Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2010-12-07

MarkTaunton Wrote:I'm leaning to the this skin might be nice for younger people, rather than as a mainstream skin for Adults.

Actually, as grungy as the textures are, I'm not sure young people would be the target audience - although, I have to admit that having so much information up front may make this easier for youger or less-tech-saavy users to get into.

- Muskyinoz - 2010-12-08

I'm in my mid thirties and I LOVE the look of this, soon as it's released it's taking over from Night on my machines

- MarkTaunton - 2010-12-08

Don't get me wrong I love the skin, but it kind of reminds me of a spell book, something that would be perfect for more family oriented movies such as harry potter.

It is excellent to see someone else pushing the boundaries of XBMC rather than the same skin rehashed.

- blacklist - 2010-12-08

MarkTaunton Wrote:Don't get me wrong I love the skin, but it kind of reminds me of a spell book, something that would be perfect for more family oriented movies such as harry potter.

It is excellent to see someone else pushing the boundaries of XBMC rather than the same skin rehashed.

I appreciate it! Exciting news today is thanks to grajen3 the rss feed system is working and thanks to ppic I think we have jumped a couple of the other technical hurdles! Now I've got to think of some other crazy ideas to keep them busy. Big Grin

- rflores2323 - 2010-12-08

wow this skin is soo different. love it. Does this work on camelot or only dharma? when will it be released? will this work on a revo3610?

- blacklist - 2010-12-08

rflores2323 Wrote:wow this skin is soo different. love it. Does this work on camelot or only dharma? when will it be released? will this work on a revo3610?

I can't imagine it running on a release less than RC1 or RC2... we are taking advantage of a lot of the recent updates in the skin. But just out of curiosity, why would you still be running Camelot?

- rflores2323 - 2010-12-09

blacklist Wrote:I can't imagine it running on a release less than RC1 or RC2... we are taking advantage of a lot of the recent updates in the skin. But just out of curiosity, why would you still be running Camelot?

The main reason I have not upgraded is due to the script home theater experience. It does not work on dharma and I really want (with alot of others on the board) this script. Nuka is no longer maintaining it as he quit the xbmc team.

- ppic - 2010-12-09

you'll need to update sooner or later, it's lot of work to maintain different versions.

- mortstar - 2010-12-09

rflores2323 Wrote:The main reason I have not upgraded is due to the script home theater experience. It does not work on dharma and I really want (with alot of others on the board) this script. Nuka is no longer maintaining it as he quit the xbmc team.

Very off-topic, but I was reading that thread and someone has uploaded a working version for Dharma RC2.

On-topic. Looking very nice blacklist! Also, it seems like your 'vision' could lead to improvements to all via the core xbmc libs and improved scripts, which can only be a good thing.

Whilst I was browsing round this forum, someone had linked up psike's youtube channel, whereupon there is this video showing some pretty classy animations....may be worth roping in psike for discussions about the page turn Wink

- tikkiew - 2010-12-09

On some views when you highlight the item, only than you will see a watched logo. I wish there is watched logo on all views. Of course for the reason to see immediately if it has been watched or not. Example movie list view doesn't have this. Did you do this on purpose?

- blacklist - 2010-12-09

tikkiew Wrote:On some views when you highlight the item, only than you will see a watched logo. I wish there is watched logo on all views. Of course for the reason to see immediately if it has been watched or not. Example movie list view doesn't have this. Did you do this on purpose?

I don't see this happening in all views. I see "watched" as incidental information really, and having it available in all views doesn't really fit in with my over-all design.

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-12-10

Hi I just wanted to thank for the amazing design work so far.

As it happens to be, my English is failing me again so I can't even find the right words to describe my feelings for this skin, but please give everyone who's using XBMC a favor by finishing it.

Hope to see some coded work soon (amazing work some people have already done),
D0nR0sa

Oh, and what actor is 'Your Mom' Tongue

- blacklist - 2010-12-10

I don't know how well "Yo Mamma" jokes translate out of English...

I'm glad you are enjoying the design so far - I can tell you that ronie is doing some excellent coding work behind the scene, and ppic and grajen have helped alot with some scripting to make some of the ideas work. We are still far, far from a usable skin, but its honestly coming together much more quickly than I anticipated.

I feel very positive that this skin will see the light of day... the question is when Tongue
D0nR0sa Wrote:Hi I just wanted to thank for the amazing design work so far.

As it happens to be, my English is failing me again so I can't even find the right words to describe my feelings for this skin, but please give everyone who's using XBMC a favor by finishing it.

Hope to see some coded work soon (amazing work some people have already done),
D0nR0sa

Oh, and what actor is 'Your Mom' Tongue

- MrIcka - 2010-12-10

This is just to cool! I really hope you get this working, looks so sweet! Shocked

- tikkiew - 2010-12-10

blacklist Wrote:I don't see this happening in all views. I see "watched" as incidental information really, and having it available in all views doesn't really fit in with my over-all design.
I really wish you consider this. Every finished skin has this. Therefore I would think more people find this important. When I said all views of course I mean the views related to this. I would think you know this, but just to make sure. Looking at the movies Mock up this concerns the last 3 views. Of course it is your choice. What you would do with my suggestion.

MAIN MENU. Does it leaves room to add more menus?