Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- mcborzu - 2011-02-02

I use Fraps to record then use Windows Media Maker to edit it...

- bridgman - 2011-02-02

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/

Camtasia is easy to record and edit with. As far as I know trial version does not watermark. Has an option to upload directly to youtube. It's editor looks like what windows movie maker should. if you have used windows moviemaker Camtasia will be easy to adjust to.

- blacklist - 2011-02-04

Just going to say... it feels like we've made a good bit of headway in the last couple days. I swear ronie has been coding for 24 hours straight today.

It definatly feels like we're pushing the boundires of XBMC here. Anyone wants to get ready for actor fanart:

Actor Name-fanart.jpg [1200x900 or so...]
Actor Name-thumb1.jpg [800x800 square is how i've been making mine]
Actor Name-thumb2.jpg [see thumb1]
Actor Name-folder.jpg [800x1000 is how i've been making them, although right now all I'm using them for is a 800x800 square]

I'm going to make a new actor "poster" view that will make use of the folder. All the images have fallbacks, and all of the thumbs and poster are being (potentially) filled in thanks to an excellent script from ppic. Right now I'm pulling the 600 most popular actors from my database and seeing a decent lag when doing so, but I will sacrifice a little performance to get the larger list. Lists at 250 and below are nice and snappy.

When we get closer to release I'll probably release a pack of the images I've created so far for the actor fanart... maybe one of the scraper sites will pick up on the idea.

- Muskyinoz - 2011-02-04

What are the chances of this running (smoothly) on an ATV2? I'm guessing pretty low but I'm living in hope Smile

- ZombieRobot - 2011-02-04

Muskyinoz Wrote:What are the chances of this running (smoothly) on an ATV2? I'm guessing pretty low but I'm living in hope Smile

ha seeing how this skin has every feature you could think of and then some i would say very low but who knows ronie is a good coder i got a atv2 and jailbroke it to test skins on all i can say is what a terrible experience i guess i am comparing it to a core i5 htpc though.

hey blacklist did you check out this video on movie quiz xbmc plug in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fD-2E_YuCw could be a bit tacky but who knows people may love it.

- blacklist - 2011-02-04

ZombieRobot Wrote:ha seeing how this skin has every feature you could think of and then some i would say very low but who knows ronie is a good coder i got a atv2 and jailbroke it to test skins on all i can say is what a terrible experience i guess i am comparing it to a core i5 htpc though.

hey blacklist did you check out this video on movie quiz xbmc plug in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fD-2E_YuCw could be a bit tacky but who knows people may love it.

Yeah, I'm not certain a lower powered machine is going to be able to handle what we're throwing down. That being said, who knows. And if people are into it maybe we can mod down a light version.

My advice though.... Build a htpc. Smile

- ultramanxp - 2011-02-04

blacklist Wrote:My advice though.... Build a htpc. Smile

+1 Nod

- ppic - 2011-02-04

blacklist Wrote:Just going to say... it feels like we've made a good bit of headway in the last couple days. I swear ronie has been coding for 24 hours straight today.

It definatly feels like we're pushing the boundires of XBMC here. Anyone wants to get ready for actor fanart:

Actor Name-fanart.jpg [1200x900 or so...]
Actor Name-thumb1.jpg [800x800 square is how i've been making mine]
Actor Name-thumb2.jpg [see thumb1]
Actor Name-folder.jpg [800x1000 is how i've been making them, although right now all I'm using them for is a 800x800 square]

I'm going to make a new actor "poster" view that will make use of the folder. All the images have fallbacks, and all of the thumbs and poster are being (potentially) filled in thanks to an excellent script from ppic. Right now I'm pulling the 600 most popular actors from my database and seeing a decent lag when doing so, but I will sacrifice a little performance to get the larger list. Lists at 250 and below are nice and snappy.

When we get closer to release I'll probably release a pack of the images I've created so far for the actor fanart... maybe one of the scraper sites will pick up on the idea.

yes, it won't stay laggy Wink
the script you have is a working version , but i've planned to change some function to be able to push each item when scrapped instead of load the full list after data scrapping.
I will be on holiday next week, i don't think i'll be able to code so you'll have to wait a bit.

