Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- Shinu - 2011-02-21

nice!!! u should have a season level or main view showing the cover page which would have the poster, page count (number of eps) or issue number for seasons, along with other stuff that's usually on a comic cover, like text popups for plot, etc. just a thought. Paper Street Comics would make a cool logo btw Smile

- stoli - 2011-02-21

ronie Wrote:good luck on the coding part then ;-p

Lmfao. Can you make it mow my lawn too?

It's all great work, but as a pm, I feel the pain

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-02-21

This skin is really unique.
I am sure that there wasn't any mediacenter-skin in the last decades
which had such a retro-revolutionary GUI as TPSSC.

Cheers

- hdmax - 2011-02-21

I for one will build a new more powerful HTPC just for this skin if need be.
3 of the 5 HTPC I have in my home is without a doubt plenty powerful enough already, (Core i7 930's with 12 GB ddr3 ram, and SSD running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit) the other two are 3 and 5 years old, and I was planing to build new ones this year, but will hold off to have the very latest whenever this new skin is ready for prime time.
Keep up the good work guys!
Thanks for giving us something to look forward to....
blacklist Wrote:We are making use of several existing scripts (recentlyadded, nextaired), but are adding 3 or 4 of our own (so far). We are definitly targeting the offical repo, and have made sure at each step to make sure we are using properly licensed fonts, etc. I'm afraid the sheer size of the skin may be what keeps us out, however.

As far as the scripts go, as of right now I'm planning on including the scripts with the skin.... but we're a long way off from release and have plenty of time to adjust what were doing before then.

- blacklist - 2011-02-21

No.1 Watch out, the new nightlies have database change that require some work Smile (Particularly if you are using MySQL)
No.2 Isn't there a way to change where your thumbnail cache gets stored? It seems like it was in advancedsettings, but for the life of me I can't find it.

- stoli - 2011-02-21

blacklist Wrote:No.1 Watch out, the new nightlies have database change that require some work Smile (Particularly if you are using MySQL)
No.2 Isn't there a way to change where your thumbnail cache gets stored? It seems like it was in advancedsettings, but for the life of me I can't find it.

1 - Care to elaborate? Smile
2 - I don't believe you can change the location. It's either in the userdata folder or in the portable folder, depending on startup method.

- blacklist - 2011-02-21

stoli Wrote:1 - Care to elaborate? Smile
2 - I don't believe you can change the location. It's either in the userdata folder or in the portable folder, depending on startup method.

I am TOTALLY going to elaborate, as soon as I get it actually working Tongue

Having some issues just getting it to run atm.

(Ok so this was totally my bad - I had turned name resolution off on my mysql server, but my advancedsettings still showed "localhost" rather than the IP address... so mostly and ID10T problem.)

I'll let you know if I find any other issues, but the dbase HAS changed so you are going to need to re-create your tables if you use MySQL.

- Wingie - 2011-02-22

@blacklist this how to solve your number2 question
Put this in your advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
     <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
     <to>smb://xbmc:xbmc@prometheus/xbmc/Thumbnails/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Ps: great skin, every day i'm looking for updated news with my ipad. Very nice to see it evolving.

- Zrino - 2011-02-22

Hi BlackList

I like ur work and PaperStreet looks awesome. Compliments for that!!!
When u planing to publish ur new skin for use or test? Really want to try it ....
In ur video preview i can see jitters and skin is not fluent like it should be, so is it coz complex graphic elements or maybe u use low end proc/pc? Big Grin

- art76 - 2011-02-22

Awesome looking skin! And I thought I had just settled on the skin to use... this skin makes that decision harder, well once it's released that is... Big Grin

- blacklist - 2011-02-22

Zrino Wrote:Hi BlackList

I like ur work and PaperStreet looks awesome. Compliments for that!!!
When u planing to publish ur new skin for use or test? Really want to try it ....
In ur video preview i can see jitters and skin is not fluent like it should be, so is it coz complex graphic elements or maybe u use low end proc/pc? Big Grin

It is still a work in progress.

- blacklist - 2011-02-22

Wingie Wrote:@blacklist this how to solve your number2 question
Put this in your advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
     <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
     <to>smb://xbmc:xbmc@prometheus/xbmc/Thumbnails/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Ps: great skin, every day i'm looking for updated news with my ipad. Very nice to see it evolving.

Thanks Wingie - that works a treat.

download - sling - 2011-02-23

Where can i download this fantastic looking skin?

- ppic - 2011-02-23

sling Wrote:Where can i download this fantastic looking skin?

nowhere.

- Helter_Skelter - 2011-02-23

sling Wrote:Where can i download this fantastic looking skin?

post of the day! Big Grin