Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- ppic - 2011-02-13

yes, i've seens the new actor script, can you just explain me what you've done, i've seen that all scripts have been updated !

- blacklist - 2011-02-13

ppic Wrote:yes, i've seens the new actor script, can you just explain me what you've done, i've seen that all scripts have been updated !

Actors script pulls the list of the actors media from the database. It's pretty quick and dirty but works a treat.

The changes to recently watched adds the actorid to be returned, which let's the actors script get the data it needs.

The random script simply returns a random number for us to use to randomize some of the GUI elements.

Think that's about it.

- ppic - 2011-02-13

oki, i'll see that to see what i need to change.

the problem i have for now is that i have no pictures displayed in rss feeds.

- blacklist - 2011-02-13

ppic Wrote:oki, i'll see that to see what i need to change.

the problem i have for now is that i have no pictures displayed in rss feeds.

Make sure you have the latest version. Of grajens script. Look in the thread for the RSS script and grab the last one he posted. I don't think we have updated the one on the project page.

- ppic - 2011-02-13

argh, that shoulb be the problem.
can you put the last one on the project? i've got my reading list full after one week away Wink

- ronie - 2011-02-13

blacklist Wrote:Make sure you have the latest version. Of grajens script. Look in the thread for the RSS script and grab the last one he posted. I don't think we have updated the one on the project page.

i'm pretty sure i did, but will re-up in a minute.

edit:
done.

- blacklist - 2011-02-13

ppic Wrote:argh, that shoulb be the problem.
can you put the last one on the project? i've got my reading list full after one week away Wink

No problem! Just glad to have you back sir, I have definitly been missing your skills this week! I think I've got another months worth of python scripting for you. Big Grin

- ppic - 2011-02-13

let me re-enter in the code ! i'm a little lost here !

i'm also trying to get my librairy clean, as i move my data on another nas actually.

it's a mess in my mind !!!

- blacklist - 2011-02-14

ppic Wrote:let me re-enter in the code ! i'm a little lost here !

i'm also trying to get my librairy clean, as i move my data on another nas actually.

it's a mess in my mind !!!

Good luck getting it sorted out man!

- Shinu - 2011-02-14

i had no idea this skin had made such major progress! i honestly thought it was still in the 'conceptual phase'. it's going to look absolutely breathtaking once done. do u believe that the skin would require more GPU or CPU/HD horsepower? i intend to build an HTPC once i get a new tv and wondering if i should still with on-board graphics or buy a GPU off the bat.

- blacklist - 2011-02-14

Shinu Wrote:i had no idea this skin had made such major progress! i honestly thought it was still in the 'brainstorming phase'. it's going to look absolutely breathtaking once done. do u believe that the skin would require more GPU or CPU/HD horsepower? i intend to build an HTPC once i get a new tv and wondering if i should still with on-board graphics or buy a GPU off the bat.

All the credit goes to ronie. The man is a machine. I'm running on a fairly hefty machine, but ppic is running on an ion so he may be able to comment on any bottlenecks he is seeing.

The only places I currently see issues are in the same places I always see issues - mainly because my library is so big. I've got 2400 movies, 12000 episodes, and something around 50,000 songs. I see bottlenecks when opening my library, and catch up with the script on the initial actor load... But ppic is working on that as well.

So, my point is I'm not entirely sure this is going to eat machines the way some folks think it might.

- blacklist - 2011-02-14

Best.... Idea.... Evar!!!!

Stay tuned for footage of ronie's head exploding.

- Shinu - 2011-02-14

blacklist Wrote:All the credit goes to ronie. The man is a machine. I'm running on a fairly hefty machine, but ppic is running on an ion so he may be able to comment on any bottlenecks he is seeing.

The only places I currently see issues are in the same places I always see issues - mainly because my library is so big. I've got 2400 movies, 12000 episodes, and something around 50,000 songs. I see bottlenecks when opening my library, and catch up with the script on the initial actor load... But ppic is working on that as well.

So, my point is I'm not entirely sure this is going to eat machines the way some folks think it might.

well i have 2700+ movie and around 3000 tv show episodes so what ever works for u, i think i'll go with. Laugh glad to see you all aren't leaving folks with average PCs out in the cold. looking forward to seeing what you guy reveal next!

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-14

I was wondering if you could implement the cinema experience script add on in this skin.

- blacklist - 2011-02-14

rflores2323 Wrote:I was wondering if you could implement the cinema experience script add on in this skin.

Possibly. Not something I use, but I think ronie has it integrated to T! so he may know what we need to do to make it work.