[MOD] Night.Purity - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Night (/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Night.Purity (/showthread.php?tid=86753)
- Steveb - 2010-12-10 04:28
Night does the same, Includes_Music_Global.xml hack...
- KiSUAN - 2010-12-10 04:34
It's from Night, I will address it and report to the bugs thread also.
Edit: Steveb beat me, thanks.
Edit 2:It's also shown in Landpanel, and I haven't checked on banner or other views visible trough on/off options.
Includes_Music_Global.xml @@ 299 @@
- KiSUAN - 2010-12-10 05:11
- Flag size same as night, better balance.
- Flags error in Video Nav corrected (image down)
- Episode & Lanscape + TvTunes "bug" corrected.
- Nav bar change and custom, see first page for better idea and options. Would love any opinion on this modification if you have one.
- zwat - 2010-12-11 01:02
so i've updated to the newest purity build and still find the flag selection hard. my suggestion would be one of two solutions
1) change the flag toggle to a dropdownlist and the background toggle to another dropdownlist. maybe rename the custom style to something more explaining. this will shrink 5-6 settings to 2 settings.
2) if 1) can't be done! instead or in addition to showing what he toggle will change do a preview on the current changed flagsettings.
what i wanted to see on my box was the custom flags and i had set some flag settings on a previous build. i tried every setting on the flags without getting the flags i wanted, before trying to uncheck everything and there is was. so the current way of displaying flags settings ain't self explained.
- KiSUAN - 2010-12-11 05:56
I've already tried your ideas in most part and came out with some changes based on them, but I want to comment into them.
If you have another flag set selected I think its implicit you won't see the default (custom set), I think it's pretty self explained. It's like any other option in the skin, if you select it, the default won't show. I Don't see nothing wrong with this, but as there are many options to the same thing (flags) I think it wouldn't hurt to add a reset option/button for all the changes, so I added a button with this purpose.
Adding an option (dropdownlist is an option as you have to check it) to show other options, doesn't seem to make things easier or ends having a better layout, instead of having 6 Flag options you end with 7 or 8 if you brake it into 2, when you click on it, too much options display all the sudden. Beside the droplists are used to shown sub options/changes or fill options, not show options. What seems better is brake the Movies/TV Options into two categories "Flag Options & Others" in the way is done in the rest of the Skin Menu, and that's what I ended doing after trying both.
Showing previews flags of current select set has no point at all really. Anyway as an exercise I give it a thought, the only ways I could think on how it could be done were very complicated, and I don't know if it's even possible after much reflection.
Hope you are satisfied with the end result and thanks for your comments.
- "Fix" for TvTunes crash at library mode. This "fix" is regarding this error http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925&page=25, that apparently not everyone has. I updated to GiT in case other users experience it. But if users think its to much I will remove it.
- Movie/TV Menu improvement
- Little fixes of text in ...1111.xml
- More transparency def. icons "fix" in some views & "better coding"
- zwat - 2010-12-11 11:19
guess u misunderstood me on the dropdownlist part. i ment the same sort of selection that the "edit background for home button" video < > etc
actually the button text should be change to window or menu as i guess the home ain't a button?
- KiSUAN - 2010-12-11 19:34
LoL So you mean a preview window with buttons.
I plan to do something alike in the future with color change included so users don't have to edit the default.xml. But it won't be an easy task at all, as it is the background menu is the most extensive coding wise inside the ...1111.xml, it contains 1500 lines of code, so imagine trying to that plus adding a custom color selection plus showing preview on that and possibly showing current selection. That's is without counting possible changes to other parts to make it possible to select the color within the skin, that's only to select and show. My head hurts just of thinking the amount of hours I will have to dedicate to this menu alone.
I think it would be very cool if I can pull it off, I'm not entirely sure it can be done, I already take a look and think is possible but won't know until I start to do it. I plan on doing this once I finish with the hole color edit textures option theme, so be patient please, as for now the best I can do is what I just did.
You are right about the button part, will change it probably, but it isn't so important I think.
- qualar - 2010-12-11 19:43
Would you have any objections to me adapting your Jukebox code to add it to the Rapier Skin?
- KiSUAN - 2010-12-11 19:46
^ Go for it and good luck.
- hdmax - 2010-12-12 18:12
Where can I find Night Purity to download? I have looked all over, with no luck.
Or is this something that has to be copied and pasted into Night?
Thanks for all the hard work.