvshow status (example: "Returning Serie" , "Final Season", "New Serie")

try to find out if season premieres are listed as such.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-19

Poor ronie. Wink

- ppic - 2011-01-19

Quote:Originally Posted by blacklist View Post
As you scroll to each item, change the logo and poster art. You wont be able to actually select anything, however... Maybe selecting an item would take you to that show's page?
hum, the last number is the db id of the show no?

Quote:if the info is available online, yes.

next aired supports:
Quote:
"NextAired.%d.Status" -- Show season/tvshow status (example: "Returning Serie" , "Final Season", "New Serie")
try to find out if season premieres are listed as such
Hum maybe...
but if you want it for each episode 1, should be able to do it with stringcompare. cause the script is returning ep number.

- ppic - 2011-01-19

Hitcher Wrote:Poor ronie. Wink

he's not the only one who has headaches lol!

but it's so fun to see all of that, can't stop !

- ronie - 2011-01-19

ppic Wrote:he's not the only one who has headaches lol!

i can see blacklist leaning back in a comfortable chair
just randomly throwing some unrelated pieces together on a photoshop sheet
and thinking "heh, let's see what those guys will make of it"