Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

Movies - locoguano - 2013-08-01

My TV queue comes up fine... Movies do not.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - experimental Addon for XBMC - LOGIK3 - 2013-08-01

(2013-07-30, 18:35)mooncaptain Wrote: I have been using XBMC Flix for a few years now and have from time to time had problems getting even my queue to populate properly. It just started failing again a few days ago. No one is actively supporting this plugin currently and Netflix is continually modifying the API and causing XBMC Flix to punk out in various ways. My recommendation is to use the WMC app as mentioned above or try the Netflix viewer here. Link to Netflix TX viewer

These solutions are not add-ons or plug-ins which is not as slick as the XBMC interface but... they work.

Same here, work very well with my air mouse.

C - locoguano - 2013-08-02

Interestingly, my queue is hit and miss, but my.library has no problems pulling the links to add to my xbmc library.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - marsilainen - 2013-08-14

I guess this plugin is in limbo right now but is it even possible to create native xbmc plugin for netflix anymore? Apart from the actual player part of course.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - hdmkv - 2013-08-15

Guys, need some help. Followed the guide in post #1 (I'm using Frodo 12.0)... When I hit 'Instant Queue' via XBMC Flicks, it opens an IE windows asking me to authorize. I type in my e-mail and p/w, then it says I've successfully linked xbmcflicks to my Netflix a/c. Now I Alt-Tab and return to XBMC Flicks and click 'OK', but I get a script error.

Here's my playercorefactory.xml, in the "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\" folder, where iewrap.exe and advancedsettings.xml also also located...

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="TMT6" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
    <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
      <filename>C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\iewrap.exe</filename>
      <args> "{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="TMT6"/>
    <rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

The above code has playback of my ISO's via TMT6 as well, and that part works fine.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - TheCasa - 2013-08-16

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the API key. I can't get it to work either.

Pipelight: Using Silverlight in Linux browsers - AddonScriptorDE - 2013-08-20

Some info for linux users...
Pipelight: Using Silverlight in Linux browsers

Working fine via Chrome Launcher!

Chrome Launcher (Win/Linux/OSX) could be used by any add-on (like this one) to display websites. Not necessary to edit the playercorefactory.xml / advancedsettings.xml! Plugin URL:
Code:
plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?url=URLENCODED_URL&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - dCypher - 2013-09-05

Happens to me all the time. It's mainly with my Movies and Television queues that load >>very<< slowly. It takes about 30-120 seconds to load, which isn't a terribly long time to wait, but I have a sensitive remote and sometimes it goes back (up a level) accidentally, and it's annoying to have to wait another minute to get back to where I was as I wait for it to load the directory contents.

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - elmcguinness - 2013-09-11

Anyone have a fix for preventing that blasted personalization popup from coming up, every time I watch something I have to dismiss the screen and then choose the entry again to get it to play properly.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows - XBMCMBX - 2013-09-16

(2013-05-25, 02:29)Tim. Wrote: If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to get XBMCFlicks working on Frodo with Windows 7. I’m not the original developer of this code, and am just trying to help. If Netflix continues messing with the API, this will break again and I may not have the knowledge to fix it. Good luck!

How to get XBMCFlicks working on Frodo!

