Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2011-02-17

Just some quick notes for myself about music flow.

Music Home -> Artists List -> Artist Detail (currently just xbmc discography)
Music Home -> Artist List -> Info (aka Artist detail, just bio w/ link to discography - not dbase connected)
Music Home -> Album List -> Track List
Music Home -> Album List -> Info (Album Info, link to tracks - not dbase connected)
Music Home -> Songs (equiv to Track List) -> Info (song details)
Music Home -> Genre List (no info) -> Album List -> Artist List

Ok, going to have to figure out where to optimize this flow, and where we need custom dialogs vs. canned XBMC.

- ppic - 2011-02-17

ronie,blacklist:
i've started to move actor stuff from recently added to actor script, please don't modify them now Wink
i should soon give them back with quicker execution Wink

- ronie - 2011-02-17

ppic Wrote:ronie,blacklist:
i've started to move actor stuff from recently added to actor script, please don't modify them now Wink

thanx for the heads-up!
looking forward to the optimized version....we really need it ;-)

- Shinu - 2011-02-17

ronie Wrote:this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwkFaXK1Z_A

damn! that's noice!!! didn't know xbmc was capable of such things. the surface it's on is kinda barren though. ever thought about populating it with miscellaneous stuff? just for aesthetics?

- blacklist - 2011-02-17

ppic Wrote:ronie,blacklist:

Not touching it! Looking foreward to seeing the optimized verison Smile Are you going to add in the filmography stuff that we had been discussing as well?

- ppic - 2011-02-17

i'll lokk for that, for now it's speeding up the actor process.

- blacklist - 2011-02-18

ppic Wrote:i'll lokk for that, for now it's speeding up the actor process.

Checking it out now Smile

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-18

blacklist Wrote:Possibly. Not something I use, but I think ronie has it integrated to T! so he may know what we need to do to make it work.

Ronie... any plans on integrating the HTE addon in the skin? would be great to have it from the get go. Thanks and this project is looking awesome.. I cant wait for it to come out and we can test it.

- garyi - 2011-02-18

I hope there is consideration for the noises.

Not to loud, and I think pages of a book being flipped or what ever but very subtle. Ellipsis skin's noises are perfect in terms of subtly and volume but something different for this skin I think. Alaskas noises are to intrusive so nothing like that.

- JustinAiken - 2011-02-18

If there is a page turn sound, there needs to be like 10 subtly different ones that round robin; hearing the exact same .wav file EVERY TIME would get old really fast...

- anotheruser - 2011-02-18

Hey, just to add some comments:

Although I wouldn't be using this skin, I think it's fantastic. I certainly will be keeping an eye on it and hope it'll encourage a new breed of skins Big Grin

Excellent work!

- blacklist - 2011-02-18

garyi Wrote:I hope there is consideration for the noises.

Not to loud, and I think pages of a book being flipped or what ever but very subtle. Ellipsis skin's noises are perfect in terms of subtly and volume but something different for this skin I think. Alaskas noises are to intrusive so nothing like that.

clock2113 Wrote:If there is a page turn sound, there needs to be like 10 subtly different ones that round robin; hearing the exact same .wav file EVERY TIME would get old really fast...

To quote Team XBMC "Patch welcome" Smile

Honestly though, this hasn't been anything any of us have had time to look at, research, etc. I would be happy to consider any options of you guys have good ideas for sources, etc.

- blacklist - 2011-02-18

anotheruser Wrote:Hey, just to add some comments:

Although I wouldn't be using this skin, I think it's fantastic. I certainly will be keeping an eye on it and hope it'll encourage a new breed of skins Big Grin

Excellent work!

Thanks!

And just for my record, these posts are my FAVORITE Smile

"I really don't like what you're doing at all, but good job doing it!"

- garyi - 2011-02-18

Well I like what you are doing and think that you should be doing it Wink

- JustinAiken - 2011-02-18

blacklist Wrote:To quote Team XBMC "Patch welcome" Smile

Honestly though, this hasn't been anything any of us have had time to look at, research, etc. I would be happy to consider any options of you guys have good ideas for sources, etc.

I don't know anything about scripting, but I could make source sounds...