- blacklist - 2011-02-04

ppic Wrote:yes, it won't stay laggy Wink
the script you have is a working version , but i've planned to change some function to be able to push each item when scrapped instead of load the full list after data scrapping.
I will be on holiday next week, i don't think i'll be able to code so you'll have to wait a bit.

Have a great holiday, can't wait to see what you have in store for us. Smile

- dunpealhunter - 2011-02-04

I watch a lot of anime's, and some of these anime's are multilinguistic. Is it possible to change between different audio channels to get the language i want? Also is it possible in the settings to put one language as default?

- blacklist - 2011-02-05

dunpealhunter Wrote:I watch a lot of anime's, and some of these anime's are multilinguistic. Is it possible to change between different audio channels to get the language i want? Also is it possible in the settings to put one language as default?

Yes. (Not skin specific - in audio settings)
No. (I don't believe xbmc has the option of selecting a default language)

- filigran - 2011-02-05

blacklist Wrote:Yes. (Not skin specific - in audio settings)
No. (I don't believe xbmc has the option of selecting a default language)

IIRC it uses the interface language ... I think I saw a thread a while back where people were annoyed about this 'feature', 'cause they liked to use english as their interface language, but wanted their movies/tvshows in another language.

- blacklist - 2011-02-09

A little plea... I need a quick, dirty little python script. I have spent many more hours that I care to admit trying to get it to work - anyone have a bit of time and could give me a hand?

Basically all I'm trying to do is write a script that make a database call to xbmc via httpapi and then parse out the results to the skin which I think is just potentially just a bunch of self.WINDOW.setProperty()

If someone could just help me with the barebones to run the sql and return the results to the window... I can get the correct SQL statement and setProperty working.

For instance, with the one I'm working on now... I need to query the database with the actorID, and return all the movies that actor appears in. I need to return the movie title, the poster link, and the movie path.

What I have done:
PHP Code:
import xbmc
from xbmcgui import Window
import re
import sys
import os
import random
import time

class Main:

# grab the home window

WINDOW Window10000 )

def _parse_argvself ):
        try:

# parse sys.argv for params

params dictarg.split"=" ) for arg in sys.argv].split"&" ) )

except:

# no params passed

params = {}

# set our preferences

print params
        self
.actorID intparams.get"actorID""12" ) )

def __init__self ):

self._parse_argv()

self._fetch_movie_info()

def _fetch_movie_infoself ):

# sql statement for most watched        

sql_movies "SELECT t1.strRole, t2.c09, t2.c00, t2.strFileName, t2.strPath FROM actorlinkmovie t1 LEFT JOIN movieview AS t2 ON t1.idMovie = t2.idMovie WHERE t1.idActor = "actorID" % (self.LIMIT, ) 
        # query the database
        movies_xml = xbmc.executehttpapi( "
QueryVideoDatabase(%s)" % quote_plus( sql_movies ), )
        # separate the records
        movies = re.findall( "
<record>(.+?)</record>", movies_xml, re.DOTALL )
        # enumerate thru our records and set our properties
        for count, movie in enumerate( movies ):
            # separate individual fields
            fields = re.findall( "
<field>(.*?)</field>", movie, re.DOTALL )
            # set properties
            print "
### %s - %s" % (fields[ 2 ] ,fields[ 26 ])

self.WINDOW.setProperty"ActorAppearances.%d.ActorRole" % ( count 1, ), fields] )

self.WINDOW.setProperty"ActorAppearances.%d.MovieTitle" % ( count 1, ), fields] )

self.WINDOW.setProperty"ActorAppearances.%d.MoviePoster" % ( count 1, ), fields] )

self.WINDOW.setProperty"ActorAppearances.%d.FileName" % ( count 1, ), fields] )

self.WINDOW.setProperty"ActorAppearances.%d.FileName" % ( count 1, ), fields] )

if ( 
__name__ == "__main__" ):

Main() 

Then the call from the skin:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.actorappearances,actor=12)</onfocus>

What am I missing?

- blacklist - 2011-02-11

Got it fixed, for anyone who's interested Wink

- Advocate - 2011-02-11

Count me in as interested I can't wait to try your baby!