1. Install the modified addon uploaded here. (Based on yabsie's recent release, modified to remove broken options)
  2. In XBMC navigate to XBMCFlicks and attempt to view the instant queue. It will take you to the Netflix webpage to associate with an account. Just close the page, do not try to authenticate here! Go back to XBMC, press OK. You will get a script error. No problem, just close XBMC.
  3. Navigate to C:\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\ and open userinfo.txt
  4. The file should be blank, no problem! For now paste in the following text:
    Code:
    requestKey=consumer_key
    requestSecret=consumer_secret
    accessKey=oauth_token
    accessSecret=oauth_token_secret
  5. Save the file, and keep it open for now. Just minimize it.
  6. Navigate to the API Walkthrough here: http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough
  7. Step 1, input the following developer information (Borrowed from Plex):
    Code:
    Key: nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6
    Shared Secret: bBsa6TqYab
    Click request a token to move onto the next step.
  8. Step 2, look in the block of text Step 1 just generated and copy the line of text from after “oauth_token_secret=” and before the “&”. Do not include the “&”! Press “Save OAuth Token Secret” to move on to the next step.
  9. Step 3, input the information based on the text block generated in Step 1.
    oauth_token: Copy the line of text from after “oauth_token=” and before the “&”. Do not include the “&”!
    application_name: Plex
    Leave the rest of the fields alone and press “Generate the OAuth Login Page” to be redirected to the normal API access page. Press the ‘Yes, Link This Account’ button to proceed. There will be a short loading time before returning to the walkthrough page. Please be patient!
  10. Step 4 is easy, just press “Request Access Token” to proceed.
  11. Step 5, input the oauth_token and oauth_token_secret in the same way you did in Step 2 and 3 of the API Walkthrough. This time, however, use the text block generated after Step 4.
  12. Step 6, congratulations! You just got the proper API information generated using the Plex developer keys for use with XBMCFlicks. These strings of text are unique to you, don’t share them!
  13. Now that we are done with the API Walkthrough, we pull back up the userdata.txt we minimized earlier. Copy and paste the strings of text and replace the placeholder (for example consumer_key) of the matching field in userdata.txt. No space after the “=” is needed. Save the file and close. Close your browser window with the API Walkthrough open.
  14. Open XBMC, goto Video Addons, open XBMCFlicks, click on Instant Queue, and start watching!

Thanks Tim for this post. I got it working on OS X. It worked the first time (actually second time because session timed out before I entered last part.Smile). I had no problem, mostly because I have a Netflix developer's account from the days of the Netflix Prize, and I have messed with the API before. But for people having no experience with the API, or APIs in general, this would be somewhat daunting I think, despite you fairly straightforward instructions. For those using OS X, the userinfo.txt file you need to modify is at:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmcflicks/

Copy this line, then in Finder, type cmd-shift-G and paste the line in the box, then hit <enter>.

Also, be sure to enter your Netflix email account for User Name in the final stage of the walk-through.

One thing that disappoints me though, is that all this add-on does, after all this trouble to get it to work, is to open the stream in a browser window. I have many tabs open in Firefox so play is choppy at best. I can open it in Suckfari with no other tabs open and it plays better but I'd have to make that my default browser, which I won't. I can find no way to then view the stream directly through XBMC so there is no point in this add-on for me. All I want to do is to replace the slow buggy internet TV box that came with my TV. Does anyone know of an add-on that would let you view Firefox or other browser through XBMC?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - seninha - 2013-09-16

This looks great.

I did everything mentioned here and no errors comes up but also No list apears when I press Instan queue: all.
Same happends when I press Movies and TV queue

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - OtisPresley - 2013-09-16

I have never used OS X before, but I am assuming that you are using the external player settings in playercorefactory.xml to launch the content in the browser. You should be able to change the path to the browser of your choice. See the first post for more information.

(2013-09-16, 01:50)XBMCMBX Wrote: One thing that disappoints me though, is that all this add-on does, after all this trouble to get it to work, is to open the stream in a browser window. I have many tabs open in Firefox so play is choppy at best. I can open it in Suckfari with no other tabs open and it plays better but I'd have to make that my default browser, which I won't. I can find no way to then view the stream directly through XBMC so there is no point in this add-on for me. All I want to do is to replace the slow buggy internet TV box that came with my TV. Does anyone know of an add-on that would let you view Firefox or other browser through XBMC?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - theredguy - 2013-09-24

(2013-05-25, 02:29)Tim. Wrote: I was using XBMCFlicks for quite a while before Frodo launched. Unfortunately XBMCFlicks broke shortly before, and I just gave up and spent $50 on an Xbox Live Gold account and have been using my Xbox 360 to stream Netflix. This afternoon I had some time to kill and read through the past 25 pages or so of this thread and was able to get XBMCFlicks working! Granted, only Instant Queue and Search. I even went so far as to use my new-found Python abilities to tweak the menu to skip right to the options that work. No more clicking passed the disc options. I also removed Genre, Top 25, etc as they are broken due to the ODATA change in the Netflix API. I also modified the iqueue.py to use the Plex developer credentials already.

