Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- fekker - 2011-01-31

t_buzz Wrote:Having a minor issue. It's nothing functional, rather an irritation. I have this minor OCD quirk about things, which is part of the reason I use XBMC to begin with.

Anywho, my IQ is alphabetized online. It's the only way I can make due with 384 items. Up until last week, XBMC Flicks had no problem with that. Now everythings in reverse order. The last item in my queue is now the first in XBMC Flicks. When I change the order criteria, it keeps it reversed. Any ideas whats happening there?
For now, use library mode, there's move view options and better meta-data display.
For some reason, some items sort descending, some accending, some let you change that, some don't. (this is when in file mode) .. it's the same code, but react's different, no idea why yet, still trying to isolate or force those options as it's annoying that my instant queue is sorted z->a in file mode.

sfreema1 - not sure on that one, seems something is off with the date / time of your machine, but from what you have said it's not. I'll try to get some more XP debugging going on soon and see if i can isolate why xp is having the issues.

for those who are using it without issues, glad ya like it Big Grin

- ktjensen - 2011-01-31

APPLE TV version will not work to play a movie. XBMC has to start up a browser to run a movie. XBMC-Flicks fails to do that correctly on an APPLE TV G1

- sfreema1 - 2011-02-01

Thanks Fekker.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to help troubleshoot.

- t_buzz - 2011-02-01

I much appreciate the support Fekker. Other than a quirk here or there, I absolutely love the program. I'm still blown away it got integrated in finally, as I was expecting it to be a while.

- ryan03rr - 2011-02-01

i see here people are using the netfix plugin for xbmc on xp.
one of my boxes is a xp machine and im having HELL with vsync at 1920x1080.

i assumed it was because xp couldnt sync the desktop like dwm in v/7
i went as far as to unsucessfully vsync ie (nvidia override).
and i cant really seem to find where to point nvidia control panel to override silverlight

anyways if anyones got the vsync issue on xp straightened out please lemme know.
fast side scrolls make it unwatchable.

- rynoc - 2011-02-01

I use a PC that has both a screen and projector attached. XBMC runs on my projector using settings in appearance to re-direct (windowed mode). I have installed and tested this plug-in and everytime it launches, Silverlight launches on full screen on my monitor only....cannot get it to switch to the projector.

I have tried running in full screen as well but the only resolution I could find is to remove my monitor completely. Can the script be updated to have an option to select screen or use the same screen as XBMC for silverlight?

- Dondoko - 2011-02-02

rynoc, the same thing happened to me at first. The simple fix was to open a Microsoft Windows Exploder window, then drag it to the monitor I wanted to view Netflix on. Then simply close the browser window there. It will remember where it was last opened. After that, Silverlight opened to full screen with no trouble on that window.

I hope this helps!

- Don

- martinmonette - 2011-02-03

Hello, new to the forum and new to using XBMC and I'm having an issue with Xbmc Flicks. I have the add-on installed and it works, but when I close an IE window and it goes back to XBMC it automatically opens another IE window. If I alt-tab back to XBMC it will just launch another IE window. So right now I can't stop XBMC from trying to play a movie without closing XBMC itself.

- rockymountain - 2011-02-04

Hi, Sorry If I'm being thick -- nobody else seems to have this problem, but...

I don't seem to be able to follow this simple instruction from the initial posting:

Where do i get it?
The addon is in the official XBMC repo, you can install it from within XBMC. The addon will attempt to create the required playercorefactory and advancedsettings files for it to work, if you already have these files, you will need to manually add the information to them

I follow the menu path: Add-ons/Get add-ons/XBMC.org add-ons/Video add-ons.
This presents me with many choices from "Academic Earth" to "Zoneminder", but none of the names seems to indicate that it is the correct add-on I'm looking for. Nothing with "XBMC Flicks" in the name, nor "Team UMX" nor Netflix.

What am I doing wrong?

- Dondoko - 2011-02-04

rockymountain, what system are you using to watch XBMC? Do you have the latest version of XBMC?

There is an "unofficial repository" website where you can install new repositories that give an enormous amount of addons, including CNN, Hulu, TBS, Spike, etc. But I believe the Netflix one discussed here was simply part of the built in, official repository.

- Don

- mikeinrancho - 2011-02-04

Dondoko Wrote:fekker, I have your addon set up on four different computers (two laptops and two desktops). I'm located in the USA. The OS I am using is Win7 64 bit with the latest XBMC.

For me, everything works GREAT! I have no trouble at all browsing Genres, searching for movies/shows, or watching anything that shows up.

Your plugin is extremely valuable, and I'm sure there are a great number of people using it who have absolutely no troubles. Most of them are probably just too busy watching Netflix to write here! Ha ha..

For me, this is the most important addon for XBMC. I'm certain that as each new person discovers this, he or she appreciates your work immensely!
- Don

+1. After all my struggling with Boxee Box...

XBMC, Zotac, and the XBMC-Flicks addon is everything I wanted. Thanks goes to you and the entire XBMC team.

- fekker - 2011-02-06

martinmonette Wrote:Hello, new to the forum and new to using XBMC and I'm having an issue with Xbmc Flicks. I have the add-on installed and it works, but when I close an IE window and it goes back to XBMC it automatically opens another IE window. If I alt-tab back to XBMC it will just launch another IE window. So right now I can't stop XBMC from trying to play a movie without closing XBMC itself.

Never seen that issue
What skin are you using? try it with the default skin as it could be some odd thing with the skin and addon.

You could also try it with firefox or the wrapper (download location is on the first post of this thread).

In other news, I've been checking out different things with the odata from netflix. One thing that it'll let me do is pull the full movie info for the top 25 new movies/shows, right now the data is sourced from an rss feed with limited info, so that should bring that part more inline. I'm limited as it's a very long url that is sent for this or that or this or that, etc for the id's for the top new items. It's still not working as it should, so i'm holding off on pushing that out. (of the top 25, only ~60% are returned, I suspect an odata issue)

I'm also looking into how to do the cast and related links for the movies/shows. As well as a favorites option for the menus (or an right click don't show this menu item again type thing)

- fekker - 2011-02-06

Quote:Originally Posted by Dondoko View Post
fekker, I have your addon set up on four different computers (two laptops and two desktops). I'm located in the USA. The OS I am using is Win7 64 bit with the latest XBMC.

For me, everything works GREAT! I have no trouble at all browsing Genres, searching for movies/shows, or watching anything that shows up.

Your plugin is extremely valuable, and I'm sure there are a great number of people using it who have absolutely no troubles. Most of them are probably just too busy watching Netflix to write here! Ha ha..

For me, this is the most important addon for XBMC. I'm certain that as each new person discovers this, he or she appreciates your work immensely!
- Don
mikeinrancho Wrote:+1. After all my struggling with Boxee Box...

XBMC, Zotac, and the XBMC-Flicks addon is everything I wanted. Thanks goes to you and the entire XBMC team.

Big Grin always good to hear folks using it and digging it.
Now if only we could get neflix to allow a custom player within xbmc under all OS's, that would be the cat's meow.

- martinmonette - 2011-02-07

Thanks, I tried that but no luck, it still does the same, every time I close a window a new one opens up and if I try to switch back to XBMC to stop it, it will open a new window.

- martinmonette - 2011-02-08

I just installed XBMC on a second computer and XBMC flicks works fine with no issues. So I don't know why its doing this on my laptop.