Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

play back - scrolling - 2013-06-20

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Fire fox and nothing happened so I’m guessing I did something wrong in the playercorefactory file so I’ll have to look more into that. I also plan on trying chrome. I thought it might be my fire wall but I figured if I can watch Netflix through a standalone browser (which is fire fox) that I should be able to watch it through IE. Am I assuming wrong?

RE: IE settings? - sambul25 - 2013-06-20

(2013-06-20, 16:01)scrolling Wrote: What else do I need to change in IE to get Netflix to play?
Try updating IE and Silverlight to the latest versions for your OS, and possibly relax IE security settings.

WMC - Netflix - navigates - 2013-06-21

If using windows 7. Why not use WMC with a direct shortcut to netflix. Assign that shortcut to the remote. I have done that and with a click of a button, Netflix launches with a great UI. After done. I kill it with another shortcut and its back into XBMC.

RE: WMC - Netflix - scrolling - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-20, 20:06)sambul25 Wrote:
(2013-06-20, 16:01)scrolling Wrote: What else do I need to change in IE to get Netflix to play?
Try updating IE and Silverlight to the latest versions for your OS, and possibly relax IE security settings.

Thanks. I installed it on my HTPC which doesn't have all the protection software and it worked.

(2013-06-21, 00:24)navigates Wrote: If using windows 7. Why not use WMC with a direct shortcut to netflix. Assign that shortcut to the remote. I have done that and with a click of a button, Netflix launches with a great UI. After done. I kill it with another shortcut and its back into XBMC.

This is a great suggestion unfortunately my HTPC doesn't have WMC loaded on it. Would WMP or Silverlight work? If so what would be the command line needed in the playercorefactory file?

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sambul25 - 2013-06-21

Flicks starts IE & Silverlight anyway, no need to mess with anything. Smile

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - rbcarnevale - 2013-06-22

It isn't working !!!! when we'll have it back??

RE: XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - saitoh183 - 2013-06-22

(2013-06-22, 02:57)rbcarnevale Wrote: It isn't working !!!! when we'll have it back??

what a useless and nonconstructive post....

dasfas - locoguano - 2013-06-22

Anyone have the playercorefactory setup for netflix linux player?

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - saaya2020 - 2013-06-22

Hi, need some advise on this plugin.

I installed "spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-a644263.zip " from the link on page 1
I have a AppleTV 1st generation.
It is modified & boots up with XBMC Eden.

After installing the above plugin, and trying to run XBMC Flicks 1.0.23, I get the 3 options as follows:
-->Instant Movies and Shows, Disc by Mail, Rental History.
Choosing "Instant Movies" options, there are another 9 options that popup . "Install Queue : All ........ Experimental Search".

If I choose "Top 25 New Arrivals" from the list, then I get a new popup
"After you have linked xbmcflick in netflix, click OK after you finished the link in your browser wi.." OK

Maybe a daft question. How to do this link - there is nothing obvious in the configuration settings of the plugin.
I also dont think there is a browser installed either on this ATV1

Any help to get this plugin working would be grateful. Thanks in advance

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sambul25 - 2013-06-22

This thread is primarily for discussing XBMC Flicks work in desktop environment. When it comes to devices like Apple TV, the whole implementation thing may differ. I'd assume that because you try using XBMC Flicks on a device, you'd still need to obtain XBMC developer credentials from Netflix and add them to your XBMC setup, as shown earlier in this thread. But specifics of your device may be better addressed on Apple TV forum. Smile

RE: XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - spiderjjr45 - 2013-06-22

(2013-06-20, 06:13)sambul25 Wrote: Try adding your Netflix login / password to Flicks plugin Settings.

Where can I find this in the settings? I've looked but I don't see a place to manually put in my login.

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sambul25 - 2013-06-23

Its a bit hidden for some reason. Try right mouse click on XBMC Flicks entry in Video Add-ons.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - saitoh183 - 2013-06-23

I gave up on this and got playon. It works with Caprica and all the other shows that were failing in Flicks...i hope someone picks this up and does a over haul. I know there is no more public API key available anymore, so my hopes are not high Smile

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - sambul25 - 2013-06-23

As I understand, PlayOn transcodes Netflix videos on the fly. Many people complained about video quality being downgraded by this. Is that your experience too? Do you use PlayOn with XBMC - how to setup it this way?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - saitoh183 - 2013-06-23

Yes there is transcoding so the quality is SD but at least i can watch via XBMC without a problem. Playon is accessed via UPNP

From Dev:

Quote:A lot of the HD streams offered by Netflix are only available when using one of their apps. PlayOn does not support the HD streams at this time. Support for what Netflix in HD will be coming in the near future.

Kind regards,

Chris
PlayOn Support
www.playon.tv