If you follow the instructions below, you should be able to get XBMCFlicks working on Frodo with Windows 7. I’m not the original developer of this code, and am just trying to help. If Netflix continues messing with the API, this will break again and I may not have the knowledge to fix it. Good luck!

How to get XBMCFlicks working on Frodo!

1. Install the modified addon uploaded here. (Based on yabsie's recent release, modified to remove broken options)
  2. In XBMC navigate to XBMCFlicks and attempt to view the instant queue. It will take you to the Netflix webpage to associate with an account. Just close the page, do not try to authenticate here! Go back to XBMC, press OK. You will get a script error. No problem, just close XBMC.
  3. Navigate to C:\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\ and open userinfo.txt
  4. The file should be blank, no problem! For now paste in the following text:
    Code:
    requestKey=consumer_key
    requestSecret=consumer_secret
    accessKey=oauth_token
    accessSecret=oauth_token_secret
  5. Save the file, and keep it open for now. Just minimize it.
  6. Navigate to the API Walkthrough here: http://developer.netflix.com/walkthrough
  7. Step 1, input the following developer information (Borrowed from Plex):
    Code:
    Key: nfeafbf2hpdnyfvr5dd32ka6
    Shared Secret: bBsa6TqYab
    Click request a token to move onto the next step.
  8. Step 2, look in the block of text Step 1 just generated and copy the line of text from after “oauth_token_secret=” and before the “&”. Do not include the “&”! Press “Save OAuth Token Secret” to move on to the next step.
  9. Step 3, input the information based on the text block generated in Step 1.
    oauth_token: Copy the line of text from after “oauth_token=” and before the “&”. Do not include the “&”!
    application_name: Plex
    Leave the rest of the fields alone and press “Generate the OAuth Login Page” to be redirected to the normal API access page. Press the ‘Yes, Link This Account’ button to proceed. There will be a short loading time before returning to the walkthrough page. Please be patient!
  10. Step 4 is easy, just press “Request Access Token” to proceed.
  11. Step 5, input the oauth_token and oauth_token_secret in the same way you did in Step 2 and 3 of the API Walkthrough. This time, however, use the text block generated after Step 4.
  12. Step 6, congratulations! You just got the proper API information generated using the Plex developer keys for use with XBMCFlicks. These strings of text are unique to you, don’t share them!
  13. Now that we are done with the API Walkthrough, we pull back up the userdata.txt we minimized earlier. Copy and paste the strings of text and replace the placeholder (for example consumer_key) of the matching field in userdata.txt. No space after the “=” is needed. Save the file and close. Close your browser window with the API Walkthrough open.
  14. Open XBMC, goto Video Addons, open XBMCFlicks, click on Instant Queue, and start watching!
I took these notes as I was setup XBMCFlicks on my laptop which had a fresh Frodo install, so it should work for anyone. I would suggest deleting any old XBMCFlicks folders/addons you may already have before beginning.

Hope I could help someone, and lets hope Netflix leaves us alone for a while!

EDIT: So while Netflix does definitely work, I ran into 2 other issues. The first has been mentioned here a few times: navigation sounds looping (clicking) when choosing a video file. This was apparently added in sometime between the RC's and Final for Frodo. There's a small thread about it over here that I commented in. We should probably make some noise and try to help the devs find what is causing it. The second issue is WASAPI. Some users have suggested enabling WASAPI to "fix" the navigation looping (clicking). Unfortunately, on both of my systems when WASAPI is enabled the Netflix stream will load, but then give me a playback error (several different errors). I can hope that when the devs fix the navigation looping, that they may find a solution to the WASAPI/Netflix incompatibility, but I doubt it.

My solution provided here definitely gets Netflix working again but at least in my case I would have to disable navigation sounds and switch from WASAPI to DirectSound. Maybe you'll get lucky and your system will work fine. Let me know if anyone's got any ideas!

Does this still work? At step 7 when I click "Request a Token" I just get "Invalid Signature" in the box. Any ideas? Maybe because I'm in Canada?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - creche - 2013-10-09

I believe Netflix is revoking the public API access.

RE: - mikexmayhem - 2013-10-13

will there ever be a working netlix plugin for xbmc?